Donald Trump and US politics

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
Obamacare work because of huge government subsidies, if you cut the subsidies, it will collapse because it isn't profitable. It never is.

Democrats and Republicans are doing different things. I would think Too many cooks spoil the broth. More healthcare mean more cost. You can cut cost but you also cut healthcare. Not hard to figure that out. The problem is more about passing it when you have people going different directions.
The elephant in the room is for profit healthcare.
There are many arguments to be made in favor of for-profit healthcare. For example, most medical innovation (even in Europe) would mostly dry up without a for-profit American market in which to recoup investment.

Not that I think things are good as they are, because the big for-profit corporations are backed up by a US government that trounces would-be competitors with regulation and is friendly to Big Pharma efforts to move jobs overseas. But one does not simply disregard the profit motive, not if one has the slightest economic sense.

It isn't a great idea to solve problem by being a miser either. You fix it better by throwing more money and effort at it. We didn't waste our money and energy beating the living crap out of each other in political fighting. Consensus decision making is reach rather quickly and efficiently. We don't have the enormous political rift you see in America. You can't move forward if you undermining each other.

Non profit organizations can be profitable, although that usually isn't their main concern. Some non profit organizations is so profitable, it is mind blowing...

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
My respect for Adam Schiff keeps growing and growing. Is he as clean as I think he is, or am I missing something?

Also, his tweets just keep getting better :P
Russia didn't do shit and everyone saying they did is a willing or unwilling pawn in a neocon warmongering propaganda push.

Russia meddle with your politics. It isn't new that foreign entities meddle with politics. It is more a question of is it a big deal? Trump is downplaying it, Democrats are exaggerating it. It is possible that Russia help trump unilaterally since it is in its best interest. Russia might have help trump win but are they in cahoot? Finding concrete evidences is harder than it look. Keep digging Democrats, it is possible they might find something. They haven't yet.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Which would you pick?

Don't take the red pill!

Someone said that this is the artistic representation of what happened:
http://imgur.com/92Euajt
And there is also that:

It seems that some republicans are waking up. I think the party got too cozy while being the opposition party, but now that those dudes are in power maybe it's time to change their mindset and get things done.

I think that people that voted republican should be more upset with those guys than people that vote democrat. It's their trust that has been betrayed after all.

Sauce:https://twitter.com/AliceOllstein/status/845373755136380929
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/845637626275250180
Last edited by soneka101 on Mar 25, 2017, 2:06:24 PM
I'd bet a considerable amount of ethically farmed SSF currency that the "more than circumstantial" evidence is about Roger Stone bragging on Twitter about being in touch with Guccifer.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I'd bet a considerable amount of ethically farmed SSF currency that the "more than circumstantial" evidence is about Roger Stone bragging on Twitter about being in touch with Guccifer.

That was public knowledge well before Schiff changed from circumstantial to no longer only circumstantial. His description of what constitutes circumstantial was also quite telling.

If I go outside one morning and the ground is covered in snow, yet it wasn't the night before, there is circumstantial evidence that it snowed overnight.
Casually casual.

Yeah, given that the Trump administration pushed labeling that hot mess "Ryancare," and not "Trumpcare," I'd say the fix was in.

...Especially given this:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/03/25/oh-my-did-president-trump-just-transmit-a-coded-message/

Trump tweeted for his Twitter followers to watch Judge Jeanine on Fox. Her show? This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ITuAJbx-fM

It's all about a GOP regime change in the House. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
soneka101 wrote:
Spoiler

Someone said that this is the artistic representation of what happened:
http://imgur.com/92Euajt
And there is also that:

It seems that some republicans are waking up. I think the party got too cozy while being the opposition party, but now that those dudes are in power maybe it's time to change their mindset and get things done.

I think that people that voted republican should be more upset with those guys than people that vote democrat. It's their trust that has been betrayed after all.

Sauce:https://twitter.com/AliceOllstein/status/845373755136380929
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/845637626275250180

I think the gist of your two examples hold some truth:

1) The GOP has had almost 8 years to come up with their own plan. The deal that was presented, looked like something that had been cooked up in a couple of weeks - at best. If they want to keep their jobs, they had better start taking their positions as legislators seriously. I suspect part of the problem is that so many legislators rely on lobbyists and outsiders to write up most of the new laws.

