[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

"
sergarus wrote:
1 question , can't understand how Additional Accuracy work with SRS ?
is realy spell can miss?

Hmmm SRS are not a spell.

This is something people misunderstand alot.

minions are not spells.

The spell summon zombie etc has two parts. the casting part ie summoning them.. which is a spell and can be effected by modifiers like cast speed .. and the resulting minion which becomes a separate entity.

so while you cant miss with the act of casting an srs .. the resulting srs is just a normal mob like the creatures you massacre in the billions.

not only that all non spell caster minions have a low accuracy rating .. rule of thumb their chance to hit is only about 60ish % so things like hits cant be evaded or the accuracy gem are infact hidden 30 -40% more multis for minions
1 more question
how is realy Elemental Equilibrium Work with SRS ?
"
sergarus wrote:
1 more question

Added fire damage + Hatred giving you a massive elemental damage and while you casting ball lightning it's easy to make it hits for better damage. Technically work well...

Some thoughts about this build:
-Tested both on beta and current sc. Work well. Very easy and relative good clear speed up to T15. Atziri is very easy with it. Guardians are annoying but possible to finish it.
-If zombies would be a bit smarter than it would be a lovely build. If zombies hit into a pack than that pack is dead. The only problem is that you can't stack any MF and the core items are very binded.

I recommend to use it for those who love minions and want a easy and safe build!

Enjoyed to play this build! Thank you.
"
Dexter108 wrote:
"
sergarus wrote:
1 more question

Added fire damage + Hatred giving you a massive elemental damage and while you casting ball lightning it's easy to make it hits for better damage. Technically work well...

-Tested both on beta and current sc. Work well. Very easy and relative good clear speed up to T15. Atziri is very easy with it. Guardians are annoying but possible to finish it.
-If zombies would be a bit smarter than it would be a lovely build. If zombies hit into a pack than that pack is dead. The only problem is that you can't stack any MF and the core items are very binded.

I recommend to use it for those who love minions and want a easy and safe build!

Imo Zombie need same jewel as Golem dude for Agro mode
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
"
Besovskii wrote:
"
Dexter108 wrote:
"
sergarus wrote:
1 more question

Imo Zombie need same jewel as Golem dude for Agro mode

would be nice ))
good build for 2 week race?
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

not only that all non spell caster minions have a low accuracy rating .. rule of thumb their chance to hit is only about 60ish % so things like hits cant be evaded or the accuracy gem are infact hidden 30 -40% more multis for minions

Hits can't be evaded only work with hits done with that weapon, no? It's local, just like +% physical damage on a wand, isn't it?

(edit: never mind. You obviously meant "hits can't be evaded" using Lycosidae and Necro Aegis)

My beef with this build is simply:

Yeah, you just try and get all the resists you need with all those damn uniques you're stuck using. I have BIS rings on both hands in my standard league Monty Zombie Baron setup. I cannot find better rings at any price. That's in standard. You know, the league that's had YEARS to build up great items for sale in people's stashes.

You try and build this in a temp league and you're looking at a 30-exalt build. Kinda defeats the purpose of going SRS (cheap and easy to gear), doesn't it?
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on Jul 15, 2017, 12:40:01 AM
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Hits can't be evaded only work with hits done with that weapon, no? It's local, just like +% physical damage on a wand, isn't it?

(edit: never mind. You obviously meant "hits can't be evaded" using Lycosidae and Necro Aegis)

My beef with this build is simply:

Yeah, you just try and get all the resists you need with all those damn uniques you're stuck using. I have BIS rings on both hands in my standard league Monty Zombie Baron setup. I cannot find better rings at any price. That's in standard. You know, the league that's had YEARS to build up great items for sale in people's stashes.

You try and build this in a temp league and you're looking at a 30-exalt build. Kinda defeats the purpose of going SRS (cheap and easy to gear), doesn't it?

I've got over 900 strength and all items within a week of beta playing ~5 hours a day? You don't even need high strength, there is much less people playing in beta and a lot more people playing life so gear is hard to get on beta.

As for rings, just buy topaz/sapphire/ruby and alt until you get t1 strength, and just hit 1 more resist and that's all you need to craft a decent ring, you don't need t1 life on rings. Cost me 5-10c to craft my own rings.

Astramentis is 80-90c atm, again not many of them because of beta. Only big buy and it's not even needed until you want 900 strength for 5 zombies and to run max level auras.

Dual res gloves with strength ~10c

Belt with dual res and 65+ strength are literally 1c on poe.trade right now with mid life rolls.

Alberon's with 18% ~5c, you don't even need these until you have astramentis, stick with rares with resist until then.

Mon'tregul's 2c or just use aurumvorax until res can be capped.

4 link covenant, around 3-5c, should be your first buy. Only core item needed.

The baron is around 10c, should be your second buy.

Use any shield until you have dual fragility for QoL with ahn's heritage.

Using a 4L covenant, mon'tregul's and a baron with no other core uniques I was doing t9 maps easily, I had over 5k life with res cap using crappy rares on a 4l until I could start upgrading 1 at a time. I crafted my own rings while running maps, and started buying upgrades 1 at a time using the chaos recipe and random drops, had no problems buying everything the build needed within a week, waiting on efficient training and I will have over 1k strength.

Last edited by dupie on Jul 15, 2017, 1:13:46 AM
What gems to use in 2.6 build for 5link with/out sword?
I think you underestimate the difficulty in capping resists while running such a unique-heavy build.

You might have capped res now, but after you get alberon's, monty's, ahn's, covenant, baron, and astramentis equipped, let's see how that works out. You'll be running 2 purities at least, and there goes hatred out the window.

at least with the previous mega-poison-zombie meta, we had shaper's touch gloves and geofri's sanctuary, giving us es regen (with a stone golem) AND zombie life leech.

of course, you could always depend on spirit offering to make up resists... it's pretty damn reliable, and gives about the same damage increase as flesh offering. If you've got ahn's heritage you don't need the speed as much.

defensively, I'm thinking of running blight/cwc/curse/desecrate (probably ele weakness, or enfeeble for tough bosses) to always have corpses at the ready for offerings.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info