[3.2] Budget Deadeye Shrapnel Shot - subtle killer

Whats your crit probability? I dont seem to crit bosses in t>10 regularly. I kill mobs easily but bosses are a problem.
raw ~32%
with pcharges ~38%
including assassins mark curse ~45%

low? maybe. but i will always take higher HIT chance vs high crit chance so my hit prob is 93% at lvl92. people that run with 70% crit chance and 86% hit chance in fact crit almost as often as i do

Diamond flask plays a role here - i do not use it but i can easily swap one of my defensive flasks for it

v.short clip of a T14 boss: https://youtu.be/JR8kCY5gwOA
for other bosses id use Balista totem for extra (significant) damage. with Vaal boss extra totem can mess up the LaZoR targeting and get you in trouble

it is not meta 1sec boss kill setup - there are guides for that - but keeping the damage moderate i do not need to worry about reflect and yet the content dies at an 'ok' pace
6th link in this video is AOE so it does not affect single target at all
Last edited by sidtherat on Sep 13, 2017, 1:30:27 AM
yeah finally got my Lionseye Fall. That thing really does make a difference!
Now the gull is very pricey atm.
I swapped AA because me too I had the impression that Herald of ash really didnt clear anything reliably >T10

Spoiler
Last edited by lui36000 on Sep 15, 2017, 2:12:21 PM
Gull is in fact quite pricey. sad to see it this way because The Gull is one of the few trully great items out there: strong yet not broken and that strength depends on the player himself

Starkonja's is the perfect alternative. I do not know the league price for this item but try to get it with an echant that at least benefits the build a bit. Helmet without enchant is something worth working on

make sure to get a nice set of flasks, youll need Basalt and maybe even Granite for phys damage mitigation.

Ive been experimenting with Lightning Coil recently and I think Ill create an alternate gearing model with LC + Purity of Lightning for a very strong phys defence method
So how far do you think this can scale? With decnet investment,can it do, t15+ ?
i did t15 with mods already, so i think guardians are possible with good enough fight knowledge. is shaper possible? have not enough experience tbh - there is little point in farming end-endgame content: xp nor loot is the best there so i never bothered (and im in standard anyway).

what WILL kill you is reflect. you hit HARD and if you high-roll crit and hit a surprise beyond reflect you will die. simple as that.

with SERIOUS investment you can get anti-reflect measures and gear around them but this is simply different build. this never was planned as an end-game farmer

if you want t15+ content, i think there are better builds for that - esp if you want to zoom-zoom trought the content: barrage, tornado shot, you know, this kind of stuff

on the other hand - Shrapnel Shot traps are abusrdly strong and this build is pretty much the same stuff
Yes but doing endgame stuff with hipster builds has its own rewards don't you think? :D

Anywho, bookmarking this as I might just incorporate this into a doomfletch prism build.

Edit: Spellcheck
Last edited by ultra_super_hyper on Sep 24, 2017, 9:50:40 PM
So, how would a physical to lightning setup look like ? Reason being is I really would like to go for arcing blows node and the life wheel on the way. Would need lightning penetration and Added lightning Support instead of maybe Slower Proj. ? Or is the current setup just straight up better ?

cheers
well, havent really checked full-lightning setup. mostly because you wont be 100% lightning anyway (Hatred, Signal Fire both provide significant cold/fire component on their own). you CAN use other quiver and replace Hatred with something else (like in my Lightning Coil + Purity of Lightning variant) but.. Signal Fire is really the strongest easily available quiver out there DPS-wise

so you wont get full benefit out of Lightning Pen because half of your damage is fire.. and you take generic Pen from the tree and Wise Oak anyway.

if you keep Signal Fire (or any other conversion source) youll convert your entire phys into ele, and no longer benefit from Rupture ascendancy. i havent done PoB to check options: more flat damage VS 'shock effect' multiplier but this is definitelly an option worth playing with

is there any particular reason why you want full-lightning? i understand you want to explore 'shock effect' scaling but is there anything more into that?

Hey,

can you unlock ur Characters so we can see what changes you made on your char? Thx

Also: I dont see where you would put your second Threshold Jewel by all means ... .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info