[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Looks like they made another slight change to the tree, but the tree you have for the guide you made I believe is still a lot better.

I was at work all day wondering what replaces the shield.

I got home and imported the new Path of Building under the heading "ALTERNATIVE FINAL TREE AS NECROMANCER WITHOUT SHIELD" Except it has Rathpith Globe as default. :)

What is the replacement? Just another clayshaper?

Had a lot of fun in the guild since joining but need to go group with some friends this league. Maybe be back in the future.

Take Care.

I know this is probably not wanted just right now but was thinking is there a possibly really good watcher's eye working off discipline that would be op for this build?
I'm 65 years old and it is my first uber elder kill, used all my portals but i got him in the end. Wonder if a watchers eye would help in that fight?

CYALL tomorrow in new league.
Thanks Mika.
"
sumfight wrote:
Looks like they made another slight change to the tree, but the tree you have for the guide you made I believe is still a lot better.

Hey :)

GGG sure seems to listen to Reddit with last minute tree and minion gem changes. The nodes is now a bit better, but still requires 3x nodes to get all 8% resistances.

New tree is still looking better. We gain tons of resistances for almost free. At least the right side is now good backup if there will be another change ;)

"
I was at work all day wondering what replaces the shield.

I got home and imported the new Path of Building under the heading "ALTERNATIVE FINAL TREE AS NECROMANCER WITHOUT SHIELD" Except it has Rathpith Globe as default. :)

What is the replacement? Just another clayshaper?

Had a lot of fun in the guild since joining but need to go group with some friends this league. Maybe be back in the future.

Take Care.

Hello :)

Thanks for notices, there was error in the linked Pob!

The alternative tree has minions using charges, Bone Offering changed to Flesh Offering and Ascendancy changed. Nothing massive but I figured it would be good to post is independently for players who chose to not take shield and Bone Offering. I also changed the variants name to be clearer.

It was great to have you in the guild. I wish you best of luck with your friends in the new guild and hopefully we will meet again :)

"
I know this is probably not wanted just right now but was thinking is there a possibly really good watcher's eye working off discipline that would be op for this build?
I'm 65 years old and it is my first uber elder kill, used all my portals but i got him in the end. Wonder if a watchers eye would help in that fight?

CYALL tomorrow in new league.
Thanks Mika.

Hi :)

Gz on Uber Elder kill! \o/

There are some useful Watchers Eyes but they tend to cost a lot. Best lines are :
- (20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline
- (1.5-2.5)% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline
- (30-40)% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge while affected by Discipline
- Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity (Swap Storm Brand to Clarity lvl 1)

Watchers eye mainly makes keeping ES up easier, but will not make build tankier. Expect the clarity line, where you can gain 1k more ES with good gear.

I'm guessing best bet to make fight easier will be to see if new "King Maker" equipped to Animate Guardian gives whole party Fortify. If it works, build can potentially tank lot more end game boss hits.

Your gear looks great already so there's not much to improve purely but upgrading it. For the boss fight you can make some changes to boos defenses :
- Drop curses and use "Purity of Ice"
- Change shield to "Kaltensoul"
- Equip Granite Flask and Sapphire Flask for the fight

Elder and Shaper deal about half of the damage as cold, so stacking cold res makes the fight a lot easier. Shaper deals equal amount of fire damage, so Kaltensoul also helps a lot against Shapers beam.

Cu in the league in the evening ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Thanks for the in-depth reply on zombies/srs Mika! Good luck to you this league.

"

I would do Ice Golems also if GGG only released physical projectile based Specter / Golem. I love mixing minions for separate tasks and Ice Golems are excellent single target and deal about same damage as Tukohama Vanguards. Problem is that there are no physical projectile based monsters yet that be used with them to clear mobs from further away to keep clear speed up. I could ofc mix Solar Guards with Ice Golems but then it would be Flame Golems + Tukohamas with switched roles using SGs + Ice Golems.

Just wanted to second Mika's opinion that Ice Golems dont mix with other minions nearly as well as flames.

I've worked really hard to come up with a Necromancer tree for an Ice build for several leagues now, but like Mika said, until we get a physical projectile spectre similar to summon phantasm there just isn't the same synergy with Ice + Spectre as with Flames + TV's. Without access to a good ranged spectre for clearing, Ice Golems really depend more on minion movement speed since they can't deal damage until they're in melee range, this makes gearing requirements without primordial chain significantly more complicated.

As much as I want to play with Animate Guardian's new toy, i really can't recommend to anyone who wants to use friends going Ice + friends | rather than Flames + Friends. Flames is just so much better in our 4-6 golem variants.

If despite all of that your heart is dead set on going Ice Golems and you still want to play with other toys, look into either Phantasm's or Dancing Duo as they were the best I played with and have the most synergy for map clearing with Ice.
UPDATE

I finally got the axe to test on Animate Guardian!

To my surprise the new lines didn't replace the older lines but rather added on top of them.

The Axe works great and all nearby allies (players, minions, totems, etc) get :
- 30% Extra rarity,
- Culling strike,
- 50% Crit multiplier
- Permanent fortify

Link to picture

The range is semi-limited to about 1/3-1/2 screen, but with enough minion movement speed Animate Guardian is following near you and the buff is permanent.

However AG itself wont get the buff as it only grants it to allies, so AG has to be linked with minion life / Empower to use it in Uber Elder fight.

The axe is however strongest buff to build this league and now build can be even more useful in parties \o/
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 9, 2019, 3:47:18 PM
Nice guide. How do you think that golem necklace would work on this build?
"
Just wanted to second Mika's opinion that Ice Golems dont mix with other minions nearly as well as flames.

