[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Mayamystica wrote:

In Gems > Shield charge, it says to keep the Shield charge gem at level 1 as it keeps the mana cost lower but when I had a look at the wiki it said every level costs the same so it seems beneficial to level the gem to gain the speed bonus while charging.
I guess that changed at some point but it seems now its worth levelling.

Hello Mayamystica. i'll try to answer to some of your question, but i won't be able to answer to everything. Excuse my Knowledge is not 100% complete :)
For ShieldCharge, you're right. (I checked PoEWiki)
Mika as a lot to do ans not enough time i guess and this is probably why he didn't checked that before. Thanks to this hightlight. I don't play with SC myself, some other possibilites are available now. I try FlamDash, LightningWrap and PhaseRun. I stick with PhaseRun now (for Delve it's quite usefull) and FD for Cliff/Ledge stuff.

"
Mayamystica wrote:

In Gems > Convocation, it says about keeping convocationg at level 1 to be used by cast when damage taken support.
While its only small it can be taken to level 5 to get a little extra healing buff from the use, increased from 19.2/s to 37.6/s.
While it is negligable, since noticing I've felt compelled to level my gem to 5.

Again, it's right. However i prefer using Convocation myself (so it's a 20/20 Convocation).
Just awesome to help minions placement (for Bubule maker mobs or to stay with me as i'm quite fast) The best would be both, but we are limited in GemSocket so it's up to you. With Cwdt, manually or not. You can do without it too (i played without, but i prefer in manual) ;)

"
Mayamystica wrote:

I would also like to ask your oppinion on afew differences I have, though very minor ones.

In Item > Gear Recommendations > Flasks you recommend 'The Overflowing chalice' as an optional 5th flask, I liked it for a bit but I'm personally not sure about it as I have to loose my shield or take lost of chaos damage to get much use, also I'm not having too much trouble with flask charge gain.

Given so much of the guide is working on energy shield and wearing energy shield boosting gear I've been using a 'The Sorrow of the divine' flask and was wondering on what you thought of it as a 5th especially once chaos resistance is at a decent level I'd assume life damage becomes much more minimal.

It applies Zealots oath while the flask is in effect so the consecrated ground restores energy shield, while I do have to pay more attention to my health for chaos damage as I dont have any chaos resistance items it helps me keep my nice shield buffer up and I'm finding it a very useful flask.

Also another flask I've been using for maps I dont need a mana potion is a Quartz flask which I actually find especially useful for delving as I can run through the groups to keep up with the cart, along with the attack and spell dodge I'm finding getting from delve to delve to be much nicer than my ranger.

Well, again, it's question of taste. The build is versatyle in it's playstyle and can be adapted to nearly every taste. For Elementalist Golemancer (for example) we can TAKE Zealot's Oath for extra ES recharge (we run with StoneGolem, Necro don't. Don't do that if you're Necro/Occu)

Personnaly, i run with PhaseRun+ID+Efficacy. I can be under PhaseRun 90% of the time. The Flask is another option for this effect.
I use a quicksilver (for speed run obviously) Amethyst (with Warding for Chaos damage) Basalt&Granite (with Poison and armor mods) for extra physical mitigation.

"
Mayamystica wrote:

Also, in Levelling > Levelling Skill Tree and Gear > Step 4 - Preparing for Skin of the Loyal and Flame Golems, you say that skittering runes can be dropped if I manage to get a temporal chains lab enchant.
What points do you think are worth getting with those 3 extra points?
I was thinking maybe 'Mind Barrier' to the left of the upper central jewel or 'Alchemist' to the right of that central jewel.

Mind Barrier would give +10% spell block, some extra energy shield and block recovery.

Alchemist would buff potions effect and duration so some extra damage from the sulphur flask, small defence from Rumi etc..

Most of the time, we are going to pick a JewelNode if we can (for more Harmonie, or Jewels like WatcherEyes, AbyssJew with Hinder or stuff like that)
Just an example for the AbyssJew.
I would go for MindBarrier in your case if a JewelNode isn't possible. EHP and survivability is our main focus in endgame. (the node only increase Shield's ES tho) Every good node with ES>Life are a good pick (looking at the little nodes with life/chaos rez for example) but ES is the first priority. Devotion isn't bad too, since we need Stats like everyone. Giving it with 14%life and a litle 3% Effect for Discipline. Why not?

