[3.2] Budget Deadeye Shrapnel Shot - subtle killer

Heyo just wondering if your gonna be updating this for 3.1. thanks
i will do a full update today/tomorow

for now i have quick update for 3.1: (im really busi IRL right now, so not that much time to spare)

**NOTE** i am NOT playing Abyss so what ill write about it is purely speculative and 2nd hand knowledge

1) you CAN level as Shrapnell Shot from lvl1 to lvl100
2) Mirage Archer is good. Volley is bad. do not use Volley ever with Shrapnel Shot
3) You do not need Yugul pantheon now, pick any one you like (and has easily accessible unlockable bonus).
4) no matter what you do - try and buy/find/get abyss jewels with flat ele damage and run trough the content. these jewels are idiotic strong while leveling
5) use the same unique bows for leveling, do not bother with crafting, it is not worth it (unless you are retardedly lucky and find a great shaper/elder item in maps)

rest of the build is the same: tree, gear, ascendancy (except jewels and end-end game gearing - abyss jewels + shaper/elder items. and even then it is difficult to beat Signal Fire)

from what i experienced in Abyss (got to like level 10 or 20 in HC, still alive) the abyss fights/mobs/areas are PERFECT for Shrapnel Shot so you can be sure it will work
please please update. Your shrapnel build is my first char and i am sticking around in standart mode just to finish it and slaughter every map and every boss with it.

Truly grateful
ill do my best but im seriously in a bit of overload situation IRL :/
Besides Lineye's Fall and Collateral Damage x 2 what would be the fourth jewel to use besides abyss ones?
life + as much crit multi as you can get ALTERNATIVELY (if you are rich that is) you can aim for one of the Chayula jewels (Dream/Nightmare) that gives you the charge you want but treat this as an end-end game goal

ill update the guide on Friday - there is no chance ill have this much spare time before then
I've been having a blast (rimshot) with this build and here's something that I've run into that I didn't expect. I got the new boots :
and ended up converting all my physical damage into elemental when Signal Fire is equipped. After doing that I replaced PPAD with Added Cold Damage and now the amount of damage is pretty damn insane. So much so that if any elemental thorns rare pops up I just splat. Not sure exactly how to handle that yet. It has been fun to just run up to a boss and pop all the flasks and they just melt. That's satisfying. Though the Elder still smacks me around a lot.

And yeah, one of those 4 damage mod abyss jewels just tacks on a few thousand DPS without blinking. Maybe I need to drop the boots for something else. Not quite sure how to handle the reflect other than being fast enough to stop firing when one of the manta rays pops up with the elemental thorns on..if I happen to see it in the middle of the crap storms that are abyss'.

about these new boots - 'no life' sadly. the effect of shock is quite nice, one note tho:

added cold damage vs PPAD: PPAD should ALWAYS be better damage no matter what (once you have an end-game bow like Chin Sol or whatnot) it is because of how conversion works in POE (the aspd penalty is visible in the tooltip but that is just a number irrelevant in practice)

**updated**

there are no major changes as the build was pretty solid already year ago :)
without trying i faceroled yellow tier elder and his guardians - no sweat content

Last edited by sidtherat on Dec 29, 2017, 12:47:56 PM
Would u care to add a story where to invest an exalt or ten exalts as you start to run into currency more often? So you are saying the same gear and skills from page one should still work as intended in 3.1?

I enjoy this build so much :D
I moved things around a bit and put PPAD back in and it is destroying everything. The multi-proj elemental reflects still kill if they take me by surprise but everything else isn't much of a problem. Thanks again for responding and getting me back on track.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info