Don't Put New Legacy League Zana Crafts In Permanent Leagues 2.6.

"
vio wrote:
"
ghoulavenger wrote:

the reason they are changing Zana is because of leaguestones which are not going to be dropping in standard.

you think they remove leaguestones from player's inventories after league end? did they ever invalidate a item which was essential to a league after the league ended?

on a more general scope, legacy league will be pretty short anyway as the closed beta will start "soon" and most (standard) players will join it, i guess.

Your attempts at mitigation are cute, vio. :P

But let's not get away from what this is. Removing old league mods and chancing of the uniques from permanent leagues for 3 months. Due to their 'on steroid availability' in the temp leagues.

It's shitty as fuck, no matter how you try to perfume it.
Casually casual.

"
vio wrote:
"
ghoulavenger wrote:

the reason they are changing Zana is because of leaguestones which are not going to be dropping in standard.

you think they remove leaguestones from player's inventories after league end? did they ever invalidate a item which was essential to a league after the league ended?

Perandus coins have no use outside of the perandus league; if perandus was not available as a zana mod they would still be completely useless in standard, which means yeah, you've got an accurate example right here, perandus coins just hit rock bottom, again. Also prophecies did not work in standard either because there was no interface. Only active prophecies did anything. So assuming leaguestones make their way into standard, they will do absolutely nothing. And the only way they'd make their way into standard is if someone in hardcore ripped, and they're notorious for going right back into hardcore because standard is for scrubs. Even if they did hang around and try an old Zana modded map in standard, leaguestones are limited to 3 activations or some such. Or they could simply turn off the leaguestones on death.

You're making a mountain out of an anthill.
"
vio wrote:

on a more general scope, legacy league will be pretty short anyway as the closed beta will start "soon" and most (standard) players will join it, i guess.

I was under the impression legacy league would continue until 3.0 was ready to be released, not until the closed beta started. I have no interest in playing the closed beta either, at least, at this time. So my pals in standard will keep me company.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Your attempts at mitigation are cute, vio. :P

ever been a fanboi ;) by heart.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Removing old league mods and chancing of the uniques from permanent leagues for 3 months. Due to their 'on steroid availability' in the temp leagues.

okok, i admit. i have no real idea why they really did it. an oversight? pushing people who want to play legacy into playing the league? avoiding demands to make the mods cheaper in standard?
that's all i can think of.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
But let's not get away from what this is. Removing old league mods and chancing of the uniques from permanent leagues for 3 months. Due to their 'on steroid availability' in the temp leagues.

You know, it just might be the 'dead dictator' effect, when one dies you kinda have to attend the procession and light a few candles, regardless if you feel like it or not. They said this legacy league is sort of a farewell to old PoE, maybe that's why they're corralling us into it, they want us to say goodbye properly?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Can't you farm a few leaguestones in hardcore challenge league and die on purpose to move them to standard?
"
raics wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

You know, it just might be the 'dead dictator' effect, when one dies you kinda have to attend the procession and light a few candles, regardless if you feel like it or not. They said this legacy league is sort of a farewell to old PoE, maybe that's why they're corralling us into it, they want us to say goodbye properly?

I always found farewells to be effective with, the shake of a hand, pat on the back, a hug, maybe a kiss, or just a wave, depending on the relationship.

I never actually tried the kick in the nuts idea.

"
SuperMotte wrote:
Can't you farm a few leaguestones in hardcore challenge league and die on purpose to move them to standard?

You could, but you think that's a good design?

Rather than select your Zana mod, you level a character in a temp league, farm and rip the stones each time.

Then of course there's the award winning comedy sketch where the player does just that and realises there is no interface to use the damned stones.

:D
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 3, 2017, 7:15:41 AM
No league mods for standard? No response to this?

Feels bad man.

Do i really need to anticipate in a league, i don't like, feeding no lifers, can't play at my own pace, reaching my own long term goals, have to reset every progress every 3 months?

Feels bad man.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I always found farewells to be effective with, the shake of a hand, pat on the back, a hug, maybe a kiss, or just a wave, depending on the relationship.

I never actually tried the kick in the nuts idea.

Sounds unpleasant, but you kinda have to agree it would be memorable.

Got a nice little story about that actually, dunno, might have told it already at some other 'fuck you, users' occasion, but no matter.

A truckee, driving along a lonely snowbound highway picks up a hitchhiking hooker on the way back from visiting her hometown, and after spending a trip in pleasant chat she offers to pay for the service in service. The man accepts, pulls over, tells her to undress and when she's done he says:
- Get out.
- The fuck are you saying? It's minus twenty out there!
- I don't care, get out!
After which he kicks her out of the door and closes it, saying: "Good, now build me a snowman and you can get back inside". The poor woman, seeing no other way out, got to the business, so after the truckee was satisfied with the results and admitted her back inside, all blue and shivering from the cold, she starts sputtering:
- You fuckin bastard, what was the big idea!
- It's simple enough. If I screwed you, you'd probably forget about it tomorrow, I wanted to make a lasting impression.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 3, 2017, 7:54:07 AM
+1

Zana in Standard shouldnt be affected by temp leagues.
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info