[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
dardory wrote:
Thanks for the build. I m easily farming t12-14 with crappy rare at lvl 89.

I Made 1 modification : i dropped CWDT-Convocation-Discipline for a manual convocation + vaal discipline + vaal summon skeleton in off hand.
i was often waiting to get hit so my flames golems would TP to me, i did not like it.
Vaal disc + Vaal skele for regen and meatshield on boss.

"
I just want to say, thank you very much for creating this guide, I am a returning player, and there are tonnes of new stuff for me, and you have made my life a lot easier!! Thank you!

I would like to kindly ask you guys to give me some feed backs on my progress so far ! I am playing on Delve, at the moment the only Pressence of Chayula with additional curse is at 3mirror..... so I highly doubt I will be buying that!

so is there any other options on the boot slots?

I am currently playing the necromancer tree, with the skeleton setup! I just want to ask Am i missing out a lot? for not playing offering? (I chose skeletons cause I love the feel of a true summoner!) Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Please let me know what I can improve on!

https://pastebin.com/Bss460pM

This is my pastebin

Thanks for support ^^

Vaal skels is very nice kill and one of my favorite alternative skills. You might want to run 1x rare abyssal jewel with high blind and taunt chance for minions. With Vaal skeleton numbers the chance gets almost instant and can keep boss busy for whole fight ;)

Offerings are nice, but change playstyle very little. Bone Offering some extra protection, but wont let char to tank. Flesh Offering gives speed boost which is nice for fast clear but not revolutionary.

Changing the boots is tricky as you have +1 level corrupt. The corrupt is very nice boost to both curses, but Bones or Ullrs stats suck otherwise. New boots can give almost 180 ES and dual / triple res with +1 Spec and lot more movement speed, but have not found +1 corrupt ones yet.

Your gear is pretty much standard high-tier. Gz on excellent setup 0_o

You can improve if you find higher EHP rolls or +1 level corrupt / 170+ ES boost with +1 specter. +1 curse Chayula also but it costs pretty much as you said :D

Maybe run Decoy totem instead of Zombies if they start to die too much.

"
Cool build.

How many total golem cd reduction from harmony jewels we need?

Hey :)

I recommend running 4-5 Harmonies at minimum to let Golems cast at good speed. After that easiest setup is to stack only harmonies + Anima + Might as it gives most DPS to Golems.

You can also mix 1-2 rare jewels if you know what you want. I like adding some abilities to minions with Abyssal jewels or maybe run Watchers Eye with Discipline regen line.

"
I went through a lot of pages and found more or less answers to my questions but nothing clear. If I want to play without spectrum is possible? if so, what should I follow? Moreover, can we go far in the end game without spectre? thank you

You can play with only Golems, and its easier now with Primordial Chain amulet. I recommend Elementalist as you will get most bonus to Golems.

I don't have Golems only setup ready, so you have to check with Pob if you want to take minions damage nodes or go for more Harmonies. Both are good and players are happy with either setups, so there's no right or wrong way to go.

UPDATE

We are now 130 member guild thanks to generous donator! \o/
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 2, 2018, 3:43:26 PM
I am playing as a pure golems golemancer elementalist, currently lv 79.
I have some difficulty dealing with single target to map bosses as the golems seem to be not targeting the boss and lacking some damage but clearing map is a walk in a park.
Does anyone have any suggestion for that?
Also, how do i manage the summoning of golems to maximise the effect of primodial might if i summon 7 flame 1 stone 1 lightning and 1 ice golem and with my mana reserved for auras i only have mana to summon the later 3 and not the flame golems.
Thank you.
Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. It has been really fun to play, different to what i have tried before. I want to hit 100 but im not sure i have the patience.

I took down all content in the game solo (shaper guardians can be tricky with OP mods). Can run through corrupted crazy maps like butter deathless without looking at the mods. I haven't been able to pull off Uber Elder deathless just yet but can easily kill him with 1 or 2 deaths.

I did make a few small changes such as rare boots with 35% movement, +1 spectre. I also used Phase run instead of shield charge for much easier and faster mobility (especially for Delve). Quicksilver as well for even more speed.

Here is my gear (only missing +1 chest - doubt ill ever get it, and a better helm/shield) and character (XulGraham)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sixer/characters

Spoiler

"
AweTurtle wrote:
I have some difficulty dealing with single target to map bosses as the golems seem to be not targeting the boss and lacking some damage but clearing map is a walk in a park.
Also, how do i manage the summoning of golems to maximise the effect of primodial might if i summon 7 flame 1 stone 1 lightning and 1 ice golem and with my mana reserved for auras i only have mana to summon the later 3 and not the flame golems.
Thank you.

turn off your aura to summon your flame golems lol. you can always turn it back on later
Last edited by AT_Blitzy on Oct 3, 2018, 1:14:26 AM
"
AweTurtle wrote:

Thank you.