I've worked really hard to come up with a Necromancer tree for an Ice build for several leagues now, but like Mika said, until we get a physical projectile spectre similar to summon phantasm there just isn't the same synergy with Ice + Spectre as with Flames + TV's. Without access to a good ranged spectre for clearing, Ice Golems really depend more on minion movement speed since they can't deal damage until they're in melee range, this makes gearing requirements without primordial chain significantly more complicated.

As much as I want to play with Animate Guardian's new toy, i really can't recommend to anyone who wants to use friends going Ice + friends | rather than Flames + Friends. Flames is just so much better in our 4-6 golem variants.

If despite all of that your heart is dead set on going Ice Golems and you still want to play with other toys, look into either Phantasm's or Dancing Duo as they were the best I played with and have the most synergy for map clearing with Ice.

Sorry for not noticing your post. I was too excited about getting the axe and for it to work like I imagined :/

Yep, Necromancer tree is pretty hard to work with minions that we have atm. I guess that Zombies pair best with Ice Golems atm, but they just add same amount of damage as extra Ice Golems would do. Zombies also die lot easier in endgame bosses.

I guess adding Vaal summon Skeletons with Bone Scupltor Ascendancy and minion damage helmet could boost physical damage massively for short duration. New bosses however have lot of phases which makes it less ideal.

I have tinkered with Pob from time to time and testing Ice Golems, but I usually end with about same boss damage as your build has. My guess is that Ice Golems DPS caps near 400-500k DPS per Golem and about same limit can be reached by going either HP / MOM / ES /Hybrid and with Auras or curses.

Golems have strange history with lots of trial and error :
- Golems could kill bosses while you were dead (Fixed)
- Golems had bugged cooldown from Harmonies (Adopted as feature rather than fixed)
- Chaos Golems could kill Shaper in seconds with poison (Triple nerfed to the ground)
- Ice Golems were designed to use Cold projectile skill (Now replaced Stone Golems as physical Golems in 99% of cases)
- Lightning Golems are only nearly balanced Golems with mediocre damage, but no buffs or nerfs (Unchanged)
- Stone Golems are just bad (Unchanged)

I hope that Stone Golems get redesigned to be physical projectile based in the future. This would make using Primordial Chain much easier and boost clear speed with Ice Golems a lot. Anyway I think that there will be changed in the future as rest of the Golems search their place and GGG seems interesting in developing Golems thanks to Elementalist and Primordial Chain.

"
Zeros wrote:

Thanks for support ^^

Primodrial Chains works well with Flame Golems especially if you go for Elementalist Variant. It's quite expensive in the league atm, so leveling with Specters is much cheaper.

Flame Golems don't have best AI in boss fight and will spam weaker spells close range which is why Tukohama Specters were added. However running only Flame Golems with Ice + Lightning Golem still gets the boss killed quite fast, so the DPS loss is not that bad. Extra Flame Golems also clear faster than Tukohamas.

using Vertex helmet instead of minion helmet has been popular with Elementalists that want to use Chain.
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 10, 2019, 11:59:23 AM
"
mika2salo wrote:
"

Sorry for not noticing your post. I was too excited about getting the axe and for it to work like I imagined :/

Yep, Necromancer tree is pretty hard to work with minions that we have atm. I guess that Zombies pair best with Ice Golems atm, but they just add same amount of damage as extra Ice Golems would do. Zombies also die lot easier in endgame bosses.

I guess adding Vaal summon Skeletons with Bone Scupltor Ascendancy and minion damage helmet could boost physical damage massively for short duration. New bosses however have lot of phases which makes it less ideal.

I have tinkered with Pob from time to time and testing Ice Golems, but I usually end with about same boss damage as your build has. My guess is that Ice Golems DPS caps near 400-500k DPS per Golem and about same limit can be reached by going either HP / MOM / ES /Hybrid and with Auras or curses.

Golems have strange history with lots of trial and error :
- Golems could kill bosses while you were dead (Fixed)
- Golems had bugged cooldown from Harmonies (Adopted as feature rather than fixed)
- Chaos Golems could kill Shaper in seconds with poison (Triple nerfed to the ground)
- Ice Golems were designed to use Cold projectile skill (Now replaced Stone Golems as physical Golems in 99% of cases)
- Lightning Golems are only nearly balanced Golems with mediocre damage, but no buffs or nerfs (Unchanged)
- Stone Golems are just bad (Unchanged)

I hope that Stone Golems get redesigned to be physical projectile based in the future. This would make using Primordial Chain much easier and boost clear speed with Ice Golems a lot. Anyway I think that there will be changed in the future as rest of the Golems search their place and GGG seems interesting in developing Golems thanks to Elementalist and Primordial Chain.

"
Zeros wrote:

Thanks for support ^^

Primodrial Chains works well with Flame Golems especially if you go for Elementalist Variant. It's quite expensive in the league atm, so leveling with Specters is much cheaper.

Flame Golems don't have best AI in boss fight and will spam weaker spells close range which is why Tukohama Specters were added. However running only Flame Golems with Ice + Lightning Golem still gets the boss killed quite fast, so the DPS loss is not that bad. Extra Flame Golems also clear faster than Tukohamas.

using Vertex helmet instead of minion helmet has been popular with Elementalists that want to use Chain.

How about using primordial neclace as necromancer? Atm im running zombies and spectres, the way I see it is that i could use golems way earlier if i wear the neclace?
"
How about using primordial neclace as necromancer? Atm im running zombies and spectres, the way I see it is that i could use golems way earlier if i wear the neclace?

The necklace is very expensive this league so I wouldn't recommend this.

Spectres are going to be better earlier than golems as a Necromancer with +1 spectre talent and 100/100 ascendancy. Spectres are great as soon as you have level 20 desecrate/spectre, whereas Golems don't start to hit their stride until you start stacking all of your gems and +levels.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Mar 10, 2019, 2:20:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info