[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Qrafty wrote:
can someone please explain vitality aura and mod on watchers eye? does life regen somehow get converted to ES regen? what about mana regen? does that get converted to ES regen as well? Thanks

Looks like everyone's on vacation :P
The whole build is based on converting life regen to ES regen - Zealot's Oath node.
"
Qrafty wrote:
can someone please explain vitality aura and mod on watchers eye? does life regen somehow get converted to ES regen? what about mana regen? does that get converted to ES regen as well? Thanks

Gets converted to ES because of ZO:
- Flat life regen
- % life regen

Does NOT get converted to ES because of ZO:
- % life recovery rate
- any form of mana regen
Just want to comment on this build. And share some crafting knowledge.
I've played it two leagues now (Beastiary and Incursion) and love it!

Incursion league brought a few notable things to this build.

Reduced Mana Reserve from Corrupted Jewels. Having two of these would allow you to replace the helm enchant or remove the jewel. The most obvious candidate for the corruption is Energy From Within. Then getting lucky with a rare jewel or even a watcher's eye.

Incursion also introduced a new prefix (Guatelitzi's) which gives +44-47 ES and 0.4% of Energy Shield Regenerated per second. This is a nice mod to have on a ring. I was lucky to snag an unset ring with +level and fire damage early in the league.

3.3 also brought new corruptions. Chest armor corruptions are a big deal. The increased damage is a big boost to DPS and the reduced damage from crits and fire damage is a boost to survival. Personally I would love maximum all resistance with increased damage.. lol.

Another big thing is the ability to use Vaal Discipline during those moments of intense damage.

Finally, I found Dreadbeak to be a great alternative to Doryani's Catalyst. It gives permanent Onslaught and 100% Increased Damage.

Crafting a Shield
Spoiler
The Starter Multimod Version:
Spoiler
You will need a Titanium Spirit Shield that is at least ilvl 80. I personally recommend using ilvl 84 which allows for possible t1 resistance roll.

You will need Alteration, Regal, Scour, and Annulment Orbs.

The goal is to roll +2 maximum fire resistance, hopefully without a suffix. However, if it does have a suffix, then you should judge whether it will be worth using a regal and annulment orbs on. I personally skip any bad suffix mod and only use augment orbs on high resistance suffixes.

So, to craft you will start using alterations on the shield. Do not waste augments on suffixes that are bad. Simply spam alterations until you get +2 maximum fire resistance. This may take a few hundred alterations before even seeing it. Once you get it, then you must decide if you want to regal and try to annul the mods off.

If successful then you need to craft multimod (2 exalts), reduced damage over time (LEO), Flat Energy Shield and increased energy shield %, and the last mod can be a resistance or an attribute (Dexterity, Intellect, Strength).

This shield will grant you anywhere from 220-250 energy shield.

Expensive Version:
Spoiler
The starter shield is good but the energy shield caps out around 250 which is kinda low. The only way to break 300+ energy shield is to have +max fire resistance with t1 +%ES prefix. This mod only rolls on ilvl 86 or higher.

Attempting to alt + regal the t1 %ES with maximum fire resistance may seem impossible. I personally have never successfully hit it. The times I was successful was through mass chaos spamming. I have hit the ES t1 rolls (flat + %) a handful of times but never maximum fire resistance.

You only want to regal with +2 maximum fire resistace or the t1 ES %. I personally do not waste regals on the flat energy shield mod. Always use augment orbs when no prefix.

I calculated the odds of getting 3x t1 prefixes -- it's more than 1 in a million chance.
Honestly, this can turn into a real currency sink. Crafting Spirit Ward cost me a lot, from the chaos spammed, annulment orbs, and failed exalt slams, I would safely say 50+ exalts were burned.

Crafting a helmet
Spoiler

You will need a Elder Hubris Circlet ilvl 82 or higher.
I recommend crafting on a helmet with an enchant that you can use since it can become very costly.

You will need to buy Essence of Horrors.

Once you have an horror essence, you use it on the helmet.
You are looking for Socketed Gems are supported by Burning Damage. This is a suffix and so is the essence of horror.

If you hit 3 prefixes, then you will not be able to meta-craft. You can try to annul a prefix, and if successful you can clear the prefixes off.

If you only hit 2 suffixes (Essence of Horror + Burning) then you have the option of keeping it open. When meta-crafting you could hit the concentrated prefix and then multimod the remaining ES. This will put you over 200 energy shield. If you do not care, then I would recommend just slamming the last suffix so you can block bad prefixes when meta crafting.

Once you have your suffixes set, then you will need to burn exalts crafting the prefixes.

There are two scenarios that would be considered successful.
First: Getting Concentrated Effect and slamming some type of Energy Shield mod. (Hybrid, Flat, %)
Second: Getting High Energy Shield without Concentrated Effect. (260++)

If you manage to hit the Concentrated Effect mod you should keep it regardless of the other prefix you hit. Unless of course you have hundreds of exalts to burn.

I find that on average it takes about 15 essence of horror attempts before getting Burning.

My Current Helm

Video of me crafting #1 Beastiary Helmet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCUaEPEApSU

That's all for now!
Last edited by herbfunk on Jul 24, 2018, 11:14:15 PM
"
herbfunk wrote:
Just want to comment on this build. And share some crafting knowledge.

Finally, I found Dreadbeak to be a great alternative to Doryani's Catalyst. It gives permanent Onslaught and 100% Increased Damage.

That's all for now!

I got to 100 with this build and i just tried it with your breakbeak, which i got perfect from the prophecy (onslaught buff).

What i wanted to ask is if you get the buff icon on top stating you have onslaught because i don't. Not sure why. I made the calculation of my Low Life and I am well below the 35% necessary so not sure why it's not showing.

