After taking estrogen for three months!

"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

The changed behavior of friends sounds understanable to me. After some thoughts I think I would also change a bit. But not much. You would still get the dirty jokes. No matter if you are men or women. But what about your Family? Colleagues? "not so close" friends?

I really did not get much 'hate', but more of fear. I can evidently tell that some individuals are unsure how to approach me.

Probably they are insecure.

"
sarahaustin wrote:

Not every trans woman looks like the woman you think she should look like. Thats part of the core issue. There are standards to what women are supposed to look like.

I dont even bother to wear make up or wigs or the like, so im fine here but in america i would get beat up for using the womens bathroom.

If someone looks like a man, and has the physical traits and parts of a man they might find they get weird looks or get ostracized when going into the woman's bathroom, it works the other way around too.

For example:

The individual pictured below could be legally a woman, and in all mental respects have Gender Dysphoria and truly have the mentality of a woman and feel uncomfortable in her own body. She doesn't look the way society thinks women should look, doesn't look the way I am used to women looking, and when she uses that bathroom and there are women, young women, little girls etc... people may have kneejerk reactions to it. Are these people just disgusting ignorant vile rednecks? Probably not. Is it the entire society that needs to change to accommodate her being able to use the woman's bathroom?

I mean, I don't think there's a narrow definition of how a woman should look. My ex-GF had a buzz cut the entire time I was with her, and she didn't dress "lady like" just usually a nice fitted t-shirt, jeans and vans.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 17, 2017, 12:09:10 PM
"
BelieverP wrote:
emm why did u do that?

It is a bit shocking someone asks this question at this stage of this forum discussion isn't it?
"
de99ial wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

The changed behavior of friends sounds understanable to me. After some thoughts I think I would also change a bit. But not much. You would still get the dirty jokes. No matter if you are men or women. But what about your Family? Colleagues? "not so close" friends?

I really did not get much 'hate', but more of fear. I can evidently tell that some individuals are unsure how to approach me.

Probably they are insecure.

A quick update though. Recently met some cross-dressing cosplayer who obviously beats me in passing off as a female and he laughed off my looks and claimed that I need bigger boobs.

As someone suffering from gender dysphoria that was some of the most hurtful thing I heard. It implies that I am merely doing all this for fun and that also means challenging my identity as a female based on my assets.
"
Recently met some cross-dressing cosplayer who obviously beats me in passing off as a female and he laughed off my looks and claimed that I need bigger boobs.

That is a shitty thing to say no matter how you look at it. Probably this person has other problems. Don't be bothered with what people say.
Censored.
That can only be the words of someone who never had a girlfriend with big boobs, the constant complaining about having big gravity boobs can get more annoying than playing around with them.

Maybe he meant you should dress more like one of those slugs, maybe thats his audience.

Having a proud backbone is more important.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Recently met some cross-dressing cosplayer who obviously beats me in passing off as a female and he laughed off my looks and claimed that I need bigger boobs.

Unfortunately there are jerks in every group. Perhaps it was meant jokingly, but intent aside it's poor form to be hurtful and Cosplay is about sharing and acceptance. Sorry for your poor experience, the vast majority of Cosplay and Crossplay people are not like that.
"
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Unfortunately there are jerks in every group. Perhaps it was meant jokingly, but intent aside it's poor form to be hurtful and Cosplay is about sharing and acceptance. Sorry for your poor experience, the vast majority of Cosplay and Crossplay people are not like that.

Agreed here. It's unfortunate that this person isn't aware of how damning his words were. It's extremely poor form for other cosplayers to inform others they're "doing it wrong" or "don't pass as _". Then again, maybe he was aware? There's a problem going around with my generation and a little lower where individuals have unwarranted self-importance.

It may be difficult for you to do, but ignore things like this: There will only be more down the road. You'll find this to be increasingly true the more you pass as female, and it may surprise you that other women tell you the same thing he did.

Some people never grow out of high school.

Additionally, as a cosplayer myself, let me reinforce Aldora's words in saying the overall cosplay community is generally extremely accepting, forgiving, and open to new ideas. There are women who cosplay as men, and men who cosplay as women. It's not about gender. It's about the love of a character.
Spoiler
Okay. I admit, some times it's about gender. Some people fetishize it.

I hope that this experience does not discourage you, but in fact reinforces your decision to transition and even encourages you to cosplay as female figures you adore from movies, anime, manga, or video games.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Mar 18, 2017, 5:00:45 AM
The very first rule for happy life - DO NOT BOTHER what other thisk and say abou You.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info