Donald Trump and US politics

Gowdy's speeches are epic but his voting record leaves much to be desired (IMHO). He certainly talks the talk, arguably better than anyone (hence my mentioning him), but he only somewhat walks the walk.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 26, 2017, 2:29:04 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Gowdy's speeches are epic but his voting record leaves much to be desired (IMHO). He certainly talks the talk, arguably better than anyone, but he only somewhat walks the walk.

Fair enough. I guess I like to see him get fired up and really grill some of these people.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Remember when Trump Tower communicated with Russian Alfa Bank? Fake news.

http://8ch.net/pol/res/9577717.html#9581242
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Rowdy Gowdy
anything is everything
Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Remember when Trump Tower communicated with Russian Alfa Bank?

I still don't get this shit.

Hillary Clinton was receiving money from Saudi while being a presidential candidate. It's on the books. No one cares.

Trump >might have< had some unspecified >dealings< with >some Russians< or >something Russian<, maybe, unnamed officials claim... == shitstorm!!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Hillary Clinton was receiving money from Saudi while being a presidential candidate. It's on the books. No one cares.

I do.

You can bet I'd be caring a lot more if she was president, too.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

But there would be no talk about it from (neolib) mainstream media.

If Hillary can receive bribes from foreign governments, then so can Trump. Or better: none should receive bribes. Afaik there is no solid proof of this "Russian connection" for now, except a lot of hearsay and smearing propaganda, right?

Now, Hillary was a governmental official under Obama and back then they were actually starting & supporting wars in favor of Gulf states political interests (Libya & Syria). Was there any outrage for Clinton's private dealings with shady governments, who probably have influenced US politics in the region? I don't remember, but probably not.

If MSM was equally diligent in exposing potential governmental corruption, regardless of who is in power, that'd be great.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

But there would be no talk about it from (neolib) mainstream media.

If Hillary can receive bribes from foreign governments, then so can Trump. Or better: none should receive bribes. Afaik there is no solid proof of this "Russian connection" for now, except a lot of hearsay and smearing propaganda, right?

Now, Hillary was a governmental official under Obama and back then they were actually starting & supporting wars in favor of Gulf states political interests (Libya & Syria). Was there any outrage for Clinton's private dealings with shady governments, who probably have influenced US politics in the region? I don't remember, but probably not.

If MSM was equally diligent in exposing potential governmental corruption, regardless of who is in power, that'd be great.

Of course left MSM would be quiet, and FOX and a bunch of right wing media would be 'howling at the moon'.

Why does this have anything to do with biased media being biased?

I really don't get this point of view.

Right wing media is biased towards the right.

Left wing media is biased towards the left.

Plenty of people in the government are corrupt and get away with it.

I don't see why any of the above absolve any one person, president, campaign, associates from investigation. Being that an investigation will either prove guilt or innocence.

Here's the thing.... if I'm accused of having sketchy kiddie pics I'm gonna open the fuck up to everyone and their gran to come and see that I do not. If I go to every extreme possible to prevent people from getting the proof either way, there's a good reason for it.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 27, 2017, 10:24:12 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I don't see why any of the above absolve any one person, president, campaign, associates from investigation. Being that an investigation will either prove guilt or innocence.

It doesn't absolve. I was simply pointing out the difference: in Hillary's case the bribes are on the books, from known sources and the political favors (=war support) can be guessed with a degree of certainty. In Trump's case it's all still a bunch of suspicion and conspiracy.

But sure, investigate away. I'm very interested of what the supposed "Russian dealings" are even about? Guns, vodka, girls, golf courses? If it doesn't involve causing the deaths of 10.000s people in pointless wars, it will be still better than Obama/Hillary corruption.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info