Donald Trump and US politics

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Where did YOU get the idea that "people get the idea that there is this huge support behind it"?

Ironically, from fake news articles liberals shared on my Facebook making fun of "Trump supporters" for standing behind it. I fell for it.

Even deathflower said that he thought people liked Trumpcare... so I'm not just blowing smoke, some people legitimately believe it.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 25, 2017, 12:05:39 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I don't normally ad hominem, but I think it's weird how this thread rather neatly divides between Trump-supporting Americans and Trump-hating non-Americans.

Honestly, I think more people who live outside of the USA have a problem with Trump than the ones who actually live in this country. The funny thing is, people have it the best in the USA, every other country in the world has much worse problems than we have.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I don't normally ad hominem, but I think it's weird how this thread rather neatly divides between Trump-supporting Americans and Trump-hating non-Americans.

Honestly, I think more people who live outside of the USA have a problem with Trump than the ones who actually live in this country. The funny thing is, people have it the best in the USA, every other country in the world has much worse problems than we have.

Well, if he nukes a country in the future it probably won't be the US, so I guess people from other countries have more reasons to be wary of him?

One thing that you guys don't get well is the influence that the US have in other countries, as US citizens you guys probably look at most countries with indifference, other cultures might be interesting to you but certainly doesn't hold as much importance as your own. But other countries don't see the US in the same way you guys see these countries.

Thanks mainly to Hollywood most developed countries are in constant touch with the US culture, so far how many US movies/TV show have been aired all across the world? How many famous bands/singers started their career in the US and then proceeded to sing abroad? Not only that, the US influence politics around the world directly and indirectly.

So people can't look at the US with indifferent eyes, there isn't a "wall" separating the US and the rest of the world, and there are thousands of reasons for people to keep their eyes open.

I see people saying: "Globalization is the worst thing ever!!!", but depending how you define globalization, I guess it's right to say that the US is the country that has been benefiting the most from it. The thing is, people love free stuff, to get rewards without giving up something, like a celebrity that wants to have money, success, recognition, and fame, but don't want to be nice to fans, or that get mad when followed by paparazzi.

For now the US is considered by many as "the leader of the free world", there are benefits to that, but there are also setbacks, wanting only the good stuff and whining about the setbacks seems like a waste o time, since it can't be changed.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I don't support Trump when he does stupid things (most cabinet picks, lying on TV), but I don't mind supporting him when he does good things (pull out of TPP, enforcing existing immigration law).

I didn't vote for him, but he's the elected president and this is what happens when you get outvoted. You've gotta make do with what you get. Anyone that actually wants political change would do well to avoid pointless back-clapping rallies and should spend more time trying to connect with "the other half".

(And no, wishing that half of Americans would just up and die isn't connecting.)

---

The non-Americans definitely are missing something utterly fundamental in this discussion and I'm not sure what it is. My best guess is biased reporting of what life is actually like in the states?

There aren't roving anti-homosexual/anti-transgender death squads in the streets; racism and sexism are at an all time low. Economy sucks but it seems(?) to be recovering. Nobody is nuking anyone, or wants to, or is even close to.

We're still drone bombing the shit out of people in the middle east, we're still spying on people (ourselves and others), national debt is ballooning to dire numbers, wealth inequality is still completely out of control. All of those things have bipartisan support and nobody was allowed a real vote on those issues.

---

re: "globalization", it absolutely sucks for the vast majority of Americans. It's great for capital owners in America and it's great for all the (soon to be not-so-) third-world countries that we're uplifting by installing factories and giving training. Globally it's a net gain of efficiency and production.

The "elephant curve" says it all:

This is a wealth transference. Each nation has the same power graph (lots of poor with nothing, few wealthy with everything) because systems of power just work that way. Once nations interoperate, everyone gets forced into the one big global power graph and the above is what transformations need to happen to force us into that.

There is a strong argument against production and efficiency for their own sake, and there's a strong argument for not taking wealth away from people in the middle to uplift people at either end of the bell curve.
Last edited by pneuma on Mar 25, 2017, 3:59:44 AM
"
Manocean wrote:
I'm glad Ryancare/Trumpcare is dead, maybe we can get rid of Paul Ryan for good now

Pretty sure this was the idea. "Give 'em enough rope..." =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Too much winning.

Are Trump supporters tired of losing yet? Lol. The impeachment comes closer and closer too with the Russia investigation!

If you think this is a loss for Trump supporters, you know nothing about them.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
It's a loss because Trump keeps floundering from one fuck up to another and if you think getting rid of Ryan is a good thing... He's the best thing the GoP and the GoP led government has going for it right now.

That might change if Trump gets his shit together but as of right now Trump is hardly the leader of the country Ryan is.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Mar 25, 2017, 5:07:44 AM
The dankest timeline:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/23/venezuelan-currency-slowly-getting-replaced-by-pepe-memes/

In Venezuela, they're literally using rare Pepes as currency.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Manocean wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Where did YOU get the idea that "people get the idea that there is this huge support behind it"?

Ironically, from fake news articles liberals shared on my Facebook making fun of "Trump supporters" for standing behind it. I fell for it.

Even deathflower said that he thought people liked Trumpcare... so I'm not just blowing smoke, some people legitimately believe it.

Link these fake news articles where it's implied AHCA had a lot of support.

Did you really miss the sarcasm in Deathflower's words? I read that automatically as a jab to the creators of AHCA, maybe I was wrong?

You wouldn't be doing the football fan thing, would you? Like when the football team you support wins, you claim that you won, instead of celebrating the team winning, you claim victory yourself, you won and people who support the other team are losers, rather than just the team.

If that's the case (which there has been a lot of evidence ITT and the other) and this is the flip side, being defensive because that mindset means the people you ridiculed now won and you lost: Don't worry, you didn't lose, they didn't win. Trump lost, the few others around him lost. But not you.

Don't claim victories that are not yours, don't take defeats that are not yours.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 25, 2017, 5:21:36 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
The dankest timeline:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/23/venezuelan-currency-slowly-getting-replaced-by-pepe-memes/

In Venezuela, they're literally using rare Pepes as currency.
Pepe: the solution for communism
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info