[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Thanks for testing it out. Was hoping it would do more than that.

Don't think I'll do level 100 or 40/40 again this league, but really looking forward to the league, thanks for making it easier on all of us.

Thanks for support ^^

I think I might join the league after all. I will be testing how well leveling with strictly Elementalist + Primordial Chains compares to Solar Guard Specs and how high tier the Golems will be effective / staying alive.

Cu in the league and let's have a good one ;)

"
Was wondering how league budget friendly this build is? I'm really interested in playing a summoner build this league and this one looks great, but I don't want to have to wait until I farm up a bunch of currency before I can get it going.

"
Honestly, 5x Flame golems will carry you through the first week while you farm currency for the jewels and pieces of gear. Clayshapers and neck are priority number 1.

Hi :)

Build starts as closer to Spectre Necromancer, which can push maps up to T13+ with about 20c budget in total. You need Vis Mortis with any number of sockets, Bones of Ullr, Midnight Bargain and pseudo 6-link elder helmet to put Solar Guard Specs in and they will carry you to endgame even without Golems.

You can add Golems at any time you have enough currency farmed and don't need to improve gear to stay alive while leveling. Golems + Specters are better combination for fast clear speed and boss killing, but just Specters can do very good job alone.

Primordial Chain is another way to level up. Elementalist will most likely be best variant for this as you get extra Golems. You can swap Ascendancy later for Necromancer if you want. You can also add Specters to Elementalist if you swap amulet later or stay purely on Golems.

"
Hey guys,

i stoped poe ago one league and i'm wondering about two things :

Firstly : does this build works in standard also or only in league ?

Secondly, what do you think about the primordial chain instead of chayulah amu ?

Finaly, i'm looking for the safer golem build with capacity of doing every content, is it your ?

Also i didn't understound about the ascendency, is necromancien the best one at end game?

Thanks for time and for the build.

Azure41.

Hey :)

Welcome back to Poe!

Build works as well in both standard and league. I play it mostly in standard but guild plays it leagues.

Primordial Chains is great amulet especially for leveling, but I cannot recommend it for the endgame (T13+ maps). Golems start to die in boss fights thanks to lower HP from the amulet. Flame Golems AI is also not the best, so they don't use their best spell in boss fights all the time. That's why Tukohama Specters are excellent addition for high speed boss killing.

The build is very safe as it's built for 1-handed playstyle. Most stuff is automated or passive, so you need to move and press Phase Run once in a while. If you like to do all map content and run random vaaled maps I'd say my build is excellent. If you want to focus more on delving / endgame bossing, then Ice Golems are also excellent option as they have great single target damage.

I recommend starting with Necromancer as it's easiest to level and cheapest in gear. You can swap to other Ascendancies later for 40 regrets and skill-trees are almost identical, so it's possible to test all Ascendancies for very cheap.

Hope this answered all ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Thanks for info mika2salo.

Indeed, when i played i was playing molten strike build but survivability on boss and clear speed wasn't realy good.

So just checking for the build the more powerfull but more important the tankier possible to not die, that's for why i was looking for summoner, but don't qwant have 54315343513 mobs in my screen, for why i was comming here with golems :)

Also i'll play only in standard ( my happyness is to try every fun build, so don t want to be poor every few months :p) but for that i need atleast one build who can do every content alone.

You have an idea in wich one will match to this need ? ( any char)

Sorry for this little off topic ;)

Also my two mate where realy happy about playing your build when i gave them the items ( ago one or two league)

So thanks for all :)
Last edited by Azure41 on Mar 7, 2019, 8:09:38 AM
This is a great build for starting from nothing and building an Endgame character cheaply but if you want something with not a lot happening on your screen at any time you may be disappointed. With all the totems and flame spam it's often very hard to see what's going on. So if the reason you did not want Minion build was to reduce screen clutter you might not be happy with this one either ;)
"
Sabahl wrote:
This is a great build for starting from nothing and building an Endgame character cheaply but if you want something with not a lot happening on your screen at any time you may be disappointed. With all the totems and flame spam it's often very hard to see what's going on. So if the reason you did not want Minion build was to reduce screen clutter you might not be happy with this one either ;)

Indeed... the build cost isn't important since i play in standard, but i'm checking for a all content tanky funny build.

And if possible i don't fall sick like when i played with flicker strike, that's why i don't want a lot of things in my screen :p

But thanks for your answer, any idea in a build who could match to my needs ?
"
Azure41 wrote:
Thanks for info mika2salo.

Indeed, when i played i was playing molten strike build but survivability on boss and clear speed wasn't realy good.

So just checking for the build the more powerfull but more important the tankier possible to not die, that's for why i was looking for summoner, but don't qwant have 54315343513 mobs in my screen, for why i was comming here with golems :)

Also i'll play only in standard ( my happyness is to try every fun build, so don t want to be poor every few months :p) but for that i need atleast one build who can do every content alone.

You have an idea in wich one will match to this need ? ( any char)

Sorry for this little off topic ;)

Also my two mate where realy happy about playing your build when i gave them the items ( ago one or two league)

So thanks for all :)

"

"
Indeed... the build cost isn't important since i play in standard, but i'm checking for a all content tanky funny build.

