Donald Trump and US politics

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
This just in: the liberals now are screaming about Trump's comment on Sweden. I only saw part of the rally yesterday (did get to see the supporter take the stage which was kinda cute) did not hear this part. I am assuming he was referring to the gang rape on FB live? Anyone care to tell me that actually watched it and heard what he said?

I didn't hear it, but women are being raped by Muslim immigrants in Sweden. Most of the rapes are committed by Muslims from what I understand, and their media is trying to silence it. Like the USA, their media is also dishonest/liars/fake news. Trump earned some bonus points with me if he called them out on it.

I'm curious where you got this tidbit of news. From my understanding, referring to Sweden as the rape capital of the world based on their official rape statistics is like assuming that Mozambique is a safe paradise for women because their official rape statistics are an order of magnitude lower than USA. Different laws and definitions of "rape", as well as differences in how the state prosecutes rapists and deals with rape victims are relevant here.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"

Some of them are actually innocent.

There can never be a 100% success rate in any justice system. I don't care much for laws or authorities, but even someone like me who's biased towards them understands this.

That´s why death penalty is barbarian, too.
Funny thing about Trump, it seems that every week he will say something completely vague or/and ambiguous, or/and false, and people will spend days trying to figure out/defend what the hell he meant.

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/833282921339432960

It happened during the campaign also, and I believe it will keep happening.
"
soneka101 wrote:
Funny thing about Trump, it seems that every week he will say something completely vague or/and ambiguous, or/and false, and people will spend days trying to figure out/defend what the hell he meant.

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/833282921339432960

It happened during the campaign also, and I believe it will keep happening.

Meanwhile the real president Bannon is making all the decisions. Trump supporters are so blind. Ignoring the Russian intervention and Bannons appointment to the NSC.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
PS learning on the job? Give me a fucking break. This isn't fucking burger flipping. Maybe next time don't vote someone in with NO EXPERIENCE OF THE INDUSTRY and worse PLENTY of experience in an industry traditionally at odds with the new job's industry. Fuck. Me.

Oh, and you know the BEST way to learn on the job? LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE JOB AND WORK WITH THEM. Trump is a chronic dismisser of others' opininions. He's at war with pretty much every intelligence agency. He's declared the media the enemy. He's already stated some courts are basically treasonous because they've opposed him. And he's struggling to form a decent government. Yeah, that's really 'learning on the job'. Please. STOP.

From Tim Urban's excellent WaitbutWhy blog, who writes with a truly, classically scientific open mind about things:

"
“Trump has no idea how to be a world leader.”

He sure does not. But think of it this way: the US executive branch needs to have expertise in about 1,000 things, and no president comes into office as an expert in more than a tenth of those things. The president’s job is to bring in a large team of experts to fill in the 90% that he or she doesn’t know about. For Trump, maybe that number is 98% instead of 90%. But our executive branch will be run by a large group of people, not just Trump, and as a whole they’ll have all the expertise of any other administration. Sure, the president has a lot of say and does have a significant amount of individual power, and that’s a bit terrifying when it comes to Trump—but I’m encouraged by both his experience running a large, complex company and his surprisingly adult choice of Pence as a running mate. I’d predict that President Trump is all about surrounding himself with experts who know very well how to run the executive branch.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/11/its-going-to-be-okay.html

How did you decide that he doesn't listen to people?

As to the second quoted paragraph, I will have to again link to Scott Adams - he's already said it better and more succinctly than I could hope to.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/157149611381/good-example-of-our-two-movie-reality

The crux of his argument in this post is that if you look at this picture and think the sky is falling, you might need to re-evaluate the 'movie' that is playing on the screen of your worldview. [Edit: to more accurately characterize Adams' position, he wouldn't say that you need to change your movie, he'd actually say your movie works fine from the perspective of evolutionary biology and passing on your genes. He would predict, however, that you are on a track to have to reckon with some serious cognitive dissonance at some point. The recommendation for movie changing would be mine.]

Last edited by innervation on Feb 19, 2017, 4:56:17 PM
Depends on how much he really wants to listen to experts. The choices Pruitt and de Vos make me a little pessimistic about that.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Feb 19, 2017, 5:45:10 PM
"
innervation wrote:
"
In order for our two-movie situation to merge back into a single movie, one of us needs to see our expectations violated in ways that even cognitive dissonance can’t explain away.
This isn't likely to happen, because expectations were already violated in a way which even cognitive dissonance couldn't explain away. I remember feeling supremely jubilant on November 8, not because Trump won, but because the media lost. They were wrong about everything, caught red-handed and mealy-mouthed misinforming the people of the world. I figured they were finally through.

Nope.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
you know what will be fun....

seeing Trump being re-elected in 4 years

watching the EU fall in parts when France and many other countries will leave one by one following the Brexit.

And I really hope to see the fall of our Prime Minister in Canada.

All the pro politically correctness liberal conservative shit makes me want to puke.

Also... all that white shaming politic going on from these same people. I got enough of it.
Last edited by diablofdb on Feb 19, 2017, 8:11:34 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
you know what will be fun....

seeing Trump being re-elected in 4 years

watching the EU fall in parts when France and many other countries will leave one by one following the Brexit.

And I really hope to see the fall of our Prime Minister in Canada.

All the pro politically correctness liberal conservative shit makes me want to puke.

Also... all that white shaming politic going on from these same people. I got enough of it.

You wont see that happening. Lol. Dream world much?

Btw, what political correctness are you talking about?

And brexit was based on lies, people regretted it the day after and wanted to change their decision to stay, lol.

Trump wont get reelected, he didnt even win the popular vote and unlike what he thinks and says, he didnt win the electoral college by a landslide.

Justin Trudeau is everyones favorite right now because he is hot as fuck, even Ivanka swooned over him and so do i actually.

But this thread isnt for discussions, its for Trump propaganda and the few vocal trumpsters from the forum can laugh their asses off about the evil liberals while IRL Trump ruins america with walls and bans and laws no one wants or needs.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I remember feeling supremely jubilant on November 8, not because Trump won, but because the media lost.
Hope you don't miss that nose too much. Not that you really cut it off, as you noted. The media is far from done.

How amazingly petty, vindictive and myopic you now appear to be. You'd put a mad king on the throne just to fuck with the advisers and the gossiping court and their relatively harmless but absolutely self-serving and corrupt status quo maintenance.
Would I put a mad king on the throne to accomplish that? No, I wouldn't. But once again: Trump is not a dictator. Putting a mad President behind a desk is far less of a gamble; he still has the legislature and the judiciary to tangle with. And that's assuming he is, in fact, mad. Well, no doubt angry, but you meant insane.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info