2) It is an entirely different thing to be in the seat of responsibility. Trump is used to it, which is why he gave them the time frame for a vote and why he had them pull it. Some people make great advisers, but poor decision makers. Facing the music for your decisions is part of the job. If Congress had a better understanding of how the new health care bill would actually work in practice, it would have been easier to take a firm stance on it. I doubt many of them did their homework. Being the boss and being good at making decisions requires a lot of background work. When someone has done it long enough, they begin to develop instincts. Good instincts aren't a guarantee of a good outcome, although they usually pay off.

This should be a wake up call to the GOP - too much would have, could have, should have involved here. If they don't wake up the 2018 midterms will be a trouncing.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 26, 2017, 2:56:26 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
The GOP has had almost 8 years to come up with their own plan.

And 7 years they could have been working with the other side to improve the ACA. Not planning something for 4 or 8 years later, but actual real time doing.

But, no. Repeal, replace. And even actively trying to make ACA not work.

In other words, not in the slightest bothered about the people.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 26, 2017, 6:34:09 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
It's all about a GOP regime change in the House. =^[.]^=

How?

'GoP regime change' already happened in the house when all the far right tea party obstructionists got elected under obama. Now they're hindering their own party.

Get rid of Ryan and you still have a mess with distinct political factions in the house - Freedom Caucus/Moderates/hard line Trumpers.

If we end up with a weaker leader than Ryan we're going to be taking steps away from stability between the factions.

Blame doesn't go on Ryan it goes on the obstructionists who aren't used to having to get in line.
Out of the House Republicans who could replace Ryan, only the ones from Tennessee — specifically, Duncan and Massie — are reliable not to be shitfucks. I guess Amash and Gowdy are okay but the former is a Nevertrumper and the latter can be fooled into supporting neoconservativism.
Spoiler
Here's a list of Representatives in the House with sufficient intelligence to vote against the National Defense Authorization Act of 2017. I C&P'd it, then I'll note the House Republicans who are worth a damn.

Amash (R) chairman of Liberty Caucus; NeverTrumper; very young.
Bass (D)
Becerra (D) resigned
Blumenauer (D)
Capuano (D)
Chu, Judy (D)
Clark (D-MA)
Clarke (D-NY)
Cohen (D)
Conyers (D)
DeSaulnier (D)
Duncan (TN) also voted against Iraq, supported Trump, Liberty Caucus member
Gabbard (D)
Grayson (D) lost re-election
Griffith (R) went on CNN to say he would have voted for Ryancare
Grijalva (D)
Gutiérrez (D)
Honda (D)
Huffman (D)
Kennedy (D)
Lee (D)
Lewis (D)
Massie (R) endorsed by Ron/Rand Paul; Trump supporter
Nadler (D)
Pallone (D)
Pocan (D)
Polis (D)
Schakowsky (D)
Schrader (D)
Takano (D)
Velázquez (D)
Watson Coleman (D)
Welch (D)
Yarmuth (D)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 26, 2017, 2:25:26 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Out of the House Republicans who could replace Ryan, only the ones from Tennessee — specifically, Duncan and Massie — are reliable not to be shitfucks. I guess Amash and Gowdy are okay but not the former is a Nevertrumper and the latter can be fooled into supporting neoconservativism.
Spoiler
Here's a list of Representatives in the House with sufficient intelligence to vote against the National Defense Authorization Act of 2017. I C&P'd it, then I'll note the House Republicans who are worth a damn.

Amash (R) chairman of Liberty Caucus; NeverTrumper; very young.
Bass (D)
Becerra (D) resigned
Blumenauer (D)
Capuano (D)
Chu, Judy (D)
Clark (D-MA)
Clarke (D-NY)
Cohen (D)
Conyers (D)
DeSaulnier (D)
Duncan (TN) also voted against Iraq, supported Trump, Liberty Caucus member
Gabbard (D)
Grayson (D) lost re-election
Griffith (R) went on CNN to say he would have voted for Ryancare
Grijalva (D)
Gutiérrez (D)
Honda (D)
Huffman (D)
Kennedy (D)
Lee (D)
Lewis (D)
Massie (R) endorsed by Ron/Rand Paul; Trump supporter
Nadler (D)
Pallone (D)
Pocan (D)
Polis (D)
Schakowsky (D)
Schrader (D)
Takano (D)
Velázquez (D)
Watson Coleman (D)
Welch (D)
Yarmuth (D)

I like Gowdy and Chaffetz. From watching various hearings, they seem to want to get things done but are constantly roadblocked by democrat scumbags.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info