The first real proof that POE is going the way of D3 the Dodo

"
iamstryker wrote:
It's amazing people are actually complaining about the optional self found thing.

Not gonna optional when they implement it and the idiots make it the new meta and GGG decides, meh - lets just BIND ALL THE THINGS!

Don't say we didn't warn you.
I wish ssf would become mandatory for pc, it is simply awesome, and I really hope they add something like lab for whole new act content.

Spoiler
Spoiler
/sarcasm
Spoiler
Spoiler
????
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Jan 29, 2017, 3:41:34 PM
"
hoodar wrote:
Yeah Diablo self found boa sucks for the 0 trading or ah.

But, there are 0 rmt, 0 bots spamming you...

You forgot 0 fun.
"
rhah wrote:
Self found is actually working out great for d3.

Original inferno was best. With enrage elites crazy ass 15 min boss fights and most people would get wrecked even at start of inferno. I bet they had more players then too so I dont know what you mean by SF working out great. For who? I dont play it. Hated game since 1.3 patch actually. Hate no trade even more. I bet newer copy isnt a great seller compared to d3. Obviously they wont release numbers playing over 4-5 years time but their BOA finally made me here and several of my d3 friends.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 5, 2017, 12:45:37 PM
"
Chris wrote:
Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0]

JANUARY 22 - CHRIS
Self-enforced Solo Self-Found play is an increasingly popular choice for players who want to have a more challenging experience in Path of Exile. In March's Content Update 2.6.0, we plan to add formal support for this mode so that players who enjoy SSF can prove that they reached certain levels without outside assistance. We have written a Development Manifesto post[www.pathofexile.com] about our current plans.

The sad truth to this is the fact that if GGG had fixed trade long ago (asynchronous trade is the answer and is not an all encompassing auction house if GGG makes it so we still are required to enter the sellers hideout to access the trade stash) and had focused more on server/client core game performance so that party playing of PoE worked as smooth as D3 and other arpgs then all this mess about SSF could (and should) have been avoided.

While there was no coordination to public parties in D3 (just a free for all group killing monsters) it was very easy to jump into a party and play for an hour or two without any concern about QoP or any thoughts of lag death. There were no performance problems like PoE has and thus was fun-to-play just because it was smooth and easy to do. I personally don't want to play D3 solo and so I haven't played D3:RoS in over a year since my 2 best friends stopped playing with me.

Chris is missing the whole point or just choosing to ignore it (as it would focus attention squarely on the 2 main problems of PoE that push players into SSF) by using the word "popular" as if players where playing SSF by design. I'm sure some do out of choice but I believe the majority of players that go the SSF route do so just because trading is so damned frustrating (seller is AFK or just won't respond... how dare he/she have a real life!) and party play is fraught with major lag or other fps killing problems.

All these polarizing posts over SSF could have been avoided if GGG would have fixed the 2 main problems that have forced many players to go it alone without trading.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
You said something about "real proof"... I'm still searching.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info