Will you play SSF on 2.6?

"
IronSteel wrote:
I, for one, will play HC SSF.

The reason behind my decision? bragging rights ofc.

Will you play SSF on 2.6 (doesn't matter if HC or SF) and why?

I will most likely start a SSF character on SC version of new challenge league. I played my own adjusted SSF rules in last 3 challenge leagues--I start SSF in terms of acquiring gear and map progression, I sell stuff I find for currency to other players, I only buy gear when I hit a cock-block and I never buy maps. I usually create more character later in a league where I buy interesting and build enabling items.

Given the above, I will probably not stay on SSF ladder for a long but I still consider myself SSF, at least on my first character. I enjoy certain aspect of SSF or dislike certain other aspects of normal mode, therefore, I craft my own experience. GGG's proposal is a step in right direction but since it would limit my enjoyment of the game, I will go my way. I will certainly try but if I want to do something outside of SSF limits later I will do it anyway.
So thrilled to see this is finally happening. I'll be playing this exclusively! :D
Yes. Looking forward to it. Not HC tho. This game is not stable for me. Even if I build a 1000 LPS juggernaut I can still die to freezes DCs and other fuckery.
Git R Dun!
I guess I will try it, because at the moment I also play selffound. I know without trading it is very hard to reach the endgame and highest tier maps, but it feels so much better, if an item is selffound instead of just looked at poe.trade and buy it for some currency. Ofc I also will try some builds what needs to buy from trades, because it would take too long to find the listed needed item for also get to high tier maps.
But there is a lot still to see and learn about the game for me. If you see my characters, I guess there is a lot roflíng and lolíng. As long it is fun - it is fun.
I´m playing SSF since a long time, even without this league.

It´s more fun to grind for items and/or craft them, than to buy them.

So short answer: Yes! :-)
Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/
Last edited by Cowboy28 on Jan 25, 2017, 6:46:35 AM
I am very excited about that addition to the game and will make an alt ssf to see how far i can go with absolutely no help
!
Last edited by akanah on Jan 25, 2017, 7:50:42 AM
Only if they add all gems from vendors, really frustrating lvling mules just for gems alone.
Sure, but just because that's how I always play ARPGs. Don't need a league for that, though, just ignore the chat window. /shrug
100% playing SSF. Softcore. Due to lack of playtime it can take me a calendar MONTH in a new league to get to maps. No joke. Breach league starting in December was the worst - family holidays wiped out a big chunk of that month and now I'm so far behind and have so little time left to bother with end-game.

I would never play (vanilla) Standard though, but SSF is a different proposition - it means I can go at my own (slow) pace and feel like what I'm doing is still a challenge. I will save a ton of "idle" time by not worrying about trade. It will be liberating to know that I can't trade - I can just dive in, grind, craft, rinse and repeat.

I won't be "opting out" of SSF. I'm going all the way. I most likely won't touch 3 month leagues again until Act 5 is out next year.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
Last edited by systemdown on Jan 27, 2017, 2:52:45 AM
i would play it if it wasnt a temp league.
if they decided to put in the perma ssf league, id wipe all my shit and just play the game anew, trying to emulate that feeling of a new game, and spending all currency on what it was, at least ideologically, designed for - CRAFTING.

also where is the fucking perma cutthroat???????????????
Last edited by sluz on Jan 27, 2017, 2:51:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info