Hi,

Couple of things I noticed.

i/. Golem damage comes from three things really as an elementalist. Stacking primordial harmonies and it seems like you only have 2? The elementalist ascendancy itself. And having high level flame golems.

In your case you have very few primordial harmonies. You probably want to aim for 7 harmonies plus the Anima Stone and the Primordial Might. Then keep grabbing jewel sockets and harmonies as you go.

You only have a lvl 17 flame golem. A level 21 flame golem without quality will cost 3 to 4 chaos and will really help you out with the damage - especially in a Skin of the Loyal. You should buy one ASAP!

ii/. When it comes to maximising the effect of primordial Might frankly we don't typically bother. Once you stack enough harmonies the added micro of trying to continually summon new golems is not worth it. Personally my advice would be to not bother - only re-summon golems if they are in danger of death (or have died). With enough harmonies - 5 or so they really shouldn't be dying too much as the 10% regen will likely be 1000's of life per second for them.

Again grabbing more harmonies will make this build work MUCH better for you.

Lastly, the Death Attunement cluster isn't really that good for pure golems. We would normally pick it up if running spectres. Just grab spiritual command and then another jewel socket in it's place. I would probably even drop the life and minion resistances nodes nearby to try and rush more jewel sockets. It may mean your stone golem is slightly more at risk of dying occasionally but grabbing more jewel sockets and having harmonies in them to give extra regen will certainly balance things out. You can always add it back in later if you want. Really you just need to grab all the jewel sockets you can and put harmonies in them. That really is where your golem damage and survive ability will come from!
I'm 73 atm and i feel like the build starting to become good. Playing as necromancer. I had a hard time till 69... but now with temporal chains and some ok gear the build feels good. A last question: which flaske do you use?
"
Thank you.

"
turn off your aura to summon your flame golems lol. you can always turn it back on later

"
Hi,

Couple of things I noticed.

i/. Golem damage comes from three things really as an elementalist. Stacking primordial harmonies and it seems like you only have 2? The elementalist ascendancy itself. And having high level flame golems.

In your case you have very few primordial harmonies. You probably want to aim for 7 harmonies plus the Anima Stone and the Primordial Might. Then keep grabbing jewel sockets and harmonies as you go.

You only have a lvl 17 flame golem. A level 21 flame golem without quality will cost 3 to 4 chaos and will really help you out with the damage - especially in a Skin of the Loyal. You should buy one ASAP!

ii/. When it comes to maximising the effect of primordial Might frankly we don't typically bother. Once you stack enough harmonies the added micro of trying to continually summon new golems is not worth it. Personally my advice would be to not bother - only re-summon golems if they are in danger of death (or have died). With enough harmonies - 5 or so they really shouldn't be dying too much as the 10% regen will likely be 1000's of life per second for them.

Again grabbing more harmonies will make this build work MUCH better for you.

Lastly, the Death Attunement cluster isn't really that good for pure golems. We would normally pick it up if running spectres. Just grab spiritual command and then another jewel socket in it's place. I would probably even drop the life and minion resistances nodes nearby to try and rush more jewel sockets. It may mean your stone golem is slightly more at risk of dying occasionally but grabbing more jewel sockets and having harmonies in them to give extra regen will certainly balance things out. You can always add it back in later if you want. Really you just need to grab all the jewel sockets you can and put harmonies in them. That really is where your golem damage and survive ability will come from!

Hello :)

Yep, turning aura off lets you cast Golems and then turn it back on.

With dual-Clayshaper, pure Golems Elementalist there are some things to note :

1) Golems alone take some time on boss fights

Their best skill is their magma orb, but they go to melee range and start cycling their weaker attacks.

2) You are missing 45% cast speed with no Victario's Charity

Golems can still deal good damage if they have enough cast speed, but with dual Clayshaper they are missing lot of cast speed to cycle attacks fast enough.

Same penalty from not runnig Flesh Offering.

3) Amulet gives -41% less damage

Once Golems start to cycle their weaker attacks, amulet eats almost half of their damage

All this added, Golems will take their time with bosses, even if they will clear packs very fast with so many Golems.

TV Specs are ran as their damage against bosses is amazing and cast speed bonuses let Golems cycle between casts faster and still help with Boss kills.'

