The elderly of the forum

Heh... I've always exposed myself and all I ever got was fines and restraining orders.

So much for tolerant friendship !
"
Coal48 wrote:
I want to always be right, not at all in the sense of always wanting to win an argument, but that if I am wrong, I want someone to correct me and show me what's right

feeling arguments as personal attacks is not a way to evolve
In other words: I always want to be right. I do not particularly care about appearing to be right.

Note the underlying assumption though: that "right" exists independent of human awareness. Moral relativism is antithetical to this philosophy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 2, 2017, 12:29:00 AM
@Coal48

Good read, liked the part about hate (I liked all of it, but that part the most. :P).
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 2, 2017, 3:39:10 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Yeah when I mean "right", I'm not referring to moral right or wrong, I'm talking about information, about absolutes.

"
Perq wrote:

Now that's something really weird and rare, someone liking my opinions... thank you

"
diablofdb wrote:

I haven't read the entirety of the thread but I did contribute to derailing it, sorry about that, I just wanted to give a bit of explanation about my age, should've just kept it at that, I always talk too much (online only though)
the first relationship I had with a computer: I typed binary codes on paper tapes and transferred them in a suitcase handcuffed to my left wrist in an air force taxi to be delivered to the base main computer 40 miles away. it filled the entire building at around 10,000 sqft. the building was kept at a constant 68 degrees f. the paper tapes were run on spools around the building and light was projected through them to make impressions on magnetic tape spools, like you would see on the then modern reel to reel tape players.

I was 19 then. put a date on that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info