And if possible i don't fall sick like when i played with flicker strike, that's why i don't want a lot of things in my screen :p

But thanks for your answer, any idea in a build who could match to my needs ?

Hey :)

If you want less stuff on the screen or you are playing with laptop, Ice Golems may be good option. Flame Golems + TV Specs have clear speed advantage but at the cost of screen being full of projectiles from time to time.

Golems are excellent play-style and both Flame and Ice Golems are very strong. I can strongly recommend both if you want to try summoner play-style.

UPDATE

- Just updated leveling guide to include both Path of Buildings and online versions. I added example gems and gear with socket colors for each level range for all steps. Gems are level 1 in all cases as it makes it easier to check when at what level they can be equipped.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 7, 2019, 11:14:06 AM
Thanks for the answer.

What i loved much in your build is the capacity to tank and block while boosting party with the shield.

I see several ice golem build in forum, do you have one to propose me maybe ?

Also i don't realy like raise spectre like summons in diablo 2.

Can i find a build who mix all of that ? good at boss killing, good tanker, correct average clear speed in map.

Survivability is the key of my needs ;)

thanks so much for the time you give to me :)
"

Seconded. If it is not TOO much work (I do realize that extra effort will be needed) can we get a ice golem version of this as well?

Again, if's its too much of a hassle or if it's too much away from the core build then I understand.
Last edited by gtetrakai on Mar 7, 2019, 3:09:13 PM
Hey Mika, hope things in flame golem land are going well!

What do you think of the new SRS/Zombie changes for leveling? Normally i've been recommending people level arc/storm brand but i'm thinking about going srs+zombie friends this time around with their 100% accuracy buff.

Will the scorching ray change effect Tukohama's?
Last edited by Utopian238 on Mar 7, 2019, 4:13:51 PM
"
Utopian238 wrote:

nope
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
"
Azure41 wrote:
Thanks for the answer.

What i loved much in your build is the capacity to tank and block while boosting party with the shield.

Also i don't realy like raise spectre like summons in diablo 2.

Can i find a build who mix all of that ? good at boss killing, good tanker, correct average clear speed in map.

Survivability is the key of my needs ;)

thanks so much for the time you give to me :)

"
Seconded. If it is not TOO much work (I do realize that extra effort will be needed) can we get a ice golem version of this as well?

Again, if's its too much of a hassle or if it's too much away from the core build then I understand.

Hello :)

Yep, one of the goals with build was to create semi-aurabot that can help parties with insanely high Temporal Chains, Elemental Weakness and misc buffs / debuff from minions and Animate Guardians. Tukohama Specs, combustion and Animate Guardians -8% fire res debuff are all global for anyone else in party using fire skills ;)

I can recommend "Utopian238"s Snowybois. He's old Flame Golemancer and hes build is very solid. He also answers and updated thread constantly, so that would be good place to start.

I would do Ice Golems also if GGG only released physical projectile based Specter / Golem. I love mixing minions for separate tasks and Ice Golems are excellent single target and deal about same damage as Tukohama Vanguards. Problem is that there are no physical projectile based monsters yet that be used with them to clear mobs from further away to keep clear speed up. I could ofc mix Solar Guards with Ice Golems but then it would be Flame Golems + Tukohamas with switched roles using SGs + Ice Golems.

"
Hey Mika, hope things in flame golem land are going well!

What do you think of the new SRS/Zombie changes for leveling? Normally i've been recommending people level arc/storm brand but i'm thinking about going srs+zombie friends this time around with their 100% accuracy buff.

"
nope

Hey! :D

Everything is great at Flame Golems, hope its also going good with Ice Golems. At least AG got new insane 2-hander, Ele Weak lowers 6.5% more boss resistances now and Convocation has only 2 seconds cooldown with Necromancer.

The zombie / SRS buff seems excellent for leveling. SRS and Zombies are already very strong for leveling once you get them enough regen. Zombies can tank almost all bosses up to T13 and SRS have been effective even with lower accuracy.

They are not the absolutely fastest way to level, but they sure are cheap and safe. They tank and draw aggro so well that there are rarely deaths. Once I get access to Flame Sentinels, I usually drop SRS but I might keep them this time as 3rd minion to see how good DPS they have with added accuracy.

I can recommend using them for leveling, but only if you can take minion damage nodes and give them enough regen to stay alive. Necromantic Aegis with Springleaf or using Shaper's Seed is usually enough. However without minion damage nodes or regen their damage is mediocre at best, at least until now

There's problem using self-cast skills that if you level with insanely OP one, the transition from that skill to minions can feel very painful. Minions are always much slower than FOTM skill. Using minions to level keeps whole build more cohesive.

Scorching Ray change should not affect TV specs. I think SR can now we used instead of Winter Orb with TV Specs to apply elemental exposure on top of TVs debuff. Newly added Storm Brand in CWDT should keep EE up most of the time if you get hit once in a while.

Golems are going to be awesome again this league ;)
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 7, 2019, 6:00:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info