"
Mayamystica wrote:

(I assume it wouldnt be worth buying/making a really good shield then rolling the dice with a vaal orb to try and hit the right corruption)

Only at the end, when you don't have anything to upgrade ;) Then you're going to buy expensive stuff and try to Vaal it. Or you buy it. But you do that at the end.
Hope this will help you, Mika should be here later to cover the rest of your question :)
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
"
Thank you for the advice! I bought presence last night. I am up to 1779 hp and 4720ES. I droped the extra gems and Spiritual Command/Sacrifice. took nullification and Constitution. I'll see how it runs tonight! I can't really upgrade my rares yet cause presence tapped my monies for now. But now i know what to look for in an upgrade for rings ect. Thank you!

Thanks for support ^^

Hope you have smooth sailing after the upgrades ;)

"
Hi, Im currently playing through this build and absolutely love it, its my first league playing and I'm realling enjoying it though I did have to level another character as I found zombies abit boring once I got to maps and I couldnt afford the gems to be able to summon enough golems.
However once I got enough I swapped back and am really enjoying the style of play and how in-depth your guide is for levelling.

The whole levelling section was invaluable to me and the section covering the stats I needed to prioritise was especially helpful to me given I'm still learning the game, thank you so much for writing such an in-depth guide.

I have noticed afew bits of the guide are it seems out of date a tad so I thought I'd say so your aware,

In Gems > Shield charge, it says to keep the Shield charge gem at level 1 as it keeps the mana cost lower but when I had a look at the wiki it said every level costs the same so it seems beneficial to level the gem to gain the speed bonus while charging.
I guess that changed at some point but it seems now its worth levelling.

In Gems > Convocation, it says about keeping convocationg at level 1 to be used by cast when damage taken support.
While its only small it can be taken to level 5 to get a little extra healing buff from the use, increased from 19.2/s to 37.6/s.
While it is negligable, since noticing I've felt compelled to level my gem to 5.

In Gems > Animate Guardian under the header 'Applying Second Curse With Animate Guardian', you talk about using melee splash corruption to let the guardian apply hit curse on hit to multiple enemies.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that corruption doesnt exist anymore, in delve atleast.
The 2 corruptions I can see as being useful but in a must lesser way are +15-20% area of effect to apply elemental equilibrium faster or +5-7% increased attack speed to speed up movement with shield charge.

I would also like to ask your oppinion on afew differences I have, though very minor ones.

In Item > Gear Recommendations > Flasks you recommend 'The Overflowing chalice' as an optional 5th flask, I liked it for a bit but I'm personally not sure about it as I have to loose my shield or take lost of chaos damage to get much use, also I'm not having too much trouble with flask charge gain.

Given so much of the guide is working on energy shield and wearing energy shield boosting gear I've been using a 'The Sorrow of the divine' flask and was wondering on what you thought of it as a 5th especially once chaos resistance is at a decent level I'd assume life damage becomes much more minimal.

It applies Zealots oath while the flask is in effect so the consecrated ground restores energy shield, while I do have to pay more attention to my health for chaos damage as I dont have any chaos resistance items it helps me keep my nice shield buffer up and I'm finding it a very useful flask.

Also another flask I've been using for maps I dont need a mana potion is a Quartz flask which I actually find especially useful for delving as I can run through the groups to keep up with the cart, along with the attack and spell dodge I'm finding getting from delve to delve to be much nicer than my ranger.

Also, in Levelling > Levelling Skill Tree and Gear > Step 4 - Preparing for Skin of the Loyal and Flame Golems, you say that skittering runes can be dropped if I manage to get a temporal chains lab enchant.
What points do you think are worth getting with those 3 extra points?

I was thinking maybe 'Mind Barrier' to the left of the upper central jewel or 'Alchemist' to the right of that central jewel.

Mind Barrier would give +10% spell block, some extra energy shield and block recovery.

Alchemist would buff potions effect and duration so some extra damage from the sulphur flask, small defence from Rumi etc..

Im probably not even looking at the best place to put them but they both seemed solid to me at least.

Also, you recommend a shield with High spell block for defence, I havent been using necrotic aegis for quite a while now as I felt I needed the defence.

I have noticed that your shields have higher spell block which caused me to trawl through alot of wiki pages to find out that spell block changed and it seems you cant get quite as much any more
(I'd also assume that to be correct considering your comment in Item > Gear Recommendations > Flasks, saying Rumis gives so much to block, if I've mis-understood it I do apologise).

So, my question is, is it worth getting a Rathpith Globe (or quite a few) and trying for the corruption to boost spell block which wiki and poeaffix both say gives a percentage of block to spell block but delve patch notes say it gives +4-5% now.

