Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

I only played (stopped almost a year ago) self found myself, but only because I'm still waiting for trade to be internal.
So I hope this is not a cop out for an internal trading system. If not it's a great addition.
Hopefully I'll see a time that I can rejoin this great game (I'm not good enough at, haven't got the time for, this game) with trading within the game.

Just adding a SSF league isn't enough.
That league needs to have drop rates increased - significantly.

From the fact that characters can be ported to non SSF leagues it seems this won't happen.

I would also love to see SSF normal and HC leagues.
"
xykivo wrote:

And why?

I am playing SSF by myself, but I am totally against this. If it is just about getting items or making progress as fast as possible, than I would say go instead for trading or group play.

If you think otherwise you will not be able to get into endgame, then the correct solution must be extending the time a league lasts, so you are able to have more time to catch up. But not to increase drop rates. Every game I know where they gone in some way a way like increasing drop rates, or lets call it making the game "easier", the game destroyed itself. See Diablo 3 when they removed Inferno difficulty because everyone cried that it is so hard and that they are not able to get items to beat the game. Already a few days after game release... Now D3 is just a joke on every difficulty. Or see Vanilla World of Warcraft when epic items where thought of as THE endgame items and where it was hard to get them and where you were proud wearing a complete suite of epic items. Now the word 'epic' lost everything the word suggests. They even invent new difficulties every few months because old difficulties get nerfed to the ground 'cause even the badest players think they have to beat the game on every difficulty.

Why not just deal with it that you will get as far as time you invested and your skills will carry you? It is the same for me and everyone else. And if you are not able to kill Shaper on SSF, then go for trading or search for group support. But I guarantee you, your enjoyment to kill Shaper on SSF after finally getting all the stuff it needs will be much more pleasure than Shaper kill number X after day number 3. And if it will not be this league, then maybe next...

And this is why I am totally agains increased drop rates. You already have the ability to look for special items with farming divination cards.
Last edited by Perimax on Jan 24, 2017, 9:49:18 AM
"
SSF is definitely a good addition. I'd like to see SSF characters as an offline version of the game. At some point in the future, GGG will probably stop running the Path of Exile servers. Hopefully that'll be more than a decade away, but who knows? It might be sooner than that. I'd like to know if GGG will, in the event that it stops running the servers, release a stand alone version of the game?

this, man a offline version for the SSF is maybe the best deal. 0 lag or connection problems.
Eh, I've played SSF almost exclusively for over a year (or two?). Simply because I don't have time to summon friends and play together.
The result? I have a total of 6 tier 4 maps in my stash. I might have played one or two of those maps, but I can definitely count all tier 4 maps I have seen on my fingers. Collected 3 or 4 sets of relics to open a portal to Atziri, but never had the guts to take her on (because of lack of equipment).
Because of that, I gave up on PoE about a year ago. I plan to try to see what this atlas thing does, but I doubt it will make the game more approachable.

This is a great game, probably brilliant in some aspects. But it should come with a warning: SSF not welcome :(
"
xykivo wrote:

Just no, people who play SSF don't need higher drop rates now so why would they need it in the SSF league?.. Personally when I play SSF I play it to have to work for the progress and the feeling I get when I find something that I need instead of it dropping on my lap. I think many who play SSF play it for the same reasons I do and for me increased drop rates would just mean staying in standard, hardcore or temp leagues and playing SSF there instead.
"
RestlnPeace wrote:
no trade ! no pt trade! no pt ? really ? this dumbest idea i ve ever heard which Blizzard Failed already with it and turned their FANBASE to a SLAVE for build a certain build.
thats the one of the reason why did i stop play Diablo 3 because stupid RNG system even you spent 123123123123123 hours on game and became a lifeless SLAVE and you never GET the item YOU TARGETED and EVERYONE PLAY SAME CHEAP BUILDS every single Season(i was playing solo i know you can get items in pt for a while ) . Really is this you want to see ?

this game has flexibility , you can do anything you want , you can try anything you want , it has UNIQUE TRADE system (i dont mean poe trade !!!!! i mean alternation-chaos-exalt etc.)
And You want to become singular boring GrindFest game again! Clap Clap seems like some Elitist Casual shit talker kids IDEA who lost their Favorite boyband because they became famous :D
GL with finding your weapons flasks armors and orb of regrets :D

Yea i know you can play whatever mode you want, but you slice in to pieces amount of PC PLayers into different modes and it should make your game modes is ghost town or AFK TOWN.

thats my opinion if this happen i stop playing i can find another game , Im not a crybaby like other crybaby elitists here
casuals really ? :D they think this game is competitive even diablo 2 wasnt competitive whatever :D

and IDC about ragepost i have enough experience with any kind online games believe me(im 34 y old and im in the game industry Looong time ) and this is my opinion

PS: yea my english & grammar sucks , i know it, at least i can speak several languages gtfo

are you sure you are 34? Feels like you missed a dot somewhere, 3.4 maybe? SSF is about making do with what you find and you do not make builds with this mindset: "yeah, i am going low life later when i get shavs". Because most likely you won't get shavs ant it's silly to plan your build on a specific unique in ssf.
"
saninn1 wrote:
Yea another way to split the community into 30 different smaller ones.... so make trade now EVEN MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Cmon dudes... i cant sell a single exalt for 3 days unless i list it on suicide ratio... the community is getting smaller and smaller and you are getting it split into 1203010 leagues and consoles and etc... maybe next step is to make a mobile version of the game and add it as league so we split even more....
Please fire the guy in charge of all this Nerfs and bad ideas already... Do you even play your own game !?!

Maybe try to make a character to 95 and try to trade something just to see how badly the economy of your game is now...i was able to sell 5Links and 6Links in mid price for like 5 min last 2 leagues.... nowadays i spam chats and i list and relist lower and lower but its a hecking desert out there...not a soul...Split the 300 of us that still play the game into 30 groups with 10 ppl in every group

Play in hardcore and you will be able to sell stuff. Softcore is a dump, once people get best gear they want, they are done. It happens within first few weeks of the league. After that it is a dying league.
I'm always playing in hardcore leagues and always solo xD I've been playing in a party only a few times and in the very beginning of the game, a very, very long time ago
Wat

what do you mean.... you can actually play some other way other than solo without outside assistance? But that's how I've been playing all this time!

seriously

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info