After taking estrogen for three months!

"
eviL_Bison wrote:
I guess I'm not too late to give you my respect.

I don't understand the causes for your feelings. I tried, but thats to much for me. I might a lot more time to read through this whole topic and other sources to get a better point of veiw here. I will try that later. But I accept your decision. And I have absolute respect for you to talk about this in public.

If I saw it right, you'll now 6 months on Estrogen right?

What changed now? Besides the obvious. Do you feel better? Du you feel more self esteem? Less "self hate"? (idk how to describe this better). How does your environment reacts to you? I expect a lot of hate or a lack of understanding.

One additional thing, what I want to know is... do transgender Woman get their Menopause? (Biologically not, but I'm curious how this is handled)

Oh and your picture shows a beautiful woman!

Have a nice day :3

@SarahAustin you're from Germany if I got that right here in the Thread. Is that correct? If yes, what are your reactions here in germany? I never met a transgender person, as far as I know. Sorry if I'm too inquisitive here.

ps: feel free to educate me if you want.

Bison

You probably did but just didnt know. ;)

Its really relaxed here. I use the womens bathroom already without any problems. No one says anything. Some look, some are curious. I educate those that want it. I wouldnt want to live in america in the next 4 years, thats for sure even tho its my goal to move there.

I get my hormones in May if everything works out and the insurance will pay for it. Cant wait to get them.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Now there are plenty of people who grew up under similar circumstances, and turned out just fine. So the real issue could go all the way back to genetics.

There is a strong genetic component - almost 70% for twins.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606922/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2242349/

Although there aren't any medications approved for direct use, and therapy results are mixed, there are therapies and off label medications (like using anti-convulsants such as Gabapentin to help control impulsiveness) that can help by reducing some of the underlying causes.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
sarahaustin wrote:
I wouldnt want to live in america in the next 4 years, thats for sure even tho its my goal to move there.

Don't be so paranoid, you really let the media throw your head into a spin. If you look like a woman, dress like a woman and don't make a big deal about it no one will even give you a second look, we're all too busy to care. But, if you come here LEGALLY, you're welcome with open arms and will be a fellow American. ...and also get your complimentary handgun.

anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 14, 2017, 11:03:01 PM
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

What changed now? Besides the obvious. Do you feel better? Du you feel more self esteem? Less "self hate"? (idk how to describe this better). How does your environment reacts to you? I expect a lot of hate or a lack of understanding.

Bison

I feel much more at ease being my true self now! In fact, lots of my male friends have changed their attitudes towards me. Those horny bastards that used to tell me about sex are now acting gentlemanly in front of me. I would not fall for their tricks so easily unlike cisgender girls. This is the interesting part of someone who has lived in both male and female bodies.
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

One additional thing, what I want to know is... do transgender Woman get their Menopause? (Biologically not, but I'm curious how this is handled)

Bison

Woooow. Finally someone asked a question that I never thought about! I have no idea as to whether I will get menopause later on. Most likely not, as my hormone levels are artificially controlled rather than natural.
"
Manocean wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
I wouldnt want to live in america in the next 4 years, thats for sure even tho its my goal to move there.

Don't be so paranoid, you really let the media throw your head into a spin. If you look like a woman, dress like a woman and don't make a big deal about it no one will even give you a second look, we're all too busy to care. But, if you come here LEGALLY, you're welcome with open arms and will be a fellow American. ...and also get your complimentary handgun.

So in other words if i have passing privilege people are ok with me being a trans woman? Lol. I enjoy this one thing about germany, that i dont need to pass to be accepted and use the womens bathroom.
"
Deadpeng wrote:

I feel much more at ease being my true self now! In fact, lots of my male friends have changed their attitudes towards me. Those horny bastards that used to tell me about sex are now acting gentlemanly in front of me. I would not fall for their tricks so easily unlike cisgender girls. This is the interesting part of someone who has lived in both male and female bodies.

The changed behavior of friends sounds understanable to me. After some thoughts I think I would also change a bit. But not much. You would still get the dirty jokes. No matter if you are men or women. But what about your Family? Colleagues? "not so close" friends?

"
Deadpeng wrote:

Woooow. Finally someone asked a question that I never thought about! I have no idea as to whether I will get menopause later on. Most likely not, as my hormone levels are artificially controlled rather than natural.

You are welcome. :D

This was a random question that came to my mind. So you can avoid this. Not that bad. I think.

Thx for the answeres :)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

So in other words if i have passing privilege people are ok with me being a trans woman? Lol. I enjoy this one thing about germany, that i dont need to pass to be accepted and use the womens bathroom.

what i said is that if you're a woman and you do everything like/as a woman no one will care, how would they even know otherwise. You're putting your own 'victim complex' spin on it. It sounds like you want to be a trans-woman more than you want to be a woman.

Look @ deadpeng, who would even care or notice what bathroom she goes into?
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 15, 2017, 11:10:01 AM
"
Manocean wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:

what i said is that if you're a woman and you do everything like/as a woman no one will care, how would they even know otherwise. You're putting your own 'victim complex' spin on it. It sounds like you want to be a trans-woman more than you want to be a woman.

Look @ deadpeng, who would even care or notice what bathroom she goes into?

That is exactly my point. Not all trans women "pass". Deadpeng has passing privilege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ya1-GjAc0

Watch that if you dont get it.

Not every trans woman looks like the woman you think she should look like. Thats part of the core issue. There are standards to what women are supposed to look like.

I dont even bother to wear make up or wigs or the like, so im fine here but in america i would get beat up for using the womens bathroom.
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

The changed behavior of friends sounds understanable to me. After some thoughts I think I would also change a bit. But not much. You would still get the dirty jokes. No matter if you are men or women. But what about your Family? Colleagues? "not so close" friends?

I really did not get much 'hate', but more of fear. I can evidently tell that some individuals are unsure how to approach me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info