Or would it be better to have the 12% block and get a higher energy shield boosting shield instead? (I assume it wouldnt be worth buying/making a really good shield then rolling the dice with a vaal orb to try and hit the right corruption)

Thanks so much again for the guide its so easy to read and understand.
Sorry if I sound abit noob-ish but as I said it is my first league and to be honest I only started playing as it was free and I needed something to take my mind off of my cold a month or 2 ago and have been addicted ever since.

Edit: Sorry extra thought, its mentioned above that zealots oath is useful for this league.
Would it be worth going up the right side for Wispers of doom and then only taking the first small node by Skittering Runes for 3x +5% increased curse effect instead of 1x 15% and 1x5% to free up a point for Zealots Oath?
That would then make The overflowing chalice alot better I think as it would keep Rumis full and regen shield like Sorrow of the divine for a small drop in curse effect.

"
Hello Mayamystica. i'll try to answer to some of your question, but i won't be able to answer to everything. Excuse my Knowledge is not 100% complete :)
For ShieldCharge, you're right. (I checked PoEWiki)
Mika as a lot to do ans not enough time i guess and this is probably why he didn't checked that before. Thanks to this hightlight. I don't play with SC myself, some other possibilites are available now. I try FlamDash, LightningWrap and PhaseRun. I stick with PhaseRun now (for Delve it's quite usefull) and FD for Cliff/Ledge stuff.

Thanks for support ^^

Really helps when someone posts corrections as I have quite limited time and guide is pretty long to maintain. I fixed the Shield Charge and removed level 1 requirement. Will add later lvl 20 one as recommendation.

"
Again, it's right. However i prefer using Convocation myself (so it's a 20/20 Convocation).
Just awesome to help minions placement (for Bubule maker mobs or to stay with me as i'm quite fast) The best would be both, but we are limited in GemSocket so it's up to you. With Cwdt, manually or not. You can do without it too (i played without, but i prefer in manual) ;)

For Convocation, I think I will have to leave the level to 1. The benefit in raising it is minimal and mana is very limited, so extra levels are not worth much. I had earlier mid-level requirements, but many players went over the limit and I spent a lot of time fixing gems leves. Easier to leave either 1 or 20.

"
Well, again, it's question of taste. The build is versatyle in it's playstyle and can be adapted to nearly every taste. For Elementalist Golemancer (for example) we can TAKE Zealot's Oath for extra ES recharge (we run with StoneGolem, Necro don't. Don't do that if you're Necro/Occu)

Personnaly, i run with PhaseRun+ID+Efficacy. I can be under PhaseRun 90% of the time. The Flask is another option for this effect.
I use a quicksilver (for speed run obviously) Amethyst (with Warding for Chaos damage) Basalt&Granite (with Poison and armor mods) for extra physical mitigation.

Life regen is kept mainly to negate defen of chaos ground. This can become really annoying in high tier maps when health flask has to be used constantly without normal HP regen. "The Sorrow of the Divine" is ok to use, but the Consecrated Ground effect are is very limited. I wont recommend staying in it for long and normal 1-2% regen to ES is barely noticable during flask effect.

Quartz flask is very nice if you have already anti-freeze, burn, bleed and Rumis. One way to use Phasing even better is to run Phase Run -> Increased Duration -> Efficacy instead of Shield charge. Together with Temp Chains the -80% aggro keeps you very safe ;)

"
Most of the time, we are going to pick a JewelNode if we can (for more Harmonie, or Jewels like WatcherEyes, AbyssJew with Hinder or stuff like that)

Verified

I would go for MindBarrier in your case if a JewelNode isn't possible. EHP and survivability is our main focus in endgame. (the node only increase Shield's ES tho) Every good node with ES>Life are a good pick (looking at the little nodes with life/chaos rez for example) but ES is the first priority. Devotion isn't bad too, since we need Stats like everyone. Giving it with 14%life and a litle 3% Effect for Discipline. Why not?

Spell block is not most useful thing to stack as Physical damage is biggest problem. Ele res is 75% as other builds but armor is almost 0%. This means that we can take quite a beating from elemental damage, but very few shots from Physical. Most spells are elemental, so extra block against them is good, but maybe not best.

I would maybe go for "Cruel Preparations" for extra HP and ele res. "Devotion" is also very nice HP boost.

