Not supported anymore

Hi, Rightous Fire is a Degeneration Skill and because of that it can not hit, meaning it can not Enable Elemental Equilibrium.
To Enable EE you need to have a Skill which does actually hit the Monster.
The Skills which do hit in our case are Blade Vortex with CwdT setup and Cyclone controlled by us.
Due RF being Fire Damage, we need to hit the Monster either with Cold or Lightning Damage.
To do so, you need to have somewhere at your Gear (Amu, Ring, Gloves) Adds # to # Cold/Lightning Damage.
When you have that, every Blade Vortex or Cyclone hit does Proc EE and does reduce the Fire Resistance by -50%

That is also the Reason why you never wanna have Adds # to # Fire Damage, because you would actually increase the Fire Resistance of the Monster by 25% then.
Lonewolf
Hi Twinks, your guide made me try RF. While I eventually settled on marauder, I do check back here very often to see any changes and or theory that might help me with my future gaming. I also tried to learn path of building as this is the first place i saw it mentioned and while I was kinda rusty at the start, I feel that I have gotten quite a handle on it now.

Cheers
Last edited by Armilliath on Jun 29, 2017, 5:14:28 PM
nice post. fun build. started leveling with RF at level 20. after lvl 40 it got way easy. but after lvl 70 it starts getting complicated.
You need currency to buy better gear.

Also realized your latest gear is like what 300ex???
nice stuff mate. so jealous. Barely made 80c trying to save for a 5-6 link Atziri. :)
@Armilliath
Thanks for your Post and telling me about a Mistake in my Path of Building Setups, appreciate it.

@cevdetarkun
Hi, normally it should become after 65 with the Shield easier than harder and yeah you need a bit of currency to make it decently working, would say at the moment ~ 40 Chaos due not much Players being online = less Items available. Hf and gl
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Jun 30, 2017, 2:36:07 PM
I'll totally play this when 3.0 goes live.

Thanks for the decent and very detailed build.
It's been ages (way before Ascendancy) since I've played an RF build, so thanks for this.
So RF burns for 40% of max life/es instead of 50%... a little nerf
"
thyraa wrote:
So RF burns for 40% of max life/es instead of 50%... a little nerf

Yeah, it is funny to see how people are going apeshit about it.

click for Reddit discussion

I said already weeks ago when the new damage calculation for Burning Damage came out, that there will be adjustments happening and if it would not be during Beta, it would have happened right after the first league.

Burning Damage has been already nerfed since then.
Now with the 40% instead of 50% RF Damage we will lose 20% base Damage.

As said in 3.0 section already, I will not do the exact Math as long there are changes possible.
But with the current informations RF will be still a bit stronger in 3.0 than it currently is.
In addition it will be easier than ever to sustain RF due the 1% Life Regeneraton from Oak and the Damage mitigation due Pantheon System. (Added to 3.0 section)

I find it funny though how people are reacting, because it was since release always the same behavior from GGG side :-)

Ps:That´s why you do not theorycraft with subject to change datas and why you should not play that stuff always right away in Betas.

Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Jul 5, 2017, 10:23:40 AM
Hey, how about a Trickster/Necromancer combo?
Personally I am not a fan of popping to many flasks and so I'm not a fan of the Pathfinder. Also the Inquisitor is nice but might pose some problems I think. (never played so just theorycrafting).

Necromancer seems to have some nice stuff for us:
- 20% skill duration for blade vortex, curses, immortal call.
- 30% more damage vs 25% of the Inq.
- 4% phys damage reduction
- 20% chaos resist (might prove useful).

The consecrated ground seems nice but it's situational...not to mention that our minor pantheon power requires us to be on the move.
Hi, yes Necromancer is a alternative in your case, all you mentioned does make sense.
I see the point in using it when you are not using Flasks frequently.
I for myself got used to press 2 3 4 5 when I just wanna use the Quicksilver, because it does not hurt and having the others always active is nice too. Due that Pathfinder is just really spot on for me.

I added Inquisitor as alternative to the Guide for people which are new to PoE/RF, because of the fast trash killing you do have plenty of consecrated ground around you which was back at 2.3 buffed to last 8 seconds, so you kinda have the permanent 4% Life Regeneration available when needed and that does make sustaining RF way easier. And yes you are right it is situational, but when you run a Sulphur Flask you can influence that a bit especially at Bosses which do have no or only a few trash monsters around.

I reworked the Ascendant part at the 3.0 section to make it more clear, thx.

Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Jul 8, 2017, 1:59:35 AM
You'll want to use a level 60 life flask, not 65 for any 66% reduced recover / Instant recovery flasks.

Both have use 15 charges out of 45 max per use - 3 uses

at 20% quality - 65 flask heals for 849; 60 flask heals for 979

edit: very nice guide

Last edited by Makivante on Jul 9, 2017, 12:42:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info