Pages from the Upcoming Path of Exile Art Book

This blendid art.))

Yep! when we can buy it?
Last edited by _xama_ on Feb 10, 2017, 6:12:49 PM
The game is interesting Thanks to this game.
The whole of our existence is filled with evil, hate, death and to try to defend that the "world" tires of such disease, is really beyond anyone's capacity. Man is an animal, we are at the top of the power graph, when something threatens us, we defeat it, and we develop ways to prevent it from repeating.. at least, we try to..

To speak that our past evils are devoid of our present, is denial and depreciating of those who suffered the said horrors, Jews are not alone in man's inhumanity towards each other.
Is a US Calvary patch being treated with the same
how about a Hammer and Scythe?
A Roman legion's Banner?
Turkish Flag?

By continuing to bring these events in history back into our present, we are challenging ourselves to never forget them.

Belief that we are sorry it happened is a possibility, Belief that it won't happen again is naive.
Believing in your God, is yours to defend, Death, however, is a proven.

POE.. It's a game last time I logged into it.

Living and dying is something else, probably worth more time thinking upon than an armband art issue.

Grind on.

Theories from another world, from another failure
We don't adhere to fascination
Weary, fall on mother earth, call your other saviour
We don't adhere to fascination
Faith divides us, Death unites us.
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:
Ok, so black/red with armbands
The coloration isn't the issue. The coloration and choice of shapes is. It isn't just color one, three and five with shape nine. The red band, white circle and black symbol in the middle are evocative of Nazism because the arms bands were iconic. Let me give you an example - One letter and one color with a specific shape. Tell me if you think that Grinding Gear Games could put Maraketh soldiers in Act 6 with this yellow letter and have players think it meant Maraketh and not something else:

If GGG changed flipped that letter upside down, do you think players would think it was acceptable for Wraeclast, or would they think McWraeclast?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I love it!
edited, read the last post instead
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Feb 14, 2017, 7:42:58 AM
"
Speaking of "being offended". I, for myself, more offended by how little of actual effort this "designer" put in his work.

Who is this guy on a picture? Why he's wearing this armband? Care to elaborate armbands system of Oriath Party (or whoever those guys are)? The "iconic" one (with pure red background) was sign of a Political Leader Candidate. Is this guy a party candidate?

Why he's wearing plague doctor mask? Those were used as a protective measure along with from-head-to-toe protection clothes. Why this guy is half-naked then?

"Hmm, let's see... dark fantasy and mass slavery"... "need to be little edgy to spark discussions and bring more attention".... "some popular evil game tropes..."... "bingo!".

Yeah, maybe that's the answer. A mishmash of easy recognizable bad guys cliches. Don't fit the lore? Who cares about this lore anyway.

And to think that this was approved by GGG and green-lighted for printing. So sad. So very very sad.

also a good way of approaching the design. thumbs up
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
lunaticloser wrote:
Why are you germans so butthurt?

I don't get it. It's not offensive in any way. In fact, it's part of your history. If you're offended by it, you need to go get treatment. Shit happened, learn to get over it. I could mildly understand if a jew was offended by that, not some regular german. If anything you should be ashamed, not offended x'D.

I do agree that in its current state it's immensely immersion breaking and honestly quite stupid to keep something like that for the future game. It's a joke, it shouldn't be something that stays in the game forever on a mob. These kind of clear references should only exist in special events (like Aprist 1st), because when you tell the same joke over and over, it stops being funny.

it's so revealing and kinda convenient only white knights who don't get the point use that stupid term (if you don't believe me instantly, just keep it in mind reading controversial topics on this forum (many of those recently...)and you will realise it's the truth). somebody could create a filter plugin for firefox, would save me a lot of scrolling. hate nothing more than people who have the urge to defend something when they haven't even understood what the criticism is actually about. those contribute nothing to a discussion whatsoever
Last edited by LMTR14 on Feb 14, 2017, 4:50:27 AM
"
Derkej94 wrote:
Sorry I had to ;d

Btw this is more like descry. Poor templar :/

love it! would give you a thumbs up if I could ^^
"
By the way, it's not a "concept art" - title says "Pages from the Upcoming Path of Exile Art Book".

"
kobrakhan wrote:
can someone please explain how a concept drawing about nazi like enemies can hurt your feelings? did you reakt the same on indiana jones, hellboy and starwars?

To people who use "buh they areh aur enemiz" argument - when you really think about it it's even more of an insult to the memory of fallen on that war. That war wasn't about "clearing meta builds" of superheroes who slay thousands of nazi-zombies by earthquakes/flameblasts/sparks and other magic bullshit. It wasn't about "shaping strands" to get more XP to get to Berlin faster. Know your place and show some respect.

see, that would be a fun scenario though! for an original game though, not a long established one! that is just one of the important points here (that unfortunately only few manage to grasp) - nazis are out of place in wraeclast! using them is poor and cheap design. just because nazis are almost universally hated, it isn't a good idea to implausibly put them in a scenario where they don't belong (especially when it is such an overused subject matter and the topic of nazism is waaay to present in the media for something that is long over and done with). it's like one commenter said, the jumping of the shark.

like I probably said, the possible reactions of "offended" (stupid concept) people have no relevance whatever. a video game is art, it can put whatever it wants in and nobody can criticise it validly because of THAT ASPECT. the reasons for criticism lie on a higher instance. then again, logic probably goes over the head of many people - just being realistic here, this IS the 21th century after all...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info