I fixed old block & from Rumis in flask section, thx for notice :)

Spell block changed in 3.4 and some items had legacy versions. This means that its much harder to get spell block on items, but it make Bone Offering and Rumi even more important. Luckily patch didn't change normal against physical attacks.

I think any combination with shield stats with high end gear. You can get crazy high ES shield to boost EHP or try to raise Spell block as high as possible. Both have its benefits.

"
Only at the end, when you don't have anything to upgrade ;) Then you're going to buy expensive stuff and try to Vaal it. Or you buy it. But you do that at the end.
Hope this will help you, Mika should be here later to cover the rest of your question :)

I would not gamble with Vaals unless your extremely rich. Chance to get right one is about 1/100 and completely random. Better just buy one or use good non-corrupted.

I fixed also the Animate Guardian "melee splash" corrupt. Seems it has also gone legacy. Area of effect is nice to boost curse range. Even onslaught can trigger once in a while as damage over time kills are give to players even if minions are doing the kill.

I would not take Zealots, myself as I get annoyed by chaos ground degen. However some guild members have gone for ES regen and have stacked it to 5-10% which keeps them alive in toughest boss battles. Gear ofc costs astronomically at this point.

Very nice and detailed message. Hope you are now healthy from your cold ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
"
KouboMog wrote:
I don't play with SC myself, some other possibilites are available now. I try FlamDash, LightningWrap and PhaseRun. I stick with PhaseRun now (for Delve it's quite usefull) and FD for Cliff/Ledge stuff.

Sounds interesting to try out different movement abilities, I had a look at phase run and it looks nice but the main issue is not being able to attack while phasing. With the flask I can use it, shield charge into a group, storm burst to get bone offering and elemental equilibrium up then charge away while still phasing which is quite fun i think.
I also noticed that 'adds x to y elemental type damage to attacks' applied to shield charge so charging into loads gets elemental equilibrium up without needing to pause.
Though I may have a go with them and find out what I like best.

"
KouboMog wrote:
However i prefer using Convocation myself (so it's a 20/20 Convocation).

I may give it a go having both if I can find a decent unset ring but otherwise I'll probably just keep it on cast when damaged as I havent had any issues with my minions not being there yet. Thanks for the tip.

"
KouboMog wrote:
Verified

Thanks for the info, I have changed my belt to a stygian vise and put in a jewel which gives damage when I use a minion skill as bone offering counts as a minion skill. The versatility of those gems seems so nice but I suppose thats countered a little by the drop in energy shield compared to a crystal belt.

"
mika2salo wrote:
Really helps when someone posts corrections as I have quite limited time and guide is pretty long to maintain.

Really glad I can help, its a fantastic guide and has made it really easy for me to get into the game and understand what im doing while placing those points and getting the gear.

"
mika2salo wrote:
Life regen is kept mainly to negate defen of chaos ground. This can become really annoying in high tier maps when health flask has to be used constantly without normal HP regen. "The Sorrow of the Divine" is ok to use, but the Consecrated Ground effect are is very limited. I wont recommend staying in it for long and normal 1-2% regen to ES is barely noticable during flask effect.

I hadnt thought about the chaos ground, makes alot more sense then to have life regen still.
However the flask actually gives me 404.1 es/second while on the consecrated ground, (providing the character sheet isnt lying) with 4149 shield and 106.4 life regen/second normally so its a decent amount of regen provided and the option to choose when to gain the effect of zealots oath but I do see why the life regen is so important.

"
mika2salo wrote:
Quartz flask is very nice if you have already anti-freeze, burn, bleed and Rumis. One way to use Phasing even better is to run Phase Run -> Increased Duration -> Efficacy instead of Shield charge. Together with Temp Chains the -80% aggro keeps you very safe ;)

I use a non-unique quartz flask so I have burning from life, chill from quarts and bleeding from silver.
Phase run does look very nice and I'm enjoying it with the flask as I can still attack while phasing so I just use the flask and shield charge from 1 delve to another with the minions following just destroying everything topping up my charges as the cart seems to speed up if you get ahead of it.
The extra spell and attack dodge it really nice too I think to increase the mitigations alot higher.
I may try phase run at some point though probably not for a little while as my clayshaper is corrupt with different slots and vorici isnt that high yet so its something to try as the aggro loss does sound very nice even though you cant attack while using it.

"
mika2salo wrote:
Spell block is not most useful thing to stack as Physical damage is biggest problem. Ele res is 75% as other builds but armor is almost 0%.

