[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

"
soogblablue wrote:
Will this build be any less effective in the future with double dipping changes? Or does that not even apply to the SRS minions?

The build doesn't really abuse or need poison, you can easily use minion speed/culling strike/elemental focus etc instead of poison scaling.

"
ironstove wrote:

I'm surprised you didn't get any nodes to increase the mana pool as I'd expect that you're losing all of your mana often if you are going life based and MOM. That was an issue I was constantly running into.

The build uses EB + MoM as it's using blood magic for SRS and ES instead of mana for skills, this way you can have all of your mana reserved for more damage while being able to run MoM without much investment in the tree.

I guess that weapon will be decent until you get the covenant as it is core for the build to work, the covenant only requires level 49 and using reverberation rod until then works perfectly fine. The covenant lets us reserve all mana as SRS on mana is not an issue anymore, and because we easily get 3.5k ES this allows us to run MoM + EB. The only issue with your build is that it doesn't have as much life + defense so it might not be as hardcore viable.

Cheers for your suggestions

JW, can you explain the interaction between having MOM + EB in your tree? I'm not entirely sure how the two interact in a beneficial way.

And say you're being pinned in a group of monsters, and you run out of ES, you would not have any means to cast an escape like flame dash correct?
"
JW, can you explain the interaction between having MOM + EB in your tree? I'm not entirely sure how the two interact in a beneficial way.

And say you're being pinned in a group of monsters, and you run out of ES, you would not have any means to cast an escape like flame dash correct?

While not having to worry about mana because SRS is now on blood magic, this gave us the option of reserving all of our mana for more damage via commander of darkness. As to why MoM+EB was picked over hybrid is because it is easy to get the MoM effectiveness with very high life without much investment. Hybrid would be better if you could easily get over 43% of your life as ES but then you would most likely have to invest more in aura reservation and ES nodes. I easily get 8k life at level 90 with decent gear and have over 600 life regeneration/s, at this point you can choose to go MoM+EB or hybrid, I tried both and much prefer MoM+EB as it felt better.

In situations where you are being pinned I have a quartz flask as shown in my gear section to move through packs.

TLDR; We reserve all mana for more auras, this leaves us with hybrid or MoM+EB option, the latter was easier to pull off because it only requires 5 points in the tree. If you went hybrid more aura reservation and ES nodes would be needed to compete for pure EHP.

Last edited by dupie on May 7, 2017, 11:44:08 PM
Sorry if my question wasn't clear, I meant how does mom work with EB? If your mana is basically at 0 and ES already absorbs 100% of damage before it goes to your life, what is the purpose of getting the point in mom?
"
ironstove wrote:
Sorry if my question wasn't clear, I meant how does mom work with EB? If your mana is basically at 0 and ES already absorbs 100% of damage before it goes to your life, what is the purpose of getting the point in mom?

So that we can reserve 99% of our mana for more damage + cast speed and still have the benefit of the 3-4k ES we would have without MoM. Also the MoM provides some mitigation to chaos damage which would bypass your ES if you went hybrid.

Your ES will act as mana if you take EB, which means MoM will subtract energy shield with each hit.

If you want to go hybrid you can but you won't have as many auras + you will need over 4k ES for it to be better than MoM.
Sorry, that might be a stupid question. But I saw your Video and besides the boots I almost have your suggested gear setup.

Now this is where I have a problem, BM reserves life instead of mana and sets mana to zero. What did I miss?

Now I'm 101% glasscannon as I have 200 life left :)

Anything in the passive tree I've missed?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Choo
"
Choobaca wrote:
Sorry, that might be a stupid question. But I saw your Video and besides the boots I almost have your suggested gear setup.

Now this is where I have a problem, BM reserves life instead of mana and sets mana to zero. What did I miss?

Now I'm 101% glasscannon as I have 200 life left :)

Anything in the passive tree I've missed?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Choo

Only gems in the chest piece have blood magic, check you have the new version of the covenant body armour. I am not quite sure why you have blood magic, did you check the passive tree?
So the old version says gems in socket, my version say you have BM.
so it won't work with the current covenant version :-(
Damn it, now I want to cry. Extremely lucky getting that 6-l covenant, now turns out to be useless <sob>

It seems that I might have an old version. Though I found it two days ago. But in an ancient reliquary...
Last edited by Choobaca on May 12, 2017, 7:45:45 AM
A question, can a guy fit a +2 +1 staff instead of the cutlass in this build?
Hi, new player here, how are you generating endurance charges for the immortal call?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info