What is a new league like????

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Dont let these negative ppls get you down. If you feel like top you're top. "Law of Attraction" baby it works.

"
Hallsttattian wrote:
Calling people out when you "claimed" you have all t1 gear and only have some shitty gloves and boots to show off is a bit too much.

In the short time you had our character page available I took a look at your gear.

Aside from the 6l lioneyes glare and the 6s/5l belly rest of your gear is suboptimal for a lvl 60 character let alone a lvl 83 like yours.

So go on troll. You had your 15 minutes of internet fame.

What you are saying .....it kinda baits me into asking....what else can a rare item roll

besides the usual things....After you max your resist, the only thing for in this game is crit strike/chance/multiplier and life. All other stats are at second place, and most of my items have those....

next in line...my weapon....first thing you look to is the dps, after that comes crit and than youll want what ever you can get your hands on....my weapon has the same stats a reach of the council has, When I look on poe.trade the cheapest reach of the council have same dps as lion glare do......

Same with the highest dps....only thing a reach of the council offers is 1 more support gem....and when your already killing stuff easy its in my eyes not worth the killing them REALLY easy....

So if some1 doesnt show me a weapon which is 10 times better and tells me my 6l is crap.....that means literally nothing to me....saying I say I owned the place in 5 minutes

Is based on the fact that I play 2.5 week and could buy myself gear able to clear tier 15 map content....sure theres some more things to do which I dont even know about....but how long do you actually play there?

But I get it....you think I only played d3...and every single person in here has an attitude when talking to d3 players....
You're an interesting person. You've gotten our attention. But there's too much contradictory input for us to take your story as true. Next time you try this, you should really work on making your story more believable from the start. You're not a "noob" with two and a half weeks of experience. That's clear.

You traded for, or bought outright, some very powerful items. You then blame the game for being too easy. Sorry... that doesn't wash.
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
next in line...my weapon....first thing you look to is the dps, after that comes crit and than youll want what ever you can get your hands on....my weapon has the same stats a reach of the council has, When I look on poe.trade the cheapest reach of the council have same dps as lion glare do......

Same with the highest dps....only thing a reach of the council offers is 1 more support gem....and when your already killing stuff easy its in my eyes not worth the killing them REALLY easy....

Poe.trade doesn't take multiple projectiles into account. Neither do the ingame tooltips. Normally a single target can only be hit once per attack, but tornado shot has the property that subprojectiles from different primary arrows can hit the same target. Greater multiple projectiles support gives the same amount of arrows as Reach of the Council but it also reduces your damage by a quarter. RotC does not have this penalty, and you can fit an additional support too. The end result is that RotC does 60-70% more DPS with tornado shot than single-arrow bows.

"
Cheydinhal wrote:
So if some1 doesnt show me a weapon which is 10 times better and tells me my 6l is crap.....that means literally nothing to me....saying I say I owned the place in 5 minutes

No one is going to show you such a bow because it doesn't exist. The absolute best physical bow would have around 660 pDPS as listed on poe.trade, and that's with four perfectly rolled T1 mods(*). Such a bow would probably sell for multiple mirrors, if it were for sale. As I pointed out though, Reach of the Council is significantly better than a single-arrow bow with the same damage numbers. Someone else showed a screenshot with over 100k DPS with a RotC, are you dismissing that just because the bow itself doesn't have better numbers?

(*) 79% hybrid, 179% IPD, 38-68 flat phys, 16% IAS, 20% quality. Someone please correct me if I forgot something.

"
Cheydinhal wrote:
Is based on the fact that I play 2.5 week and could buy myself gear able to clear tier 15 map content....sure theres some more things to do which I dont even know about....but how long do you actually play there?

If you're the type of player who tries the content once or twice and declares that they've completed the game, I doubt there's anything we can tell you to make it more interesting. Some people make it their goal to clear the content as fast as possible, accumulate massive amounts of wealth or complete everything SSF. So either pick a challenge that interests you or buzz off.
I have bad news for that D3 fanboy (Yes, PoE is based on D2 because it was great, D3 is utterly shit)

2.5 week, for "top players", is enough to farm shaper, even on new league when noone has anything.
It took you 2.5 week to tackle easiest of T15 maps, Congratulations. Now lets compare with rly good players. On the end of league they need about 24 hours to make character that can kill Shaper w/o any problems. Those characters would just OBILERATE thing that you think is hard and you are proud of killing.

