[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
jhonnyot wrote:

Hey man yeah definitely get more es. Get a 420es+ helm, go ahead and just use a doryani as your weapon as it's cheap and better than that wand. Get well rolled one. Get the ES nodes by witch. Belt is great. Really need that level 20 purity of fire too.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Hey Ahfack.

I am going to be testing this in beta, and then starting it in 3.0. I know it is impossible to know the changes, but I wanted to see your thoughts on having enough es /es regen to continue RF for 3.0 after nerfs. It looks to be hitting CI primarily, but LL might have some troubles too. Thoughts?

I will be working closely with your guide to run with a friend. Appreciate all the work and math you have put into this!

_Sifu
"
ITry4humility wrote:
Hey Ahfack.

I am going to be testing this in beta, and then starting it in 3.0. I know it is impossible to know the changes, but I wanted to see your thoughts on having enough es /es regen to continue RF for 3.0 after nerfs. It looks to be hitting CI primarily, but LL might have some troubles too. Thoughts?

I will be working closely with your guide to run with a friend. Appreciate all the work and math you have put into this!

_Sifu

Hey man, glad you'll be giving this a whirl. Keep us updated in the thread here with your adventures and any write-ups are greatly appreciated. Here are my thoughts on nerfs for us, from merely a predictive perspective, given what we know at the moment (but do keep in mind things can still change):

1. Shavs will be 150% max instead of 200% max
2. No ES% on rings
3. Base ES on gear will be nerfed

Okay, so this means a few things for us:

1. ES% on jewels are MANDATORY - this is going to be very important
2. ALL gear must have int (for es%)/flat life/flat es on it, crystal belt with essence int, rings with int, helm with int etc... etc...
3. Hybrid life/es hubris helms will be pretty great since the es%hybrid roll won't really be worth the trouble. Even master crafted life would be good, but the int suffix will be priority. Gotta squeeze flat es/flat life/es% however you can

Typically 3xt1 prefix helms like this are pretty cheap (in comparison to 3xt1 es helms). Got this one I'll craft on in 3.0 for about 2ex in legacy:

(Ignore suffixes)

But there are a few things we can do to counteract the ES nerf. We can spec a bit more defensively since both RF and SR will be buffed significantly due to "Increased Burning Damage" becoming a MORE modifier instead of a increased modifier (this will take the place of iron will)

However for endgame, using essence 30more/55int gloves are a must:

(ignore prefixes)

I'll be finishing these in standard in between league ending/3.0 starting.

Those are my first impressions

edit: Oh yeah, maybe high es/life boots instead of death's doors, but I just really like death doors because you don't want any other sources of DoT (like bleed) to take you by surprise, and it saves you a flask slot. Just depends how it plays. You'll definitely still need the 5% leo rdot mod, and the pantheon rdot mod. a +3 unset for PoF:

Or at least a weapon like this for PoF is a must:

(I used this in LHC, got it for like 5c)
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 12, 2017, 12:13:07 AM
I dont see the tree changing too terribly much, but that will have alot to do with 3.0. I was already really stressing the currency I would be pooring into es for this char, but as my mate is running a invinc stun jugg, I will have an easier time dealing with consistant damage.

I havent even looked at the hybrid rolls on ES changes, or if there are any. I assume you are recommending the +life rolls because of the 20% from Chayula? With all the changes to ES I am thinking there will be a great deal less people crafting ES gear to cash in, so I will probably be doing my own crafting in 3.0.

+3 socket on an unset is amazing, that +1 Fire Resist is huge, and I dont understand why I dont see it more on other RF builds. I will be starting this in Beta today with my mate, should be to maps by late tonight. Will keep updating here for anyone elses interest! Probably leveling as SR + CwC Firestorm. Strong without investment so I can get solid into RF right at 65. That MORE modifier on burning is just WAY TOO JUICY not to invest into defenses. Early izaro inc?? :)

_Sifu
"
ITry4humility wrote:
I dont see the tree changing too terribly much, but that will have alot to do with 3.0. I was already really stressing the currency I would be pooring into es for this char, but as my mate is running a invinc stun jugg, I will have an easier time dealing with consistant damage.

