[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
Redemption91 wrote:
Is the Watcher's Eye necessary? I'm not quite sure what i'm looking at on that jewel that would deem it better than another jewel with max life % res and as.
Please let me know, thank you very much. :)

Is it doable? Yes, this jewel does not make or break this build, but the conversion of physical damage to lightning - your weakest mitigation to one of your strongest - I would be hesitant to not use this jewel. As a note I have this as an implicit and +2 curse on my shield (double corrupt). The absolute ONLY thing that could kill me was physical damage... Then I got phys to lightning in two areas. It doesn't happen anymore.

I would however argue that your best bet is to get phys to fire, not lightning as your fire mitigation is potentially your highest resist.

"
VeloxAxo wrote:
What are your opinions on using Gluttony to trigger endurance charge generation and more LGoH/MGoH? I picked one up while leveling and it feels incredibly powerful so far.

I would not further cripple your weakest mitigation. In, you lose out on 20% attack and move speed and cold resist. In my opinion you're better off with a CDR belt if you're not using perseverance and socketing onslaught support into your armor

Last edited by CanisVY on Jan 7, 2019, 5:31:09 PM
"
Redemption91 wrote:
Is the Watcher's Eye necessary? I'm not quite sure what i'm looking at on that jewel that would deem it better than another jewel with max life % res and as.
Please let me know, thank you very much. :)

convert a part of physical damage (where we're around ~45% mitigation) to elemental damage (where our resists are ~83%). Without that, any combination of mods mentioned in Ricos initial post will be better.

If I'm not wrong, I'm pretty new to this build. :)
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
Did all content with this build on Inquisitor the last league, was one of my favorite builds.

This league I've made two life-based characters and I get destroyed by T16 Syndicates and Temple Constructs. Does this build get one-shot by chaos damage too?

I find getting Chaos Resistance to be a pain in the ass.
livejamie
Guys (and lassies), help me out, I've got another two questions. And bare with me that I didn't read all 260 pages intensely - congrats to and thanks for the immense contribution and development over time in here! If so, please point me to the page where the info is...!

(1)
Any reason not to use the Vaal versions of Cyclone and Purity of XXX? Yes, Vaal Cyclone can be tricky. You won't move. And you won't be able to move, even if you want to, as well. But it seems to be very funny that your hits can't be evaded; so as long as you don't try to do this with end-game bosses, it's very cozy to press just one button and see the boss/architect/... dying. For the purities, it's not a big benefit, but additionally reducing the damage by 25% and ignoring the opponents resistances to fire/lightning for 3 seconds is a small bonus. And it's not like our spell bar is overloaded...?

(2)
At level 93, I'd now put the recent and the following 2 passives into Berserking. But - as to the char info and with some nice jewels, I'm already at 6.4 cyclone APS...
So the options I see are:
(a) increase Cyclone APS even more - but according to the guide, I guess that sounds like a waste of 3 valuable passives.
(b) spend three points in Berserking and free up one jewel socket (is that a deal? please read further).
(c) skip Berserking and use the passives otherwise.

Which brings my to my next and final question: what further passives to go for when you're at that point? And I know, there's no black-and-white answer to that... options I see are (numbers tell how many passive points will be needed):

Might (1)
- 30 strength will result in 15 base life, and a small bonus to Iron Will and Vengeance.

Life (1) [next to Cruel Preparation]
Life and Elemental Resistances (1) [next to Barbarism]
Life and Armour (1) [next to Juggernaut]
- obvious choices for an even more stable build?

Faith and Steel (1)
- 20% Armour and 8% all elemental resists could be reached with just one point due to Intuitive Leap

Divine Fervour (1)
- 10 STR & 10 INT is not overwhelming; but... do "damage with weapons penetrate 3% elemental resists" and "24% increased elemental damage with attack skills" apply to Discharge? If so, that might a nice bonus package...

Precision (2)
- 20 DEX, 6% attack speed, 3% movement and 30% global accuracy (making a nice contribution to our Undeniable ascendancy?)

