Donald Trump and US politics

"
Vhlad wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
He went bankrupt several times and was born rich. He didnt work for shit. He also bailed out his son which is just another of his stupid conflicts.

I'm pretty sure Sarah is trolling, or perhaps is a Trump supporter trying to make democrats look bad. Some of the stuff is just too ignorant to not be deliberate.

For the benefit of anyone else reading this comment: Trump never went through a personal bankruptcy.

He owns/controls over 500 businesses. Four of those underwent a bankruptcy proceeding in the last 25 years (1991, 1992, 2004, 2009), which were chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings (for reorganization - they did not go defunct). If you understand anything about business mortality, you'd realize how good this record is.

If you have doubts, look up business survival rates. Google it or use the business source complete academic journal database. For firms founded in the U.S., you're looking at a 10-year survival rate of about 10% and a 40-year survival rate under 0.1%. Meaning, if 500 businesses were governed by average market performance, you'd expect 450 of them to go under within 10 years.

Of course, a lot of startups fail quickly. You can look at the mortality rates of large well-established firms exclusively, and you'll find that these have an estimated lifespan of under 15 years.

So 4/500+ businesses requiring a reorganization over a 25-year period? That's outstanding. Trump's business record is fucking outstanding. This is literally the most personally successful president the US has ever had, and it's not someone who road the coattails of their fathers name/connections to get elected (like Bush Jr.).

How Trump will perform as president remains to be seen, but to disparage his business record has no basis in reality.

He has people build his empire for him and keep it running, do you really believe he even knows what company he owns? Why does he not release his tax returns? He must have something to hide.
Austin post mostly stuff that is featured in fake news articles and debunked by a google search, this is what happens when you get your news via headline reading, i mean it's cute in that like "im 14 and an activist!!!!" sort of way. Gotta love the passion though :)
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 13, 2017, 10:55:22 PM
"
Manocean wrote:
Austin post mostly stuff that is featured in fake news articles and debunked by a google search, this is what happens when you get your news via headline reading, i mean it's cute in that like "im 14 and an activist!!!!" sort of way. Gotta love the passion though :)

Been several new "Trump" threads (which, I must say, it surprised me that Support hasn't locked as duplicates of this one). Seems the President has done something right, to attract so much attention. Particularly amusing to observe being mocked is the gif in which Trump is participating in the "Ice Bucket Challenge," which was to raise money for charity. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Particularly amusing to observe being mocked is the gif in which Trump is participating in the "Ice Bucket Challenge," which was to raise money for charity. =^[.]^=
Oh, get a thicker skin, Ray. If you completely lose your ability to take disagreement with grace and laugh at a joke at your own expense, well, then I think Antifa might be looking to recruit people like you.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
deathflower wrote:

If people think the the author is being a douchebag, and you laugh at that same video, that would probably make you a douchebag. If you didn't realize that, it would be incredibly enlightening experience. People are stupid, if they don't fight back. I am not against people throwing insults. When someone does it, it is fair game.

You know what is a more rational and intellectual approach to this? Take my own advice from the previous closed thread and leave the Trump supporters to circle jerk themselves. The previous thread is closed because it is toxic. Hey, you can always open another one...

You don't get it. "Douchebag", "toxic" and all these words being thrown around have zero informational value. It's emotional language. I don't give a fuck about that. I don't care if you or anyone else think I or anyone else is a douchebag.

I want to hear how and why is someone wrong, or how and why is someone going to be a bad president. The only information I receive from the word "douchebag" is that you don't like the douchebag. I couldn't care less.

I have a colleague at work who's an extremely kind person, and she's dumb as a doorknob. She constantly makes mistakes and fucks things up. She's not a douchebag. I don't care, she's incompetent and I dislike that. Douchebaggery is a vague and subjective term, a dumb mistake is a factual event. You can put a finger on it. My boss is practical, intelligent and not the nicest person around there. You would probably classify her as a douchebag. She's great, I love working with her. No nonsense kind of person.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 14, 2017, 2:43:09 AM
"
deathflower wrote:
If people think the the author is being a douchebag, and you laugh at that same video, that would probably make you a douchebag.

Do you guys even satire? :(

"
deathflower wrote:
You know what is a more rational and intellectual approach to this? Take my own advice from the previous closed thread and leave the Trump supporters to circle jerk themselves. The previous thread is closed because it is toxic. Hey, you can always open another one...

Nope. The previous thread was not toxic. It was closed on OP's request, most probably because he couldn't handle the fact that not everyone here is falling for the "liberal" mass hysteria.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
sarahaustin wrote:
He has people build his empire for him and keep it running, do you really believe he even knows what company he owns?

If it is so easy to build a business, why don't you do it? Have other people do it for you, its easy. According to progressive experts, you do not need to know anything, even illiterate people can do it (it probably even helps to be illiterate, cause you then get some governmental handouts, or something).

You just need some starting money, but it doesn't need to be millions. Borrow 20k EUR and employ other people to do it for you. its so easy that Im surprised why everyone is not doing it (especially those other people who would do it for you).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
If people think the the author is being a douchebag, and you laugh at that same video, that would probably make you a douchebag.

Do you guys even satire? :(

"
deathflower wrote:

Nope. The previous thread was not toxic. It was closed on OP's request, most probably because he couldn't handle the fact that not everyone here is falling for the "liberal" mass hysteria.

Well, there was a significant amount of toxicity in the thread, coming mostly from liberals explaining how toxic the other side is, which is fucking hilarious when the most vocal and consistent pro-Trump posters there are Raycheetah, Scrotie and DalaiLama, who are pretty much the exact opposite of what I would define as "toxic".

And, by the way, I don't really count myself as a Trump supporter, but reading their posts in the other thread convinced me which side I can associate with. They were factual, calm, rational and consistent. The libs were also consistent, mostly in their hysteria.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 14, 2017, 3:16:10 AM
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Bars wrote:
Well, there was a significant amount of toxicity in the thread, coming mostly from liberals explaining how toxic the other side is, which is fucking hilarious when the most vocal and consistent pro-Trump posters there are Raycheetah, Scrotie and DalaiLama, who are pretty much the exact opposite of what I would define as "toxic".

And, by the way, I don't really count myself as a Trump supporter, but reading their posts in the other thread convinced me which side I can associate with. They were factual, calm, rational and consistent. The libs were also consistent, mostly in their hysteria.
What's funny about that is that I was/am not a Republican, at least not in the 2012 sense, and I was myself won over by calm, rational, consistent arguments.

I mean, here is literally my first post in the old Trump thread, for reference...
"
As an American who identifies somewhat conservative (really more libertarian than anything else), I've found the Republican Party very frustrating over the past decade or so. They say they're the fiscally conservative option, but Bill Clinton balances the budget and good ole W trashes it worse than anyone ever has. I mean, the difference between a Republican and a tax-and-spend liberal is only the tax part.

That said...

Like the Federalists and the Whigs before it, the party has become a breeding ground for idiocy and injustice. It is beyond saving and must be allowed to die. This is the most important function of the League of Shadows. It is one we’ve performed for centuries. The Republican Party… must be destroyed.

So, um, vote Trump. In the primaries. Not in the general election. Obviously.
See? I started with a clear anti-GOP, pro-Democrat bias. One could possibly argue a pro-Clinton (although mostly Bill) bias. Like the Clinton campaign (revealed by Wikileaks), I had short-sightedly identified Trump as a "Pied Piper" candidate and latched onto that strategy. But the more I researched and probed and watched and argued, the more genuinely pro-Trump I became.

BTW, so damn glad the old GOP is all but history now. Good riddance... mission accomplished.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 14, 2017, 3:51:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info