[3.2] Budget Deadeye Shrapnel Shot - subtle killer

opening the profile is unlikely. certain 'lovely' community members are such PITA to deal with that i just do not want to encourage them

as for the changes - i do not think that ive changed much. ill do a refresh (if needed) after work.
Could this build work in hardcore?
only if you take care of reflect (no, Vaal Pact is not it) - shrapnel shot at point blank range WILL KILL you vs surprise reflect rare. you will die. pantheon + sybils i think is a must

otherwise - it is doable. but - and this is a big but - i do not play HC nor i really care about it
Noob question;
Could u explain reasoning why you stopped lvl some of the skill gems, while others are maxed out?
1) cast when damage taken are usually set low so they proc frequently
2) some gems can face 'requirements not met' problem when your INT or STR is too low
3) gems lvl'ed to 20, and i did the gem lvl20 + GCP recipe for %20 gem.

assume in each and every guide that gems are 20/20 and CwDT setup is low on purpose. it is this simple
Hey, do you know if Carcass Jack works with shrapnel shot?

"20% increased Area of Effect of Area Skills" - this i've noticed for sure, i know it works.

"(40-50)% increased Area Damage" - this i dunno. Should work, given that the increased area of effect works, right?

Anyway, why didn't you incorporate Carcass Jack in your build? Seems like a perfect piece that complements shrapnel shot's insane damage.

why no Carcass? because i do not need more damage. i like my characters, even basic ones like this one, to be alive more than dead

i picked my chest slot with defensive in mind (first as AR/EV chest and laterly with Lightning Coil - one of if not THE best defensive chest in the game)

the extra damage Carcass gives applies only to the AOE part (the cone) not to the arrow. so when evaluating it cut the value in half. it is not worth it

the extra AOE.. maybe coule allow to replace the AOE gem but the AOE is good enough already

one note: guys, damage is easy. defenses are not. in most cases when something is not giving damage it is on purpose - to stay alive longer. this character is squishy by design yet i made it T15 viable just because i knew when to let go damage numbers and focus on staying alive long enough to dish it out
So basically no changes to the build ? Did anyone start with this ?

cheers
I've been building it in the Abyss League, but I'm fairly new to the game so that's about all I can say. Also, I only just hit Act 4 at level 39.
ill do a review of the guide over the weekend - i do not expect many changes, reflect removal made build A LOT safer

leveling etc is the same, Shrapnel Shot is EXTREMELY potent skill when facing with throngs of abyss mobs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info