The Son of God:

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
As Christians, we are told one way to deal with people who practice witchcraft.

"
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
- Exodus 22:18

If you are a Christian, bwam, then know this, and follow God's word.

Well that escalated quickly. Lets all be thankful you weren't born into an even more violent religion.

Seriously. Darkfyre, quite literally that is saying that Witches should be put to death. Is that truly something you would support? There are an awful lot of Old Testament rules that would be not only socially unacceptable, but downright illegal to enforce in the present day. Are you suggesting that all of those should also be enforced or put into practice?
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Apr 24, 2017, 1:29:46 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Seriously. Darkfyre, quite literally that is saying that Witches should be put to death. Is that truly something you would support? There are an awful lot of Old Testament rules that would be not only socially unacceptable, but downright illegal to enforce in the present day. Are you suggesting that all of those should also be enforced or put into practice?

My devotion to God is not limited by "social acceptance". If you haven't figured that out by now then you haven't been paying attention.
"
Upandatem wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
If you are a Christian, bwam, then know this, and follow God's word. Have nothing to do with them. Avoid them at all costs if possible. If they come to you, kill them. They are utterly evil. God's instruction in this matter is dead clear.

Witchcraft isn't real either. You'd be the harry potter fan who murdered a lord of the rings fan for cosplaying as an elf.

Fortunately you have no idea what you're talking about in this instance. If you did, I would be afraid for you.
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

My devotion to God is not limited by "social acceptance". If you haven't figured that out by now then you haven't been paying attention.

And what about legality? So you are saying that "witches" should be killed, literally?
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

And what about legality? So you are saying that "witches" should be killed, literally?

I'm not saying it. God said it. I've repeated what He said, here; And I'm agreeing with it.

The Bible says to obey the laws set forth by your rulers.
"

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but from God; the powers that be are ordained by God.
- Romans 13:1

But it also says that where the two sets of laws conflict (God's commandments vs. that of man), you are to obey God rather than man.
"

And when they had brought them, they set them before the council. And the high priest questioned them, 28 saying, “We strictly charged you not to teach in this name, yet here you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you intend to bring this man’s blood upon us.” 29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.
- Acts 5:27-29

But in so doing, if we break the law of man by obeying God, we are still to subject ourselves to the punishment set forth by the law of man, just as Jesus subjected Himself to the (unjust) punishment of man against Him.

Do not obey man's law over God's when the two conflict; but neither attempt to escape the punishment of man for doing so.
"
Darkfyre wrote:
/snip

Do you eat shellfish? Wear clothes made from mixed fabrics? Kill children who are disobedient to their parents? Think rape victims should be forced to marry their rapists?

"
Do not obey man's law over God's when the two conflict; but neither attempt to escape the punishment of man for doing so.

If you had followed this, you'd be in prison already.
"
Darkfyre wrote:

So what happens when your gods own words conflict?

"
Thou shalt not kill

"
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"Dear dark, unholy Lord Satan my immortal soul is yours."

Spoiler
Hah, made you say it in your head. You're going to hell now. :+P
Thank you for the responses.

I had gotten the whole "you must repent, accept Him, and be saved to join Heaven" from a few friends before, but wanted to see if that held true with other Christians here.

I guess it's true that pagans, if they did worship multiple Gods, wouldn't follow 1 of the 10; worshipping false idols. Being open to multiple Gods and worshipping multiple Gods is different, I feel, but I won't digress into nitpicking on that.

@MonstaMunch so it was Confucious, then. Glad that's cleared up in my head so I won't misspeak in the future.
Bring back race seasons.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:

What would a Christian do if they came across a pagan that agreed to most Christian ideals, followed the ten commandments (which are arguably just good standards to live by regardless of religion), and said that Jesus' conception, rebirth, and "God" were all real possibilities? A pagan who still communicated with spirits, nature, and practiced magic?

It's worth saying that I am not pagan. I'm agnostic. I'm not "spiritual", but I find spirituality, religion, and magic all incredibly interesting. Naturally this interest has brought me to question local pagans.

Most of them seem on board the peace and love train.

In contrast, most Christians I question (even close friends) tell me that they worry for me because they believe that when I die, if I have not converted to Christianity yet, they fear I will go to Hell instead of Heaven.

What do you believe? Do pagans get a free ticket to Hell for not having been saved and converting to Christianity?

Most Christians around the world (ie Roman Catholic and the Eastern Orthodox Churches) teach that going to heaven is a free will choice.

A smaller group of Christians, called protestants, are broken down into 20,000-30,000 different sects and do not agree on what constitutes going to heaven/hell. You would have to research each protestant sect to get a specific answer.
Last edited by Kamchatka on Apr 25, 2017, 7:13:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info