Any ideas?

All in all is the best alternative to date. I noticed the RF deals more damage but the SR maybe a bit less but its marginal.

Thanks
Last edited by apotropaiko on Jul 29, 2018, 9:28:59 AM
Hey mates! Got a question...
I was wondering about the Pantheon choices. Why do we take Captured Arachnoxia for "50% increased Recovery rate of Life and ES if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time recently"? How do we proc that? CwDt + Immortal Call won't work, because it only stops physical damage and using a "Remove Burning on use" with a flask will turn Righteous Fire off. Is there any other way this Pantheon power might proc?
Only thing I could imagine is when Vaal Righteous Fire gets activated and Righteous Fire turns off automatically because we don't have enough life left. Maybe I'm just clueless.
Cheers everbody!
"
lukluk wrote:
Hey mates! Got a question...
I was wondering about the Pantheon choices. Why do we take Captured Arachnoxia for "50% increased Recovery rate of Life and ES if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time recently"? How do we proc that? CwDt + Immortal Call won't work, because it only stops physical damage and using a "Remove Burning on use" with a flask will turn Righteous Fire off. Is there any other way this Pantheon power might proc?
Only thing I could imagine is when Vaal Righteous Fire gets activated and Righteous Fire turns off automatically because we don't have enough life left. Maybe I'm just clueless.
Cheers everbody!

Vaal RF stopping the DoT is a nice way to activate the recovery rate when ur facing a hard boss. Only issue then is that you need to get back some life to be able to reapply regular RF.

Biggest reason to take that pantheon is probably the 5% reduced DoT taken. This helps when ur short on regen to better sustain RF.

However, imo we're better off taking Solaris when you've got your regene all sorted out. The amount of damage mitigation on that pantheon, especially from burst dmg with cits is immense. It helps a lot for tougher bosses.
"
Fritso wrote:

Vaal RF stopping the DoT is a nice way to activate the recovery rate when ur facing a hard boss. Only issue then is that you need to get back some life to be able to reapply regular RF.

Biggest reason to take that pantheon is probably the 5% reduced DoT taken. This helps when ur short on regen to better sustain RF.

However, imo we're better off taking Solaris when you've got your regene all sorted out. The amount of damage mitigation on that pantheon, especially from burst dmg with cits is immense. It helps a lot for tougher bosses.

Thanks you for your answer, mate.
Solaris would have been my second choice if there would be a nice way to proc Arachnoxia (like Blood Rage with CwDt + Immortal Call). That would have been so sweet. Most of the time I'm a little too lazy using Vaal RF with LLRF because of the hassle. Gonna switch over to Solaris in the long run. It might be worth using Vaal RF more.
The crit mitigation from Solaris will work nice with the Commandment of Light enchantment so that's a plus.

So far LLRF is really my favorite build so far. Although the damage with my current gear isn't that great, it's constant reliable damage and so lovely safe.

Last edited by lukluk on Aug 4, 2018, 6:37:31 PM
I got to 100 and just finished the elder guardians on t16. Will today attemp my first Uber Elder.

I worked on this char a lot and it has evolved a bit. I used to have 15k ES but now back to 14 as I switched 1kES to stats geared towards recharge rate and faster start of recharge giving me a lot of extra survivability when you're taking many shots close to one another.

I can do T16 with 4 sextants and double beyond no problems. I run with 3 auras (lightning is out) as you do not really need it unless you're fighting Mino and lightning Elder Guardian.

I have spent well in excess of 300ex on this char but i may get back 50ex is I sell my clarity ES jewel.

Also i switched just recently to the Redbeak whcih i crafted myself and its so much more powerful.

Here is the gear.

I may verge towards the reduced mana on helm and fit another aura but my helm gives me a massive amount of extra damage on RF.

Also my gloves are not perfect but I would have to spend a Mirror and 30ex to fix them so not doing this for now.
"
apotropaiko wrote:
I got to 100 and just finished the elder guardians on t16. Will today attemp my first Uber Elder.

I worked on this char a lot and it has evolved a bit. I used to have 15k ES but now back to 14 as I switched 1kES to stats geared towards recharge rate and faster start of recharge giving me a lot of extra survivability when you're taking many shots close to one another.

I can do T16 with 4 sextants and double beyond no problems. I run with 3 auras (lightning is out) as you do not really need it unless you're fighting Mino and lightning Elder Guardian.

I have spent well in excess of 300ex on this char but i may get back 50ex is I sell my clarity ES jewel.

Also i switched just recently to the Redbeak whcih i crafted myself and its so much more powerful.

Here is the gear.

I may verge towards the reduced mana on helm and fit another aura but my helm gives me a massive amount of extra damage on RF.

Also my gloves are not perfect but I would have to spend a Mirror and 30ex to fix them so not doing this for now.

Nice job getting to 100!

One thing to keep in mind is that Energy Recharge is useless for us, because we alwasy take dmg from RF so we never recharge. The stat you're looking for is % increased recovery rate, just like on your Watcher's Eye. So the Recharge mod on your ring and jewels is useless for this build.

Another upgrade would be a nice belt with the 20% increased ES recovery rate like
Last edited by Fritso on Aug 5, 2018, 6:36:02 AM
ok i don't want to wade through the entire 200+ posts and maybe someone else has already posted this, and maybe it is mentioned and someone forgot, however in attempting to craft some medoicre opal rings I had a interesting discovery.
If you have just one mod on the rings that says adds cold or lightining damage to attacks, you suddenly open up a large range of possibilities to the build to mix it up a little. there's a whole lot of attacks you can suddenly use that will now apply elemental equalibirum. Like leap slam, AoE equalibirum when you come accross a pack of elemental resist mobs, or cyclone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info