[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

http://poe-profile.info/profile/Topheavy85

Thank you. Looks great! And im having fun with the build in HCB. Anything i can do to make tankier? ImmSyn sometimes takes me down to 10% really scary. Dont have voll devotion or watchers eye yet.
EDIT: Was just impatient, sorry for the dumb question. Loving the build!
Last edited by Mason1230 on Jan 2, 2019, 7:10:51 PM
How do you deal with the visual noise. I have trouble seeing shaper's beam wind up. =\
Let me thank you for your excellent and detailed work first!

"
RicoKGB wrote:
After that you can do whatever map you want :)

Well, maybe any map, but not any mod?

My gear is now complete (except some luxury upgrades) and the build basically works like a charm.

Nevertheless, I was quite surprised being killed in one map within seconds though I thought I had selected the mods not to be too hard for my casual playstyle.

Finally, I found out that I was killing myself with "monsters reflect 15% elemental damage" though my resists already were at 83/82/82; so it seems that 15% reflection, reduced by ~80% resists, resulting in 3% of my damage output hitting me back were killing me pretty fast even with 6k HP and Kingsguard.

Might be obvious after you encounter it, but might also be worth mentioning in the guide - if I didn't make some mistake?

And what other mods should one avoid? At the moment, I'm trying to select them not including "players cannot regenerate" and "monsters have incresased elemental resists".
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
"
Rhajiid wrote:
Let me thank you for your excellent and detailed work first!

"
RicoKGB wrote:
After that you can do whatever map you want :)

Well, maybe any map, but not any mod?

My gear is now complete (except some luxury upgrades) and the build basically works like a charm.

Nevertheless, I was quite surprised being killed in one map within seconds though I thought I had selected the mods not to be too hard for my casual playstyle.

Finally, I found out that I was killing myself with "monsters reflect 15% elemental damage" though my resists already were at 83/82/82; so it seems that 15% reflection, reduced by ~80% resists, resulting in 3% of my damage output hitting me back were killing me pretty fast even with 6k HP and Kingsguard.

Might be obvious after you encounter it, but might also be worth mentioning in the guide - if I didn't make some mistake?

And what other mods should one avoid? At the moment, I'm trying to select them not including "players cannot regenerate" and "monsters have incresased elemental resists".

Just reroll/sell maps with elemental reflect. it is impossible against reflect packs with this build.
So I'm really itching to play Cyclone again as i miss spinning. Ngamahu's Flame as Chieftain just didnt do it for me, felt too squishy. I'm running Tectonic Slam atm and it feels good except it feels slow movement wise. I've seen a few vids of boss kills and it seemed to take a bit to down bosses so I'm guessing the down side to this build is that single target DPS is lacking severely?
im curious if these gloves could work the build like add frenzy charge spending? since i dont think there gonna be worth anything

Last edited by madjayy on Jan 4, 2019, 12:29:16 AM
Absolutely loving this build. I've played rangers for years, and finally decided dying is no longer fun.

I have a couple of questions/suggestions for you though (one of which I just answered by reading about Arcane Surge. I'm dumb)

1. Level 95 Final Skill Tree
Spoiler
I think in the OP, the "level 95 final skill tree" is meant to be 94. I am currently 90 and 4 points away from reaching this skill tree.

2. Bandit Change
Spoiler
It may be better to get Kraityn for the 6% attack speed, 3% dodge and 6% movement speed. Your thoughts?

As far as I can tell, maxing this character out to level 100 will be essentially useless having the extra skill points when the extra attack speed frees up jewel room for additional damage percentages, as well as giving the extra defense and movement. At level 94, the given passive skill tree from the OP would be completed with Kraityn, Leaving us an additional 6 skill points to use. What is your opinion on the better options?

Option 1.

1 point - 8% Armor and 4% Life to the left of Juggernaut
1 point - 3% Resist and 4% Life above Barbarism
1 point - 5% Life above Cruel Preparation
3 Points - 36% Increased Elemental Damage and 10% reducted reflected elemental damage taken - Ash Frost and Storm

Option 2.

Pick your favorite 2 1 point passives above.
4 Points - 10 Int, 12% increased elemental damage, 1 Jewel socket - Above Might, +30 strangth

I believe I understand this in this game there are no attack speed breakpoints like Diablo 2 had. At this given rate of attack speed the damage increase from 36% increased elemental damage should be exponentially higher than 12% and a jewel.

Movement speed really seems to give cyclone much more overall control and efficiency, which further pushes me into wanting to take Kraityn. I cannot find a use for 2 skill points that would make me want to forgo 6% attack speed and movement speed (the evasion is just a kicker). If we could get 30 more strength and int, I would deeply consider freeing up a couple of jewel mods just to have that 30/30.

Would you be interested in me sending you a reformatted OP to make it a bit more organized? I find it can be a little difficult to find things and I would be more than happy to take time to rearrange it a bit and send you a post to work with.

You have a LOT more experience with how this build works and likely how game mechanics work. What is your thought?
Last edited by CanisVY on Jan 7, 2019, 10:12:48 PM
Is the Watcher's Eye necessary? I'm not quite sure what i'm looking at on that jewel that would deem it better than another jewel with max life % res and as.
Please let me know, thank you very much. :)
What are your opinions on using Gluttony to trigger endurance charge generation and more LGoH/MGoH? I picked one up while leveling and it feels incredibly powerful so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info