Don't Put New Legacy League Zana Crafts In Permanent Leagues 2.6.

"
morbo wrote:
There really should be a GGG response on this. Was it an oversight? Do they intend to fix it, maybe in some upcoming patch? IMO, add all the mods to Zana in Standart and see which ones will be used more.

That would be a great solution!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
it doesn't make sense to provide free access to old leagues in a temp league while charging players currency for the same access in permanent leagues.

well it does cause players have massively more items for chancing stuff in permanent leagues but well, players would likely have complained about that "injustice" anyway.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
it doesn't make sense to provide free access to old leagues in a temp league while charging players currency for the same access in permanent leagues.

They used to do it before they changed the way Zana mods worked the first time. I played talisman from Standard back when Talisman was a league. It was overly expensive though so I only did it a few times. If I could recall correctly you could even do the same thing and do double Beyond back in beyond league back before the map mod was added (would need to recheck over dates but I'm pretty sure it was a thing).
"
vio wrote:

well it does cause players have massively more items for chancing stuff in permanent leagues but well, players would likely have complained about that "injustice" anyway.

Maybe to some, but not to this degree. Usually leagues get special mechanics while both the core and leagues get additional content (act 4, the lab, atziri, etc). This is the expected behavior. This time around though the league got new mechanics (leaguestones) and standard lost mechanics (access to league modifiers). This is not the norm.
"
vio wrote:

It also doesn't make any sense removing complete access to said league mods either.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
OK, Rich.

What would your response be if this was flipped?

What if the new 3 month league had no access to old league mods, no access to old league uniques and the content you got was only the new Zana mods. How would you feel about that?

What then, if the reason you could no longer have access to these league mods and uniques was because the permanent leagues were getting access to all of the above?

How would you feel then?

Let's not even go that far, what if this past 3 months in Breach instead of having the Zana mods you did, you had these really bad ones? What if you could no longer beyond your strands in Breach, chance a HH in Breach? What if this change happened half way through Breach, what if you had been farming up Perandus coins and then Perandus suddenly got removed? What if all this happened because permanent leagues suddenly got all mods and your Zana was changed because of this?

I mean, you are doing your bit, testing the new mods in a scenario without league mods.

You'd be OK? Would reddit blow up?

Thing is this analogy would only make sense if the player numbers would also be switched.

Yeah right, fuck minorities! We should lock up our women back in the kitchen right now and maybe it's a good idea to revoke gay people's rights too again, right? And how about killing retards for saving the state some money?
Well I guess it's time for suicidal tendencies again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erTLYlgHTn8
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Kellog wrote:
"
vio wrote:

It also doesn't make any sense removing complete access to said league mods either.

sense? at least for me it looks like they're trying motivate players looking for old uniques to play the content which actually provides them for free.
"
vio wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:
"
vio wrote:

sense? at least for me it looks like they're trying motivate players looking for old uniques to play the content which actually provides them for free.

You're assuming everyone who plays permanent leagues and does Zana mods, does so just for chancing uniques. However, using your premise, those who may want said uniques, are now forced to play a league they have no interest in. That's hardly motivational.
"
Kellog wrote:

You're assuming everyone who plays permanent leagues and does Zana mods, does so just for chancing uniques. However, using your premise, those who may want said uniques, are now forced to play a league they have no interest in. That's hardly motivational.

you're right, i kind of did. because i mainly play temp leagues and were never whealthy enough there to buy any zana league mods. things are quite different in standard.

on the other hand i wasn't really judging their decision, just trying to get behind their motives to remove that option from permanent leagues.
"
vio wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:

you're right, i kind of did. because i mainly play temp leagues and were never whealthy enough there to buy any zana league mods. things are quite different in standard.

on the other hand i wasn't really judging their decision, just trying to get behind their motives to remove that option from permanent leagues.

Probably something they didn't think about. Zana mods have always been the same in the leagues as they were in standard. It is possible however that they also were looking forward to the reactions to the Zana changes from the standard players as well. It does come at a large cost since the understanding is that the reason they are changing Zana is because of leaguestones which are not going to be dropping in standard.
"
ghoulavenger wrote:

the reason they are changing Zana is because of leaguestones which are not going to be dropping in standard.

you think they remove leaguestones from player's inventories after league end? did they ever invalidate a item which was essential to a league after the league ended?

on a more general scope, legacy league will be pretty short anyway as the closed beta will start "soon" and most (standard) players will join it, i guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info