Path of the Warrior (1)
- 20 STR and 10 base Armour - see Might; but wouldn't be on my to-buy list. But maybe I'm missing something, you never know...

Deep Wisdom (1)
- forget about Energy Shield, but currently I need to have +INT on 1-2 jewels. Would free up space for other jewel mods PLUS giving a welcome enhancement to base mana...

Sentinel (2)
- 10 STR, 24% Armour and Evasion, 10% all elemental resists. None of them alone is worth it, but the combination of them doesn't sound too bad...

Jewel Socket (3) [near Shaper]
- our only realistic chance to get one more jewel socket. Either with 0.7 life regeneration or 16% increased maximum mana, both not very impressive as we don't really need more life reg nor that a percentual increase will help us a lot with three auras up and running... but another jewel with 16% spell damage with shield, 12% spell damage, 7% life, ... definitely would. Pick your choice as it's flexible. And with a really good jewel, you'll get more than with the three points in Berserking...

Damn luxury decisions, once you're so far...

PS: again, please bare with me if that was already answered / discussed before. I'm just trying to contribute and learn. :)
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
"

"
VeloxAxo wrote:
What are your opinions on using Gluttony to trigger endurance charge generation and more LGoH/MGoH? I picked one up while leveling and it feels incredibly powerful so far.

I would not further cripple your weakest mitigation. In, you lose out on 20% attack and move speed and cold resist. In my opinion you're better off with a CDR belt if you're not using perseverance and socketing onslaught support into your armor

I should mention that guttony counts as being hit, and thus you will have max endurance charges every time you cyclone as well as 100% uptime on immortal call. The self damage is then migated by immortal call and thus gained as regen (in theory; I'm at level 64) You can also rely on the endurance charges for their resistances as you're generating them by moving.
Hi hi I love your build, just started to use it today and Im already wow.... so cheap and so tanky.

Can you check my build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DarkChuky/characters
I want recommendation on what to add after lvl 95 and also how to enhance damage (wants to be a little faster).

My gems are still under lvl 20, but tomorrow they will be.

At this moment I added more Life and Armos, and Im on the path to add a nother Jewel slot also adding some life regeneration.

(I forgot to change gear but I have a different ring with Fire damage and I also swicth a jewel with more life and speed, but when I want to add some MF I put this ring and change that jewel for one with Fire damage)
"
VeloxAxo wrote:
"

"
VeloxAxo wrote:

I should mention that guttony counts as being hit, and thus you will have max endurance charges every time you cyclone as well as 100% uptime on immortal call. The self damage is then migated by immortal call and thus gained as regen (in theory; I'm at level 64) You can also rely on the endurance charges for their resistances as you're generating them by moving.

The Lgoh/Mgoh part you can basically forget vs Shaper/Guardian. 20% out of 34 LGOH is 7 life per hit. Even with 12 hits it is so low that you can ignore it. And I would take 20% movement, 20% attack speed and 10k armour over 30% chance to gain endurance charge when I use Cyclone. You have plenty charge generation mechanics without it.

@Rhajiid if u have enough attack speed than go for jewel socket.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
@ricoKGB thanks, that does make sense now
Hi. How exactly works Additional Accuracy in Cyclone 6L ? I got 6L Kingsguard, but burned like 600 chromes and ended up with 3R2G1B, so I have to replace Add. Accuracy with probably Inc AoE. Is it a big issue to not have this? Should I get Lycosidae shield (cannot be evaded) instead of Saffels? Thanks.
"
lakyljuk wrote:
Hi. How exactly works Additional Accuracy in Cyclone 6L ? I got 6L Kingsguard, but burned like 600 chromes and ended up with 3R2G1B, so I have to replace Add. Accuracy with probably Inc AoE. Is it a big issue to not have this? Should I get Lycosidae shield (cannot be evaded) instead of Saffels? Thanks.

Accuracy with Juggernaut is also attack speed. So it helps to reach desired number of triggers per sec. Lycosidae is wasted with this build as it has plenty of accuracy on its own.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jan 10, 2019, 1:32:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info