[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

"
joachimbond wrote:
I think you underestimate the difficulty in capping resists while running such a unique-heavy build.

You might have capped res now, but after you get alberon's, monty's, ahn's, covenant, baron, and astramentis equipped, let's see how that works out. You'll be running 2 purities at least, and there goes hatred out the window.

at least with the previous mega-poison-zombie meta, we had shaper's touch gloves and geofri's sanctuary, giving us es regen (with a stone golem) AND zombie life leech.

of course, you could always depend on spirit offering to make up resists... it's pretty damn reliable, and gives about the same damage increase as flesh offering. If you've got ahn's heritage you don't need the speed as much.

defensively, I'm thinking of running blight/cwc/curse/desecrate (probably ele weakness, or enfeeble for tough bosses) to always have corpses at the ready for offerings.

Doesn't commander of darkness give +20 ele res per aura?
"
joachimbond wrote:
I think you underestimate the difficulty in capping resists while running such a unique-heavy build.

You might have capped res now, but after you get alberon's, monty's, ahn's, covenant, baron, and astramentis equipped, let's see how that works out. You'll be running 2 purities at least, and there goes hatred out the window.

at least with the previous mega-poison-zombie meta, we had shaper's touch gloves and geofri's sanctuary, giving us es regen (with a stone golem) AND zombie life leech.

of course, you could always depend on spirit offering to make up resists... it's pretty damn reliable, and gives about the same damage increase as flesh offering. If you've got ahn's heritage you don't need the speed as much.

defensively, I'm thinking of running blight/cwc/curse/desecrate (probably ele weakness, or enfeeble for tough bosses) to always have corpses at the ready for offerings.

I have all my resists capped in beta after 1 week with astramentis, alberons, montys, ahns, covenant, baron, I am only missing efficient training(need a few more jewel slots) to get my strength over 1k. The build doesn't require all of the items to function, that is an example of what you want to aim for. Not quite sure how you are thinking its impossible to get all of the resists with topaz/sapphires/ruby equipped with all of the items that are not even needed but are an example of end gear.

We get 48% fire, 40% cold, 40% lightning for free with tree+ascendancy.

Let's see,

Topaz ring = 30%
Sapphire = 30%

48% fire, 70% cold, 70% lightning.

We have 8 suffix(4 rares) free to make up 87% fire, 65% cold, 65% lightning.

3/8 suffix have fire res
2/8 suffix with lightning res
2/8 suffix with cold res
1/8 all resist

No triple res needed on anything, hardly difficult to cap with MAX gear equipped, swap out boots and it's even easier, 1k strength is not even needed.
Last edited by dupie on Jul 16, 2017, 3:52:37 AM
"
corrozu wrote:

Doesn't commander of darkness give +20 ele res per aura?

Doesn't stack, you only get the +20% while you have any amount of auras active.
Last edited by dupie on Jul 16, 2017, 1:28:37 AM
Good afternoon. I apologize in advance for my English. Why would this build not to use the "Lycosidae" instead of "Ahn''s Heritage" and the ability "Necromantic aegis"? This will give the opportunity to remove 2 stones "Additional Accuracy" for zombie and srs and 2 gems Fragility. In General build is very good, now try it in beta to implement. Thanks to the author!
"
Ferraman wrote:
Good afternoon. I apologize in advance for my English. Why would this build not to use the "Lycosidae" instead of "Ahn''s Heritage" and the ability "Necromantic aegis"? This will give the opportunity to remove 2 stones "Additional Accuracy" for zombie and srs and 2 gems Fragility. In General build is very good, now try it in beta to implement. Thanks to the author!

Necro aegis is generally out of the way. it costs too many points to get to (usually about 6 +). It is very awkward to fit into a life build and actively discouraged in es builds that focus on personal survival. EHP is everything and at the end of the day .. NA makes a dead gear slot that could have life/es on it

ahns is for the cast speed and move speed for you the player as well as the over capped resists. over capped resists are very hard to get in the game as it stands.
Thanks for this terrible build. Dying regullarly once per map
"
Inferius90 wrote:
Thanks for this terrible build. Dying regullarly once per map

Tried and tested up to t15 in hardcore without any problems if you are referring to the 2.6 guide. But clearly you don't want any help so I thank you for your feedback.
Hi Dupie and thanks for this guide !
I'm coming to you in order to have some informations regarding your build.
I have a lvl 86 pathfinder on legacy league, it's my first I'm a beginner, and would like to play your build on 3.0.

1) what would be the lvling of the passive tree ? i would go for Death attunement, Sovereignity, sanctity and then the EE branch is it good ?

2) Do you use srs asap you can or do you lvl with another skill gem ?

3) What is your choice for bandits ?

4) How do you craft your +20% gems ? do you lvl20 + Gcp + shop receipe and relvl them to lvl 20 ? or buy them at 20% or buy 20 Gcp ?

5)Why you dont use Empower anymore ?

Thx for all !
I experimented a bit with this build, I decided to take Vaal Pact and keep the same resistance.
pros: SRS damage +30%, Zombie damage +63%, instant lifesteal.
cons: -8% hp.
If you're interested, here is a link to a build https://pastebin.com/nGyCcRr1

If 6 link zombie then SRS damage -6%, Zombie damage +120% (~241k)
https://pastebin.com/Ur9NcGT4
Last edited by Ferraman on Jul 20, 2017, 6:04:09 AM
"
zazao wrote:
Hi Dupie and thanks for this guide !
I'm coming to you in order to have some informations regarding your build.
I have a lvl 86 pathfinder on legacy league, it's my first I'm a beginner, and would like to play your build on 3.0.

1) what would be the lvling of the passive tree ? i would go for Death attunement, Sovereignity, sanctity and then the EE branch is it good ?

2) Do you use srs asap you can or do you lvl with another skill gem ?

3) What is your choice for bandits ?

4) How do you craft your +20% gems ? do you lvl20 + Gcp + shop receipe and relvl them to lvl 20 ? or buy them at 20% or buy 20 Gcp ?

5)Why you dont use Empower anymore ?

Thx for all !

Hi zazao, I will be releasing the full guide before 3.0 is out that will address all of your questions.

In short,

1. Focus on all the life node paths and grab minion damage early as they are close. I will have leveling trees up closer to release.

2. I leveled with SRS/Zombies from level 4, it was super easy even without any gear.

3. Kill all bandits for the extra passive points.

4. When a league starts I usually buy % gems during the first few days and put them in my weapon swap and level them up, normally I would buy at least 5 SRS with quality for a couple chaos each and level to 20/20 and vaal for hopes to get 21 SRS. After that I will do the recipe with lvl 20 gems and re-level the most important ones first.

5. Empower just isn't worth it any more, if you do the math having additional accuracy and your SRS missing a lot less especially on higher content is just as good as an empower 4, costing nothing. Empower is only worth it if you plan to use a +2+1 build with a staff or bow etc.

I will cover the build in much greater detail before 3.0 release, cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info