Pages from the Upcoming Path of Exile Art Book

"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
wow... pleople whining over nazi-inspired uniforms.
do you also run away from history books?

There is a reason why nazi uniforms games and symbolism is banned in many countries.
If your grandparents had been executed by them 70 years ago you would understand.
It always has bad results in terms of marketing for the people selling or promoting anything nazi themed worldwide.
You don't have to be a jew to understand that at least.

and that reason is?

Referencing something does not mean supporting it.

In fact, the "bad results" part is completely wrong, censorship does nothing but create interest. Just see any game that had peoples panties in a bunch and how they became remembered more due to it, Narc, Wolfenstein, Postal, GTA and even recently Hatred, all just got good results from the negative press some "i'm offended" group gave. Hell, I would never known of Hatred if it wasnt for all the whining about it.

Feelings shouldnt run over logic.
I dont need to be jewish to understand, I also dont need to be offended for someone else and being offended does nothing.

To give an example, I suffered a rather traumatic experience as a child, I COULD get triggered each time I see something that references such a thing, but I dont, because I realize that does nothing positive for me and in fact I would just be playing myself and limiting my evolution as a person.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 7, 2017, 9:15:35 PM
Nazi or not nazi themed,i think GGG should change their marketing plan quickly.
Who in their right mind thought after the xbox reaction that these drawings are a good idea for more supporters?
Do they really want people talking about nazis in poe even if they are completely wrong?
Is this the way to get more supporters?
"Oh look these totaly nazi looking like drawings are not really nazi based. Thanks for your support"
"
HereticG wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
"
HereticG wrote:
Hello GGG,

Just wanted to chime in here and let you know, those of us who are not offended by such a slight resemblance, greatly appreciate the art direction implied in the book. You're doing good work, keep going, don't let the plague of political correctness ruin creativity.

Besides the whiners should really stop whining over a war they were not involved in, almost a century ago.

The Holocaust was not a war, it was genocide against millions of innocent people.

Leave it to a SJW to blame me for something I didn't say. Did you see me not recognizing the Holocaust in any way? They are interconnected, I don't need to mention it to please some political correctness god...

Lol, I'm as far right as you can go in politics. I just believe there is a line that you don't across. However, that doesn't mean it's right but a lot of other people in this thread are sharing the same view I am. I'm not the only one
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
Disrupted wrote:

and that reason is?

Referencing something does not mean supporting it.

In fact, the "bad results" part is completely wrong, censorship does nothing but create interest. Just see any game that had peoples panties in a bunch and how they became remembered more due to it, Narc, Wolfenstein, Postal, GTA and even recently Hatred, all just got good results from the negative press some "i'm offended" group. Hell, I would never known of Hatred if it wasnt for all the whining about it.

Feelings shouldnt run over logic.
I dont need to be jewish to understand, I also dont need to be offended for someone else and being offended does nothing.

To give an example, I suffered a rather traumatic experience as a child, I COULD get triggered each time I see something that references such a thing, but I dont, because I realize that does nothing and in fact I would just be playing myself and limiting my evolution as a person.

Look,I'm not offended or anything. I speak calmly.
This is nothing but negative for a game that needs constant support from players to survive.
You don't just go around offending minorities and hope for the better.
I for example would not give a cent to the grocery man if he had nazi drawings over the check desk among ancient greeks or vikings.
That doesn't mean that i would have to be offended or angry or anything like that.
I would just ignore him.
Imo this is a bad move for a game like this.
A small bad move,but still bad.
We as a human race determind nazism was one of the worst expressions of misanthropy,no need to repeat something similar. That's why it is banned,from ebarrassement as human beings for something so atrocious to have happened.
"
PsOfOs wrote:

Offense is taken, never given
Oblivious
"
Vegalyp wrote:
Path of Nazis?

exactly my thought ><
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
This thread sums up everything wrong with these forums and this community in general.
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

I could give you an example of offence given but i would be permanently banned from the game.

And i don't mean that personally for you,i don't know you.

If you think you can go around telling offensive things to people and it would be their fault for getting offended,you might want to reconsider you strategy in life.
Bottom line it is a fantasy game and such reminders of real life things are anachronistic.
Censored.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

I could give you an example of offence given but i would be permanently banned from the game.

And i don't mean that personally for you,i don't know you.

If you think you can go around telling offensive things to people and it would be their fault for getting offended,you might want to reconsider you strategy in life.

eh, if you wish you can pm me.

and anyone can be offended over everything, I can only offer pity for people that live their lives tip-toeing around overly sensitive people.
GGG did NOT go around telling offensive things to anybody. People just jumped in and TOOK offense.

That design again, references (or rather its based on) something , does not support it.
Chances are they are the enemy, you'll get to kill pseudo-nazis. If I were jewish, Id take quite the pleasure in it if I wished to see it that way.

My only problem is, I wished that there could be choice of sides since exiles arent exactly good people, but now that we got some upcoming pseudo-nazis, I doubt GGG has the balls to give such an option as siding with them.
Guess in fact, that might be the very reason why they chose some pseudo-nazis, because they themselves realize you need something seen as so absolutely evil that no exile would want to cooperate with, or rather, that they do not wish to cooperate with exiles either since I do not see most of them (exiles) caring either way.

and yeah, I would have no problem siding with some pseudo-nazi in the game... because its just a fucking videogame. I wouldnt be promoting genocide and the very thought that someone would think I would just by doing that, tells me more of the limited intelligence of such than myself really.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 7, 2017, 9:42:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info