[3.2] Budget Deadeye Shrapnel Shot - subtle killer

that is what im investigating too. this change - pretty much the only skill related change in patch notes - makes this build A LOT worse and most likely i will drop this build and guide altogether

devs want us to play meta skills? sure, lets make generic tornado shot noob-friendly cannot-go-wrong build.. 5th time in a row

sad to see this change but oh well
Is it really that bad to be build disenabling though ? I mean it wasn't tier 1 before right, so wouldn't you be able to make it work or somehow put it together with ful physical to lightning scaling now ? Was rupture that essential ? On the other hand the lifegain on hit surely would've helped, so maybe using another quiver other than signal fire to keep the phys damage ? Really would still like to play this skill and at least there is the new defensive MS node to kinda make up for it.

Cheers
how about using the 30% conversion from stormcharger boots and 10-19% from a corrupted quiver?

we could get up to 99% lightning conversion with the right corruption.

But i guess then you would realy need to invest into resis on other parts of your gear.
Last edited by Moonkingdom on Mar 2, 2018, 3:17:24 AM
As an alternative solution you could get Winter Spirit in the tree for 40% phys to cold conversion.
But that would mean droping Signal Fire for maybe a Shaper/Elder rare quiver.
Dunno what's best.

Personally i'll just try that new Tailwind shit instead.
honestly - if you are goind to follow this build in new league - ill try to figure something out before then.

i bought myself nicely rolled conversion Signal Fire already and wonder about some 25% conversion option out there. if that fails, ill just leave that phys damage and drop that node

Rupture was good for two reasons: 40% crit multi and 80% crit. sounds meh but it really made the damage curve smooth. second reason was 'bleed deals no extra damage while moving' - it saved me more times than im ready to admit.

if that option is not possible: Tailwind sounds raaather strong. same as the 'blink arrow cooldown is halved' node. fun observartion - id love to make Elementalist out of this build.. but that is a distant future
I'd be really curious to know if this is viable in 3.2. I am looking to level and later play endgame as ranger with the idea of using a bow to shoot lightning at enemies. The only other lightning bow build I've seen is LemonPrime's LA/Blast Rain but this doesn't seem to be a leveling build just an endgame build.
ill update the build guide in ~12 hours

from my standard league testing - build works fine, Deadeye is strong, the loss of my fav node hurts but the Tailwind makes up for that and more

it is perfect league starter (esp day ~5+ league starter when all leveling bows are dirt cheap - because you can level up to shaper with unique bows ONLY, it is safe, nice to play (Tailwind.. is preeeety neat) and has high scaling potential while being perfectly usable with just rudimentary gear setup

Does anyone know if the changed wording on Chin Sol damage increase ('100% more damage with arrow hits at close range') actually means that this multiplier no longer affects the Shrapnel Shot cone?

I've tried asking this question in the technical questions thread, but no reply so far.
updated to 3.2

i'll polish the tree/gear etc sections more in near future, for now cannot do much more

as for the Chin Sol - noone except GGG knows and if they are not talking.. i did not see any decrease in damage compared to what i remember. if they change that to 'arrows' only - then skills like rain of arrows, blast rain, ice shot (cone) etc are effectively neutered for no reason
"
sidtherat wrote:
updated to 3.2

i'll polish the tree/gear etc sections more in near future, for now cannot do much more

as for the Chin Sol - noone except GGG knows and if they are not talking.. i did not see any decrease in damage compared to what i remember. if they change that to 'arrows' only - then skills like rain of arrows, blast rain, ice shot (cone) etc are effectively neutered for no reason

ok, thanks for the quick reply. I'll go on that for now. Certainly seems strange to neuter Chin Sol for many ranged skills, but not for Barrage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info