Not supported anymore

"
xevven wrote:
Also according to PoE Builder, this skill tree https://tinyurl.com/y8e8u6ja gives about 10% more dmg with current gear.

I think it depends on jewels u have, two GG jewels can give 70-80% increased dmg and 14% health, but otherwise it might be better to go for this 11 points in shadow path
Last edited by TurboDymoMan on Jul 13, 2017, 5:05:33 AM
As already said in the Guide, there are several ways for the Passivtree to run RF and they all have their pros and cons, but in the end they are all quiet similar (Holy Fire Cluster, Shadow Area, even Whispers of Doom does not make a huge Difference except paper wise.)
Do what you feel like.
I am trying to answer/respond to everyone and I like to see ideas from other people, but I do wanna prevent that every second post does consist out of a minimal changed Passiv Tree, that´s why I reworked that Section one more Time, with 3.0 it will change anyways a bit.
Thanks, gl & hf
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Jul 13, 2017, 9:13:06 AM
"
Twinks wrote:

I am trying to answer/respond to everyone and I like to see ideas from other people, but I do wanna prevent that every second post does consist out of a minimal changed Passiv Tree, that´s why I reworked that Section one more Time, with 3.0 it will change anyways a bit.
Thanks, gl & hf

Alright thanks man. Just wanted to point out that you can get unset rings with +3 to gems to put PoF in, so you dont need empower to get that level 23 Purity. Also for increased survivavility, you can link molten shell to CwDT and life leech. When it goes off you leech up + if you have a quality one the ignite is actualy alot of damage, even on map bosses.
A Level 3 Empower is not hard to get, also you are double dipping with the increased Vitality.
Getting an Unset with +3 and usefull stats is rare and obviously expensive + you lose the ~30 Base Life of the Coral.

The Molten Shell + LL is a old thing from ~2014 and barely anyone is using it anymore because it is not effective enough. It was good with Vaal Molten Shell inbefore they nerfed it.

Lonewolf
Love how detailed this guide is and how much you explain what is important. I am just waiting for 3.0 to come out and i am in the game again. I do feel you with "loner" i play alone to 99.9% as well. Just sometimes with my son but he is a hot head sometimes and just runs into shit and get us both killed, that's why i like to play alone and then i am the person how decide my death/life trip :)
hello, im russki and play POE first time. Can i start with your build and play with it on 3.0 patch?
"
MoM Summarize:Investment into mana does mean losing life, defense and/or damage

I'm playing my first RF character as a MoM Inquisitor right now in the Beta. I understand how speccing into mana/mana regen will lower your overall life pool, hence your damage. My initial thought was that I could make up the damage loss via items (Searing Touch, dual Doryani's, dual Pyre rings) since I don't need Rise of Phoenix, Koam's rings, Chieftain Ascendancy etc.

If I went "MoM RF", and I managed to get half the maximum life as a "Pure Life RF" and used all the same gems, the MoM variant would require 2x the total "increased damage" mods to achieve the same damage, right?

Again I don't know shit about RF builds, but I assume the trees are basically all life/regen, and that most of the damage comes from gems and items. If this is the case, shouldn't it be easy to get 2x "Increased damage" using the items I listed above?

I guess I have 2 specific questions for you:

How much HP/ES can you realistically end up with if you go pure Life-based or LL?

How much total "increased damage" do you realistically end up with?

Why do you get the frenzy charge in merc? Where are you getting the charges?
"
PolarBearGeGe wrote:
hello, im russki and play POE first time. Can i start with your build and play with it on 3.0 patch?

Yes you can, but I woul never suggest new players to do so.
Path of Exile is now over 5 years old and has plenty of mechanics and different Boss abilities and those you should learn / understand before you are using certain skills and Righteous Fire is one of those skills. I would recommend to play as a first build some Necromancer or Summon Raging Spirit (SRS) version due them not being gear dependent and being also really cheap in their basics.
Both do have minons / followers which will proveid you the time needed to read/learn/understand those game/boss mechanics and after you did that you will have way more fun with more in depth builds.

"
TorrentKing wrote:
Why do you get the frenzy charge in merc? Where are you getting the charges?

Blood Dance Boots for Frenzy, Red Dream for Endurance charges.

"
Path_Blazer wrote:
"
MoM Summarize:Investment into mana does mean losing life, defense and/or damage

I'm playing my first RF character as a MoM Inquisitor right now in the Beta. I understand how speccing into mana/mana regen will lower your overall life pool, hence your damage. My initial thought was that I could make up the damage loss via items (Searing Touch, dual Doryani's, dual Pyre rings) since I don't need Rise of Phoenix, Koam's rings, Chieftain Ascendancy etc.

If I went "MoM RF", and I managed to get half the maximum life as a "Pure Life RF" and used all the same gems, the MoM variant would require 2x the total "increased damage" mods to achieve the same damage, right?

Again I don't know shit about RF builds, but I assume the trees are basically all life/regen, and that most of the damage comes from gems and items. If this is the case, shouldn't it be easy to get 2x "Increased damage" using the items I listed above?

I guess I have 2 specific questions for you:

How much HP/ES can you realistically end up with if you go pure Life-based or LL?

How much total "increased damage" do you realistically end up with?

If MOM RF would be in some way vailable you would have seen by now some 3.0 Guides with a decent amount of replies. For now it is still just the same old crap with hyping shit up, theory crafting a bit and making really bad videos about it and all that because it is/was new/reworked.

Your basic RF damage is where all the calculations going towards, your basic RF damage is the burning damage of your max Life (now 50% with 3.0 40% <- that does also mean that that is not a 10% nerf it is a 20% nerf because it is a 1/5 of your max amount) so losing Life is in both directions the worst thing you can do (survivability and damage wise).

Saying a correct/max amount of Life or ES pool is always difficult because it is most of the time really gear depending, so do not take that 1:1.
Life: with that Version as a Scion ~ 8.500
Marauder with a other Version ~ 11.000
ES: Is hard for me to say due me not giving a crap about beta with possible changes, so I did no testing whatsoever and with recent ES changes it would be a random guess in the dark.

Download Path of Building, use that https://pastebin.com/vc5TM82e at the import section, go to the calcs section and you will see the increased and more damage values.
Total increased all: 276%, Total more all: 79%, Total increased Fire: 409%, Total more Fire: 109%.
Lonewolf
Thanks for the info man. I'm still gonna keep working with it because it's been pretty fun and I don't wanna re-roll RF again in the beta.

But your right. It might be an option for sustaining the burn early on, but it seems to have some serious problems. I think the mana regen will be really hard to sustain once you start to get higher HP levels. I haven't been able to pick up enough defences as I would like either. I'm not made of glass, but I don't feel as safe as I would like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info