I havent even looked at the hybrid rolls on ES changes, or if there are any. I assume you are recommending the +life rolls because of the 20% from Chayula? With all the changes to ES I am thinking there will be a great deal less people crafting ES gear to cash in, so I will probably be doing my own crafting in 3.0.

+3 socket on an unset is amazing, that +1 Fire Resist is huge, and I dont understand why I dont see it more on other RF builds. I will be starting this in Beta today with my mate, should be to maps by late tonight. Will keep updating here for anyone elses interest! Probably leveling as SR + CwC Firestorm. Strong without investment so I can get solid into RF right at 65. That MORE modifier on burning is just WAY TOO JUICY not to invest into defenses. Early izaro inc?? :)

_Sifu

Yeah! Keep us updated for sure. Yes I was just referring to prefering life as the 3rd prefix because the hybrid es% roll will only be marginally better due to the base es item nerf.

Here's a vid of me doing cruel izaro life-based in LHC with under 3k life, about 5c worth of gear:

https://youtu.be/FZ_5ENqiFiU

I do HC so I spec more defensive, but I used blasphemy/vuln + vitality, pure scorching ray so I didn't ahve to worry about reflect. No RF yet. Was fun :) Used Flame Golem/LMP/Fire Pen/Ele Focus for supplemental dmg - any bonuses we have to ele/fire dmg effect the golem too.

Amazing leveling helm for 1c or less (get 39-40 fire dmg, just check poe.trade every now and then) freeze/chill immunity GG

I also proc EO with cwdt/ice spea/gmp/FP

Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 12, 2017, 9:58:33 AM
Arcane surge and what GGG does with it after beta, will have an effect on this build.

The gem on a movement skill giving a MORE damage multiplier... its nutto! I honestly do hope its removed, because I love the idea that the game isnt centered around using a single 6link skill and trying to min max that, but if it isnt.... thats a big buff for us.

_Sifu

Thread about this is already up
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1921098/page/1
Last edited by ITry4humility on Jul 12, 2017, 10:56:33 AM
"
ITry4humility wrote:
Arcane surge and what GGG does with it after beta, will have an effect on this build.

The gem on a movement skill giving a MORE damage multiplier... its nutto! I honestly do hope its removed, because I love the idea that the game isnt centered around using a single 6link skill and trying to min max that, but if it isnt.... thats a big buff for us.

_Sifu

Thread about this is already up
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1921098/page/1

Holy moly, yeah even if they change it to spells instead of skills, I use LW at endgame anyway lol oh man GGG so nutty
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 12, 2017, 11:20:35 AM
I think I may be able to read GGG's mind...

We're trying out a new version of the Arcane Surge buff that grants a lower value of More Spell Damage, but also grants Cast Speed and % of maximum mana regenerated per second. It can also only be triggered by spells. We've got further changes planned to the triggering mechanic, but these may not be successful so may never make it to Beta or Live.

hahaha
"
ITry4humility wrote:
I think I may be able to read GGG's mind...

We're trying out a new version of the Arcane Surge buff that grants a lower value of More Spell Damage, but also grants Cast Speed and % of maximum mana regenerated per second. It can also only be triggered by spells. We've got further changes planned to the triggering mechanic, but these may not be successful so may never make it to Beta or Live.

hahaha

dude yeah that's like our wet dream hahahah fuckkkkkkk ggg is so funny....
Really enjoyed the guide so far, but had a couple of questions. I am over on reservations when I apply my last one (purity of ice). I'll most likely replace the +3 level ring and put purity of fire somewhere else. Is there anyway I can reorder the reservations without having to add two level 4 enlighten? Other than the added max resists from the last purity and a little more energyshield should I even worry about it or just leave it as is with about 200 mana unreserved?

https://poe.mikelat.com/#p5U-yu/xB3l.Cvf/sS0c.Ab5/9b.Np

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info