P.S Noones care If some D3 fanboys will leave PoE, better for us.
Last edited by Aynix on Feb 26, 2017, 4:11:14 PM
"
databeaver wrote:
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

Poe.trade doesn't take multiple projectiles into account. Neither do the ingame tooltips. Normally a single target can only be hit once per attack, but tornado shot has the property that subprojectiles from different primary arrows can hit the same target. Greater multiple projectiles support gives the same amount of arrows as Reach of the Council but it also reduces your damage by a quarter. RotC does not have this penalty, and you can fit an additional support too. The end result is that RotC does 60-70% more DPS with tornado shot than single-arrow bows.

"
Cheydinhal wrote:

No one is going to show you such a bow because it doesn't exist. The absolute best physical bow would have around 660 pDPS as listed on poe.trade, and that's with four perfectly rolled T1 mods(*). Such a bow would probably sell for multiple mirrors, if it were for sale. As I pointed out though, Reach of the Council is significantly better than a single-arrow bow with the same damage numbers. Someone else showed a screenshot with over 100k DPS with a RotC, are you dismissing that just because the bow itself doesn't have better numbers?

(*) 79% hybrid, 179% IPD, 38-68 flat phys, 16% IAS, 20% quality. Someone please correct me if I forgot something.

"
Cheydinhal wrote:

If you're the type of player who tries the content once or twice and declares that they've completed the game, I doubt there's anything we can tell you to make it more interesting. Some people make it their goal to clear the content as fast as possible, accumulate massive amounts of wealth or complete everything SSF. So either pick a challenge that interests you or buzz off.

Thanks for some handy tips, and with explanation, is more what I get from most guys here...

Though I still wonder where all of you guys hostility come from, just because I say I'm a top player cuz I cleared the content :D

Despite the fact if it is actually true what I said....what would it matter to you :D

Haters gonna hate....all I asked was how is the start of league like and alll you read was....he's top player :D

Haters gonna hate guys....play the game some and then go whine on forums ;)
It's kinda like that white chick who claimed she was black a while back and got shit for it. People don't like when you misrepresent yourself. It diminishes them, pretty much no matter what you do.

They'd have given you the same degree of shit if you came here claiming to be a total noob who just happened to make it to mapping on their first try without any help or guidance. You see... you got caught. Own that.
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
Hello,

I'm a very new player to Path of Exile, started 2,5 weeks ago. And what I noticed is, how easy and fast I became a top player....

this killed me +1
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
Though I still wonder where all of you guys hostility come from, just because I say I'm a top player cuz I cleared the content :D

Despite the fact if it is actually true what I said....what would it matter to you :D

In a sense you are a top player because a very small fraction of player even reach maps at all, let alone T15 maps. So you're probably in the top 1% of all players. Congrats. However, there's still a lot of room for improvement. It's like sports; working up the stamina to complete a marathon is an achievement in itself, but it's far from actually winning one.

You have to realize that players will always look at things from the context of their own progress. When a player who is struggling in merciless act 1 looks upward, he may not be able to make a difference between someone who's just made it to mid-tier maps and someone who's farming Shaper. To the guy farming Shaper it may seem that merciless Merveil and the Cells boss are equally trivial; he compares himself to others by how fast they can kill Shaper. So when the mid-tier mapper calls himself "top player" the Shaper farmer is understandably outraged.

I don't really care how well others are doing, I'm just perplexed by your attitude of beating a few endgame bosses and saying you're bored with the game. You don't stop playing Diablo 3 after beating a T13 nephalem rift once, do you? Of course not, you try to progress to ever higher greater rift tiers. Path of Exile also provides challenges beyond beating a boss once, they just aren't quite so linear as Diablo 3's grifts. You can roll maps with difficult mods. You can try to kill all the different bosses in the game with difficult mods. You can try to improve your speed in killing those bosses. You can complete the challenges set forth by the developers. You can do all of this self-found. It's up to you to decide what interests you.
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
cuz I cleared the content :D

Despite the fact if it is actually true what I said

Haters gonna hate....

Haters gonna hate guys....play the game some and then go whine on forums ;)

Im out, not gonna talk with that kidd'o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info