Syrian Situation

"
faerwin wrote:

Bomb the US? Japan attacked pearl harbor. What could Russia and China do if they wanted to?

A lot more than you'd think[/quote]

^ Not really. They'd get crushed in straight up open warfare. Doesn't mean we should go picking a fight with them either though. They are superpowers.

If it came down to the wire they could beat both..at the same time.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/could-america-win-war-against-russia-china-the-same-time-19305

"
Parting Shots:
The United States can still fight and win two major wars at the same time, or at least come near enough to winning that neither Russia nor China would see much hope in the gamble. The United States can do this because it continues to maintain the world’s most formidable military, and because it stands at the head of an extremely powerful military alliance.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 8, 2017, 7:25:16 PM
The USA could take over the entire planet if it wanted to.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Last edited by Wraeclastian on Apr 8, 2017, 8:01:41 PM
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

We could destroy it, yes. Control it, prolly not.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

In many ways, they already kinda did. Killing em softly
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 8, 2017, 8:36:18 PM
"

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

Bomb the US? Japan attacked pearl harbor. What could Russia and China do if they wanted to?

A lot more than you'd think

^ Not really. They'd get crushed in straight up open warfare. Doesn't mean we should go picking a fight with them either though. They are superpowers.

If it came down to the wire they could beat both..at the same time.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/could-america-win-war-against-russia-china-the-same-time-19305

"
Parting Shots:
The United States can still fight and win two major wars at the same time, or at least come near enough to winning that neither Russia nor China would see much hope in the gamble. The United States can do this because it continues to maintain the world’s most formidable military, and because it stands at the head of an extremely powerful military alliance.

Russia and China, together, would most likely annihilate the way the US lives. Think about it, China can block every single export to the US, which would cripple a ridiculously high amount the population because they need the cheap wares that comes from oversea. This would cause a very big inflation in the cost of living of every american citizen.

Then you have the military strength of both countries, which while they are not strong enough to invade, is plenty strong enough to defend. It's also much MUCH cheaper for them to replace military equipment and personnel.

In the long run, if China and Russia can withstand the war, they would most likely win by attrition. The USA would simply have an economic collapse.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Apr 8, 2017, 8:37:11 PM
Wrong, on just about everything. Do a little more research.

Either way, discussing it here feels like

Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 8, 2017, 8:47:10 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:

^I love these dudes that say people are wrong and don't say anything besides that. So convincing.

"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
We could destroy it, yes. Control it, prolly not.
This is why libertarianism will always win the war of ideas long-term, even if sometimes it is weak in particular battles. Control on a large scale is simply too expensive to maintain, therefore the best social structures do not bother trying to force people, but instead shape decision-making such that the invisible hand of Adam Smith directs rationally self-interested people towards acting in the group interest. The test is: would a psychopath do the morally correct thing here?

Of course, the mental error of anarcho-capitalism is the assumption that this invisible hand exists fully formed in nature, and that it needn't be created by social infrastructure.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 8, 2017, 10:46:04 PM
"
soneka101 wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

^I love these dudes that say people are wrong and don't say anything besides that. So convincing.

Then by all means discuss some facts.

The guy was going on about what he thinks would happen. I'm no expert i can't list all the reasons why Russia and China would lose off the top of my head, i thought the article i linked brought up some interesting points.

He skipped over all that and started talking about consumer goods(what?) but if you're interested just do a google search there's plenty there?
"
TheWretch wrote:
Then by all means discuss some facts.

The guy was going on about what he thinks would happen. I'm no expert i can't list all the reasons why Russia and China would lose off the top of my head, i thought the article i linked brought up some interesting points.

He skipped over all that and started talking about consumer goods(what?) but if you're interested just do a google search there's plenty there?

Giving that answer would have been better than the previous one.

"That is just speculation without any sources/facts to back it up"

Is more specific and beneficial to the conversation than:

"All is wrong, do some research"

When you do the later everybody will probably just end up scratching their heads without knowing what to look for.

--------

About the discussion, I've heard/read that China had the US by their economic balls (does that make sense?), But reading this article the opposite also seems to be true:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/05/trump-news-how-china-and-the-us-could-hurt-each-other-economically.html

About direct confrontation I don't understand any of that, my guess is that the first one to hit would win ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info