Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

Do the facebreaker divination card before adding SSF
P L E A S E
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
this is how I played already. Glad to see a ladder for it though. +1 hype
BLARG
incoming bind on account items?
I have read through this thread and the complaints really confuse me. This SSF is going to be an optional mode, like hardcore is optional. It's not like GGG is forcing this mode on anyone. If this play style doesn't interest you, then what have you lost? To the people that like this sort of play style (includes myself) then it's a big plus.
"
travisiscool wrote:
incoming bind on account items?

Nope
This is brilliant imo......this SSF model was planned for xbox announcement.......this will satisfy people that are hardcore, early supporters and people that want the game be harder and competitive.....i have to say this but you are a wizard when it comes to PR Chris

This could have be done years ago, but couldn't be done until xbox was ready and enough money gathered......just brilliant.....this is how it is done :)
bah humbug, How dare GGG spend money and resources on developing this thing that I'm never going to use. I mean imagine if the balance of the other leagues gets negatively influenced by SSF balance grumble grumble grumble.

Naaa but seriously this is great - it's great to see GGG putting the time and effort in to support these members of the community while expanding the community as a whole :D
Hello,

I really appreciate the upcoming SSF support, as I only play SSF by myself. Tried 2 times selling items, hated it, and went fully SSF. So I was really looking for some kind of comparison between my characters and others.

But what I really do not like is this opt-out thingy.

If you want to play SSF league, then play SSF league. If you want to play trading leagues then play trading leagues. What is the point of being able to opt-out any time from SSF to trading? I am also not able to opt-out from hardcore to softcore or vice versa. And it is also senseless, because why then not everybody automatically starts in the SSF league untill he/she opens a trade window or joins a party and then automatically gets an opt-out. So this opt-out thing does not make any sense to me...

And what happens to the ladder if you opt-out? I do not want to see a majority of characters on the SSF ladder that are not playing in SSF league anymore, because if I look at the character profiles they all may already be trading chars. I know they have reached their position before the opt-out and therefore earned their ranking - this is true, but I also think that a SSF ladder has to be viewed a little bit more critical than a trading ladder. In a trading ladder you have the possibility to optimize your gear nearly any time just limited by your currency, which can be increased by trading itself again. But in SSF a lot of currency has a total different 'real value', as in a trading league. I have to craft a lot of items by myself if my RNG fails with item drops - especially in SSF HC. For example I do not care how many Exalted Orbs I have, they are nice to have and usefull, but in first place I much more care about how many Fusings, Regals and Chromas I have remaing. So everytime I have to craft something I also have to think about if it is worth crafting, because maybe later I will need to craft again and then I am missing a lot of currency which maybe will then hinder my progress as I am lacking DPS or defence. But if I do not really plan to play SSF in the long run I can just bet on good RNG, spend my currency as if it worth nothing, play for a high SSF rank, then opt out and trade in the trading league then back for new currency again.

And with a new league I enjoy watching progress of different people on the ladder. But for a trading league a ladder becomes unpredictable, because everytime someone could decide to opt-out from SSF and joining a trading ladder. Don't think this is fair for those going for a competetive game with high ranks and can not estimate who their opponents are. I will not be affected by this I think I will never be in ladders but I really like watching the ladders and twitch streams of those going the competitive way.

So I am really hyped for a SSF league, but please not in the way with this opt-out option. Give us a real independent SSF league for SC and HC and without opt-out. You want to play trading, then play trading. You want to play SSF? Then choose SSF!

Sorry for mistakes and bad English, I am not a native English speaker. Also I do not have a reddit account, so I hope my critisism will also be heared in this forum. And I am sorry if somebody already posted something like this.

Thank you for reading my wall of text.

Cheers.
That might make a bunch of people happy ;)
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
SSF is definitely a good addition. I'd like to see SSF characters as an offline version of the game. At some point in the future, GGG will probably stop running the Path of Exile servers. Hopefully that'll be more than a decade away, but who knows? It might be sooner than that. I'd like to know if GGG will, in the event that it stops running the servers, release a stand alone version of the game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info