[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
Firststreet wrote:
"
eXpo_0 wrote:
Please tell me about Immortal Call, how it works without endurance charges and is it worth it to add a way to get them?

I was wondering this too and asked a question about it, but I don't think I made my question clear enough. There is no way to generate the charges without the Daresso chest piece, but it is not a "required" item.

Here's a post from him awhile back!
"
KorgothBG wrote:

Immortal Call works with or without endurance charges. Without any (and that's the case here) the duration is very short but it's more than enough for what it is used here - as a method to comabt porcupines.
"
Tnec wrote:
"
Firststreet wrote:
"
eXpo_0 wrote:
Please tell me about Immortal Call, how it works without endurance charges and is it worth it to add a way to get them?

I was wondering this too and asked a question about it, but I don't think I made my question clear enough. There is no way to generate the charges without the Daresso chest piece, but it is not a "required" item.

Here's a post from him awhile back!
"
KorgothBG wrote:

Immortal Call works with or without endurance charges. Without any (and that's the case here) the duration is very short but it's more than enough for what it is used here - as a method to comabt porcupines.

Ahh, thank you very much!
I'm sorry to say this, but I think you need to cover how important resists/life is. My friend is constantly getting wiped with this build. I don't blame you, but he doesn't seem to be getting that you must have resists capped before going to maps.

He also is using far too many of your uniques for suggestions. Individually, they are great, but using too many uniques is counterproductive. I would suggest to provide a limitation on how many uniques too use or at least cover life/resists coverage more in depth.

@Slicer9875

Well ... here are some quotes from the guide

On resists:

in the skill tree section
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I should mention that the proposed skill trees barely give any elemental resistances because it isn't that hard to cap them without spending passives. With that said please remember that you MUST cap your resistances! If needed spend passive points to achieve that! There are plenty of great resistance passives (such as Diamond Skin, Sentinel and the passives behind them, Cloth and Chain is another excellent option) don't be afraid to use them if needed!

in the leveling section (some final words and tips)
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Never forget that your elemental resistances are extremely important!

as for life i've always considered that it is a common knowledge that life is important...

but still the very fist sentence in the passive skill tree section is :

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Basically the most important things are - increased maximum life

and of course the importance of life when it comes to your gear is implied given that every rare piece of gear that you should wear start with "... with life" (i.e. "A rare belt with high amounts of life", "Rare rings with life", "Of course using rare gloves with life", "You want a rare amulet with life" and so on)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 4, 2017, 10:50:06 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Slicer9875

Well ... here are some quotes from the guide

On resists:

in the skill tree section
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I should mention that the proposed skill trees barely give any elemental resistances because it isn't that hard to cap them without spending passives. With that said please remember that you MUST cap your resistances! If needed spend passive points to achieve that! There are plenty of great resistance passives (such as Diamond Skin, Sentinel and the passives behind them, Cloth and Chain is another excellent option) don't be afraid to use them if needed!

in the leveling section (some final words and tips)
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Never forget that your elemental resistances are extremely important!

as for life i've always considered that it is a common knowledge that life is important...

but still the very fist sentence in the passive skill tree section is :

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Basically the most important things are - increased maximum life

and of course the importance of life when it comes to your gear is implied given that every rare piece of gear that you should wear start with "... with life" (i.e. "A rare belt with high amounts of life", "Rare rings with life", "Of course using rare gloves with life", "You want a rare amulet with life" and so on)

Yeah, sorry I missed that. I am definitely telling my friend to read the guide on those sections, that should help him out considerably particularly the last comment at the end of the guide.
after doing this build I can say it is very underwhelming even with acquity.

There is a lot of difficulty in staying alive from phys dmg such as the adds on chimera. 6.4k HP with capped resists and I want to reroll.

when it comes down to bosses guardians/shaper where ur accuracy takes a big hit flicker loses it's shine. With that said I now think it's always better to keep a flicker setup as your non main. Ideally you should roll a char to use 2h cyclone or lacerate and keep a 5L flicker for the trash.

Last edited by gimmeitam on Sep 5, 2017, 11:48:07 AM
"
gimmeitam wrote:
after doing this build I can say it is very underwhelming even with acquity.

There is a lot of difficulty in staying alive from phys dmg such as the adds on chimera. 6.4k HP with capped resists and I want to reroll.

when it comes down to bosses guardians/shaper where ur accuracy takes a big hit flicker loses it's shine. With that said I now think it's always better to keep a flicker setup as your non main. Ideally you should roll a char to use 2h cyclone or lacerate and keep a 5L flicker for the trash.

Your passive tree, ascendencies, and flasks are not very similar to the guide, so did you respec or are you just using his guide as a template? Also, you should really go for a 6l terminus first! I'm loving the build. Perhaps try to use viper strike instead of flicker vs certain bosses you are struggling with if you haven't already. I do agree with the phys aspect though, the key is just preventing those 1 shots so you can leech back to full health.

Also, does anyone have any advice on this question I have below?

I'm trying to decide if I should use overwhelm or endless hunger, now that I have acuity. Any suggestions?
Last edited by alphamule on Sep 5, 2017, 3:39:07 PM
Really curious at how OP got 30k damage with only self buffs. At my max without any flasks i only reach about 16k. Granted im not as high level but i think my gear is close enough that what im missing compared with OP's character doesn't account for 14k missing damage.

Last edited by Senai on Sep 6, 2017, 1:16:44 AM
"
Senai wrote:
Really curious at how OP got 30k damage with only self buffs. At my max without any flasks i only reach about 16k. Granted im not as high level but i think my gear is close enough that what im missing compared with OP's character doesn't account for 14k missing damage.

Show your gear pls
How many frenzy charges do u have?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info