If you want more damage you need to do one or many :

1) Raise Golems level

This boosts their DPS but very expensive at your Golems level.

2) Raise Golems cast speed

Boosts number of casts they have

3) Drop amulet

This boost Golems damage

3.1) Add Specs

If amulet is removed, there's no real reason to not run Specs. TVs almost double boss kills speed.

4) Add more offensive curses

You can swap Temp Chains to Flammability, but this lowers defense quit a bit.

5) Add more Harmonies

This both boosts Golems damage and lets them cast faster as cooldown ends sooner.

Harveys tips are also very good, so combining some form both you should be doing lot more damage soon after ;)

"
Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. It has been really fun to play, different to what i have tried before. I want to hit 100 but im not sure i have the patience.

I took down all content in the game solo (shaper guardians can be tricky with OP mods). Can run through corrupted crazy maps like butter deathless without looking at the mods. I haven't been able to pull off Uber Elder deathless just yet but can easily kill him with 1 or 2 deaths.

I did make a few small changes such as rare boots with 35% movement, +1 spectre. I also used Phase run instead of shield charge for much easier and faster mobility (especially for Delve). Quicksilver as well for even more speed.

Here is my gear (only missing +1 chest - doubt ill ever get it, and a better helm/shield) and character (XulGraham)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sixer/characters

Thanks for support ^^

Glad to hear your are doing good :)

You setup looks very good and boots really are this leagues chase item for the build. Beats Bones of Ullr easily.

Phase Run is also extremely good in Delves. You can add Efficacy to its links if you want it to last 3,5 sec with 4 sec cooldown.

You probable get Uber Elder deathless by the end of league. I recommend adding Purity of Ice and cold res flasks for the fight as they almost halve damage you take.

"
I'm 73 atm and i feel like the build starting to become good. Playing as necromancer. I had a hard time till 69... but now with temporal chains and some ok gear the build feels good. A last question: which flaske do you use?

Flasks are pretty optional.

I recommend running usual anti-burn, freeze, bleed setup with any life / mana / quicksilver combination.

Rumis flask is excellent especially if you go with ES Shield and Bone Offering. Really helps to block some bad kites during boss fights.

5th flask can be extra life, Rumis, armor flask etc that keeps you alive depending what is most dangerous for you in game.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 3, 2018, 1:35:47 PM
"

Thanks for support ^^

Glad to hear your are doing good :)

You setup looks very good and boots really are this leagues chase item for the build. Beats Bones of Ullr easily.

Phase Run is also extremely good in Delves. You can add Efficacy to its links if you want it to last 3,5 sec with 4 sec cooldown.

You probable get Uber Elder deathless by the end of league. I recommend adding Purity of Ice and cold res flasks for the fight as they almost halve damage you take.

Interesting, is Efficacy better than increased duration?

What would you turn off to put Purity of Ice on? I usually just chuck on Yugal and the shield you suggested for the fight but Purity of Ice would be huge.

Would a Bone helm be better? More damage but less ES I think?

"
Interesting, is Efficacy better than increased duration?

What would you turn off to put Purity of Ice on? I usually just chuck on Yugal and the shield you suggested for the fight but Purity of Ice would be huge.

Would a Bone helm be better? More damage but less ES I think?

Hello :)

I mean that you can add Efficacy with Inc dur and move Animate Guardian to ring like

You can turn one or both curses off for Purity of ice as curses are not very effective against endgame bosses. Maybe Ele weak as TC still protects against boss minions.

Bone helmet has nice line, but very low ES as base. This make it more offensive item. You can in theory get almost as good enhancement in pseudo 6-7 link helmet, but i rather take 150+ ES helmet over 40% increased damage.
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 4, 2018, 11:35:31 AM
Ok maybe it's time for me to get some advices too x)
-Cleaned all Shaper's Guard'.
-Up (or down) to Delve 240
-Killed all Elders (did't fight any Uber yet)
-Near cleaned all the Atlas (+GM)

But in Delve i started to feel the pain. I wish i could be more tanky. I was looking at Chayula, ready to loose the 3 Golems. I'll loose some damage (looking at PoB, around 50 000 damage with 4+1+1+1, but maybe i should droop StoneGolem and go for 5+1+1?)
Well, and should i play with a Shield now? IDK...

Another question : still from my PoB i got more DPS with my FG with 1 Eminence than 1 Harmony. Did i miss something about that??
Right now, i use 5 Harmonys, Anima, Might, 1 Eminence and 1 Watcher's eye.

thanks in advance mate x)
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info