Now you say it, it seems obvious. I dont know how I missed that, I think I'll try for a higher general defence shield then as Rapith globe hasnt got quite as much shield as a drop/crafted shield.

"
mika2salo wrote:
Area of effect is nice to boost curse range. Even onslaught can trigger once in a while as damage over time kills are give to players even if minions are doing the kill.

I didnt even think about the curse range, I'm using one with area of effect on it now and the range does seem nice, I had wondered a little as it seemed quite big while mapping the other day but I assumed I was imagining things.
Onslaught triggering sounds very nice, im suprised it works that way. While I probably wont try for it I'll bear that in mind as it seems quite a usefull bit of info to know.

"
mika2salo wrote:
Hope you are now healthy from your cold ;)

I am thank you :)

Thank you both for such detailed replies and for answering all my questions.
My first uber elder done
thanks a lot for this build :)
i cant equip animate guardian both singularity and Rathpith Globe. When i put singularity and then shield the shield replace singularity, but Can have 2 singulatiyy at one time. pls help. also when have only shield abd add singularity it replaces the shield.

nwm i achieve that. First mace and then shield and it works.
Last edited by qlasboy on Oct 1, 2018, 1:04:24 PM
"
I also noticed that 'adds x to y elemental type damage to attacks' applied to shield charge so charging into loads gets elemental equilibrium up without needing to pause.
Though I may have a go with them and find out what I like best.

Hey :)

Almost forgot about shield charge applying EE. Maybe some interaction could be found with 20% increased area corrupt Clayshaper and linking Shield charge with Increased Area support. Quick way to EE pack.

"
I hadnt thought about the chaos ground, makes alot more sense then to have life regen still.
However the flask actually gives me 404.1 es/second while on the consecrated ground, (providing the character sheet isnt lying) with 4149 shield and 106.4 life regen/second normally so its a decent amount of regen provided and the option to choose when to gain the effect of zealots oath but I do see why the life regen is so important.

ES regen makes lot of sense when you have enough ES for it. I think guild mate has over 2,5k regen per sec in standard with legacy gear ;)

"
I didnt even think about the curse range, I'm using one with area of effect on it now and the range does seem nice, I had wondered a little as it seemed quite big while mapping the other day but I assumed I was imagining things.
Onslaught triggering sounds very nice, im suprised it works that way. While I probably wont try for it I'll bear that in mind as it seems quite a usefull bit of info to know.

Increased area of effect is pretty much best corruption in Clayshaper. all area increase for curses is big help.

"
My first uber elder done
thanks a lot for this build :)

Hi :)

Wow, Gz on uber elder kill! \o/

The fight is still very hard, so you must have pretty good kiting skills :P

"
i cant equip animate guardian both singularity and Rathpith Globe. When i put singularity and then shield the shield replace singularity, but Can have 2 singulatiyy at one time. pls help. also when have only shield abd add singularity it replaces the shield.

nwm i achieve that. First mace and then shield and it works.

Hey :)

Yep, Animate Guardian is altering between main and off-hand when equipping gear. It can be tricky to get with mace and shield on it if not sure what was equipped last.

If I remember correctly the order is always mainhand -> offhand.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Thanks for the build. I m easily farming t12-14 with crappy rare at lvl 89.

I Made 1 modification : i dropped CWDT-Convocation-Discipline for a manual convocation + vaal discipline + vaal summon skeleton in off hand.
i was often waiting to get hit so my flames golems would TP to me, i did not like it.
Vaal disc + Vaal skele for regen and meatshield on boss.
I just want to say, thank you very much for creating this guide, I am a returning player, and there are tonnes of new stuff for me, and you have made my life a lot easier!! Thank you!

I would like to kindly ask you guys to give me some feed backs on my progress so far ! I am playing on Delve, at the moment the only Pressence of Chayula with additional curse is at 3mirror..... so I highly doubt I will be buying that!

so is there any other options on the boot slots?

I am currently playing the necromancer tree, with the skeleton setup! I just want to ask Am i missing out a lot? for not playing offering? (I chose skeletons cause I love the feel of a true summoner!) Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Please let me know what I can improve on!

https://pastebin.com/Bss460pM

This is my pastebin
Last edited by ripslyme00 on Oct 1, 2018, 6:14:54 PM
Cool build.

How many total golem cd reduction from harmony jewels we need?
I went through a lot of pages and found more or less answers to my questions but nothing clear. If I want to play without spectrum is possible? if so, what should I follow? Moreover, can we go far in the end game without spectre? thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info