After taking estrogen for three months!

Dude, you clearly have issues, asking Peng to strip in order to validate her condition....[Removed by Support] You need to grow the hell up.
Last edited by Al_GGG on Mar 21, 2017, 10:34:17 PM
"
Dude, you clearly have issues, asking Peng to strip in order to validate her condition....[Removed by Support] You need to grow the hell up.

Let's be honest: Moist wants to see Deadpeng strip.
You can hear him chomping at the bit from all the way across the Pacific.
Hey guys,

Please remember to keep your discussions here civil and respectful at all times!

I understand this subject of conversation can be quite heated and will be very personal to a lot of people, but please do remember to keep any discussion void of personal attacks or discrimination. If the thread continues in this direction we will need to close it.

You are welcome to discuss respectfully, but please keep our Code of Conduct in mind when making any further posts on this topic.

You can read our Code of Conduct here.

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
But what about your Family? Colleagues? "not so close" friends?

I really did not get much 'hate', but more of fear. .

This isn't going to be a popular post so I'm putting it in a spoiler. You can consider this your trigger warning.

Spoiler
I'd be concerned if a family member or close friend was in your position too. The mental health statistics for transgender people (especially post surgery) are shocking and scary by any standards. It's not that you're telling your family that you want bewbs and a bra, it's telling them that you're considerably more likely than the general population to kill yourself or suffer from mental problems. Why wouldn't that make your friends and family fearful?

Being true to yourself is very important, but post surgery transgender people have statistically far higher rates of depression than non transgender people, so it's hard to be convinced that they are doing what makes them happy.
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Moist wrote:
I was joking. I suck at jokes. It's whatever to me. I found it hilarious that i received edits on a couple of my posts. But yeah, like i said, its whatever to me.

I was more concerned with the fact that somebody decided to publicly post this for the whole world to see. There are plenty of people out there more brutal than I. I had minimal idea I was being offensive. That wasn't the point of my post...

You wasnt offensive at all. Dont buy this crap. Just Knights on White Horses are protecting Princess... no matter if princess has penis or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmvSgvy7a34

This was pretty funny lol
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
But what about your Family? Colleagues? "not so close" friends?

I really did not get much 'hate', but more of fear. .

This isn't going to be a popular post so I'm putting it in a spoiler. You can consider this your trigger warning.

Spoiler
I'd be concerned if a family member or close friend was in your position too. The mental health statistics for transgender people (especially post surgery) are shocking and scary by any standards. It's not that you're telling your family that you want bewbs and a bra, it's telling them that you're considerably more likely than the general population to kill yourself or suffer from mental problems. Why wouldn't that make your friends and family fearful?

Being true to yourself is very important, but post surgery transgender people have statistically far higher rates of depression than non transgender people, so it's hard to be convinced that they are doing what makes them happy.

Huh? To make the statistics more relevant one needs a comparison between post and pre OP transgender people isn't it?

What is the point of comparing transgenders with cisgenders since we cannot simply remove our gender dysphoria?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
A friend made the argument, gently, that they felt trans people place identity above science. And it's kind of true, if you assume identity isn't somehow genetic.

But here's the punchline. You know who else put identity before and in spite of science?

Fundamental Christians who attack trans people for being true to their idea of identity.

It's just too much irony. I can't even.

You would be surprised about my identity in life then.
Again, anything I put in this thread is going in spoilers as I can understand why some people would rather not read it.
Spoiler
"
鬼殺し wrote:
A friend made the argument, gently, that they felt trans people place identity above science. And it's kind of true, if you assume identity isn't somehow genetic.

It's not just kind of true, it is a demonstrable fact. Feelings of identity have nothing to do with science (and more specifically, biology).

"
But here's the punchline. You know who else put identity before and in spite of science?

Fundamental Christians who attack trans people for being true to their idea of identity.

It's just too much irony. I can't even.

While I have no time for religious fundamentalists, I would point out that in theory they are attacking people for going against what they think God wants. If they were right and God really wanted us to attack people for doing things that he doesn't want us to do, then what they are doing would be morally righteous, under Divine Command theory. Just like under divine command, killing babies would be morally righteous if its what God really wanted us to do. Its a slippery slope that has led to the deaths of millions over the years, all in the name of God.

Anyone who follows and abrahamic religion who then attempts to science as an argument for anything is always going to be coated in irony.
Question is, did it really need to be edited?
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Huh? To make the statistics more relevant one needs a comparison between post and pre OP transgender people isn't it?

What is the point of comparing transgenders with cisgenders since we cannot simply remove our gender dysphoria?

First up to answer that directly:
Spoiler
"A 2011 study at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden produced the most illuminating results yet regarding the transgendered [sic], evidence that should give advocates pause. The long-term study—up to 30 years—followed 324 people who had sex-reassignment surgery. The study revealed that beginning about 10 years after having the surgery, the transgendered [sic] began to experience increasing mental difficulties. Most shockingly, their suicide mortality rose almost 20-fold above the comparable nontransgender population."

Sorry but again, these are simple facts and statistics which I'm sure you're already aware of.

Secondly and less directly but to me more interestingly:

Spoiler
Do you see how what you just wrote could be interpreted to mean that you yourself think of transgenderism as either a cause or effect of mental illness? If we aren't allowed to compare rates of mental health problems between transgender and cis people, do you not see what that in itself implies?

Last edited by MonstaMunch on Mar 21, 2017, 11:57:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info