Pages from the Upcoming Path of Exile Art Book

"
M0rO wrote:
"
neurolergic wrote:
About the Nazi reference thing: I don't give a flying fuck about any political correctness thing. However I think that the reference is so obvious that you dev guys should have seen it yourself and just be like: really, can't we come up with anything better? Hell yeah, make PoE dark as much as possible, but you really don't need Nazi references to do so. I am just simply disappointed, that you couldn't come up with something better, despite the fact that these pictures do look damn good.

why is it obvious? i mean it totally couldn't be soviet russia right? you guys just automatically jump on the nazi bandwagon first chance you get. i think you guys just like saying the word "nazi".

all i see is that there is a similar coloration and that is all.

Yes it is that obvious and no it couldn't be soviet russia. Google the uniforms used if you don't know them. Again I do not much care about the nazi stuff itself, but yes again is sooooo fucking obvious if you have ever seen Gestapo uniform.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
"
So act 5 is heavily inspired by Kung Fury & Iron Sky ehh?!
Inb4 we get some "nazi soldiers" riding rhoas and such...

Hahahahahahhaa dude I wish I could upvote your post.

On topic: Art looks fantastic, excited about the final 3d models in game.

At first I thought it was Maramoa in the last pic, good to know there are more karui for us to meet.
"
KDBW_ger wrote:

To you "Political Correctness is cancer" -guys.

I won't argue that you can't do something like this, you surely can. But if you do something like this it just means, that you're a huge prick and give a shit about history and people.

what is your point? you cant mention the german past or build refereances to it?

its not like act 5 is bergen belsen and we going farm gold teeths.
there is a difference between a reference on a thematic and a testless exploit on a thema like this.

we got only a few pictures that just could concept art. and its well knownt that they mixed ns and colonial fragments into the ebony legion. i see those showcase more as a signal for those who fear that poe will lose its edgy corners with this big jump for china and xbox.
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
germans realy do care about there death jews, but also they will give money to every ngo that calls out for boycott of israeli products or directly pays those palestinian warlords.

my point is that those outcalled morals are just sentimentalities, they dont realy care about more them themself and how they feel about things.
I will be LOLing hard if we find this pic in artbook with note like
"This was our first concept art of blackguards, but was rejected because design was too similar to real german uniforms from WWII"

BTW I did not think immediately about nazism when I saw it. My thought: "WTF? Bondage fetish in PoE?"
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Awesome :D
Ok, so black/red with armbands is jarringly out of context, but the Greek/Roman thing is exactly right?

So right it barely got a mention?

We go from a beach to woods to caves basically in acts I and II for the most part with animal/wandering packs of humanoids, and then in act III ruins and soldiers show up looking pretty Roman to me.

Nobody says a word about that, though I personally found it a bit jarring at first, I didn't come on the forum and whine about it, and now it doesn't seem out of place a bit.

I imagine if you haven't been playing the game since before act III came out you don't even notice the shift really.

(Nobody was shocked and horrified imagining this disrespected the Pope I notice btw.)

Especially since act IV went even further in that direction. For which I felt a little let down actually, was expecting and looking forward to another ambiance shift.

Then I see what looks like it might be one, and the next thing I read are a bunch of people freaking out because of something that has nothing to do with them - and that really doesn't apply without a batch of fuzzy logic.

How to you ever expect there to be any creativity at all in the world if you go on like this?

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
Last edited by AlteraxPoe on Feb 9, 2017, 6:22:50 PM
"
kobrakhan wrote:
"
KDBW_ger wrote:

To you "Political Correctness is cancer" -guys.

I won't argue that you can't do something like this, you surely can. But if you do something like this it just means, that you're a huge prick and give a shit about history and people.

what is your point? you cant mention the german past or build refereances to it?

its not like act 5 is bergen belsen and we going farm gold teeths.
there is a difference between a reference on a thematic and a testless exploit on a thema like this.

we got only a few pictures that just could concept art. and its well knownt that they mixed ns and colonial fragments into the ebony legion. i see those showcase more as a signal for those who fear that poe will lose its edgy corners with this big jump for china and xbox.

This game is done anyway, enjoy your tasteless garbage, kid.
"
KDBW_ger wrote:
hurr durr

ok, thanks, best wishes!
Where and when we can buy it?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info