The elderly of the forum

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Care so much about my age that I had to double-check, but...
"
GooberM wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
btw: at 26 Boem is the baby of the forum :3

Nah, I'm here with a recent 25

Ha?

Well, that was short-lived.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

I just hope we discontinue social security that sucks 15% out of what I pay myself

Seniors are just a bunch of social welfare addicts like many so dont care for them

Not to mention they'd be 10x richer if they put SS payments in a index fund instead of making us pay
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 27, 2017, 10:05:49 PM
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
PoE players are old as fuck. I feel like a grandpa while playing Overwatch and talking to kids over the headset but in PoE I almost feel like a teen.

You use headsets? So kids yell into your ear to kill yourself and other stupid shit?

I talk to people I know but sometimes we have 2 or so randoms on the team. Most of the time they behave well tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I see you like police state moderation along with theft (taking cash from young ppl to pay for seniors who didnt plan properly). They used to have a word for dat and I thought we defeated it in WW2 and when Communism ended. Anyways freedom! Economic, verbal and religious is way to fly.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 27, 2017, 11:26:24 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Ceri wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Its the earliest I experienced. I wisely didnt claim they were the absolute origin. One never knows what one doesnt know. I thank you for enriching my knowledge on the topic! :)

Yes, you share that with most people I think. The Japanese were very proficient in the 80s and were responsible for a myriad of classics! However, they were also late to the party and were heavily inspired by both the US and the European games produced earlier. They caught up quickly though, and from the mid 80s and onwards it can be argued that a lot of the milestones in early gaming came from Japan.

As a major retro gamer & historian, I take any opportunity to dig into the old games stuff, hehe. I've been collecting original games since forever, mostly focusing on the old 8-bit computer stuff from the early 80s.

The back and forth was really interesting -- I remember when Sierra started distributing Japanese titles to the western PC market, Sorcerian being the ones I played most. For a PC player, this type of game was very unusual at the time. They also brought over silpheed, zeliard and thexder from Game Arts. Considering they were mostly famous for adventure games at the time, these much more console-style games were a huge departure for Sierra. I've been playing nihon falcom stuff ever since.

My earliest PC games, well, I wasn't allowed to have a computer until I was 10 or so. Guess my folks knew there'd be no turning back, so milked the Lego/playing outside phase as long as possible. I think the first PC game I played on the family PC was paratrooper in CGA, which was a huge step up from the microbee one of the neighbours owned...but a big step down from the mighty c64 another friend had. Mum became a serious adventure game junkie, occasionally waking me up in the middle of the night asking for a hand thinking up synonyms for crucial verbs in those text-driven "Quest" games. Surprisingly difficult when you consider differences between Australian English and American.

Oh, and Elite. Damn did I love that game.

And the infrequent game of Gauntlet. Four kids crammed around one keyboard. Yeah, that went well.

But once the Super Famicom came out I was reminded of all those quirky Japanese RPGs I'd stumbled upon with the PC, and embraced that fully. By then the art of the typing game had been lost on PC and there are only so many Monkey Island lucasarts games a person can take. Seriously good looking RPGs on PC were hitting stride with shit like eye of the beholder and Might and Magic III. I played those but was already favouring the whole sit on the living floor and play longass rpgs on the "big" screen all day mode of jrpg addiction. It wasn't until the internet gained traction in the mid 90s that I found myself back on a PC for anything but school work and wing commander.

So I've been a dirty casual console player for probably longer than I've been a serious PC player. And it takes a pretty special game to get me to sit at the PC for hours on end. Diablo 1, 2, those early rtses, everquest, dark age of Camelot, guild wars 1, eve (uhoh, someone discovered MMOs; bye bye life), gw2, poe. That's about it.

---

Omg fuck overwatch. I bought that game just to have something light to play with old school friends around the world but Jesus is it banal. And half the time I have no idea wtf is going on. I swear the target age for that game is ADDteen.

Ok you didnt just indirectly shit on LucasArts point and click titles.

sir, I challenge you to an insult sword fight!
with 47 i'm not winning the contest but i also don't feel that old myself.

and i'm not taking that "grumpy old fart" flag either, thx in advance charan ;)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I'm epically old, but I'm scared to reveal this to you.
"
poor_hobbit wrote:

3 digit old?
"
3 digit old?

Not yet but soon.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
poor_hobbit wrote:

3 digit old?

Probably 4 or 5.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info