Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
Real problem would be - splitting players and community even more! I see no point to do so, as its not helping anyone.

Self finders are already split. There will be no change.
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

I also support the idea of increasing loot quality or drop rates for SSF league. Some items may never drop and is obtainable through super good luck.

For example prior to this league,
I vaal-ed almost 30++ drillnecks and farm the drillneck cards like a madman at act 1 "the climb" and also bought the cards. All the vaal-ed attempts failed and I almost ragequit this game.

I realized that my RNG was super shitty and I gave up and bought one instead for 15ex.

What I am trying to say is that even if you put in the hard work and farm whole day for weeks or months, you may never get the item that you wanted.

SSF league limits your loot opportunities by removing trade completely and if item quality and drop rates still remains the same, certain items are simply unobtainable.

Maybe if you spend 1 or 2 years self-finding that items or collect the cards, it may be obtainable.
But that's simply a torture and not enjoyable at all.

Perhaps if GGG drops the opt-out idea and brings back Cadiro for SSF in 2.6 ...
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
SSF league limits your loot opportunities by removing trade completely and if item quality and drop rates still remains the same, certain items are simply unobtainable.

Yeah, and? Doing what you can with what you can find is the point. Sure, when I was leveling characters in D2, it would have been nice to have gotten more pieces of the lower-level sets, but they didn't drop. That's how it goes. /shrug

I guess it's just a different style of play. I don't aim for a specific set of gear when making a character. I just play it and see what I can do with what I find. Not try to work my way to some specific 'perfect'.

(Only time I even played an ARPG multiplayer was one D2 character that I ran privately with three friends. And I may have done a single trade in that game, for the only SoJ I ever owned. Otherwise, I've been playing ARPGs for decades entirely SSF. No, I've never had a godly 'endgame' monster. But like I said, that's not necessarily my aim. I like leveling alts to try different things.... the whole infinite-respec thing is probably my least favorite part of Diablo 3.)
I'll play SSF hardcore for punish me for my sins

No! I'll play because now none streamer will have shavrones 6l at third day and infinite map pool

Lets see who is the boss! Finally justice on the earth

always u can cry, its free
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
I want to personally thank GGG.

I play SSF for about 2 years now and frankly one of the worst patches ever for me was that where you added vendor gem trading.

Part of fun with SSF is that you find everything yourself. Back when vendors didn't sell most of gems finding chain or fork supports were super fun because they ENABLED you new things with build.

I hope that beside you just locking league to trade you will remove vendor gem trading.

Either way i am super happy.
"
Kiralyn wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Yeah, and? Doing what you can with what you can find is the point.

That is your personal and individual preference.

What's the point of grinding when it's almost close to impossible to get the item that you want?
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
What's the point of grinding when it's almost close to impossible to get the item that you want?

You already have the possibility to get every single item you want. Just trade for it! Even in Diablo 3 where it is in fact possible to "grind" for every single item by yourself without spending too much time, people still complain that drop rates are too low. There will never be a balance for droprates, because we are so many different people playing this game. Some are playing this game for 2 or 3 hours on a weekend, others are playing this game for 12+ hours a day. So how do you want to balance this? I say drop rates are fine. And those who think they need special items should just go with trading. Even if you would double or triple drop rates, there is still something called "RNG", and so you would still cry for your special item because you do not get it fast enough.

Somebody said playing Self Found is making the best out of the situation with the items you find. I agree and share this opinion. And so far there still was no build I was not able to play. Of course I did not kill Shaper so far and I also only just arrived at T10 maps so far, but I know I could easily go for it if I wanted to, I just have to trade, but then the whole game loses its fun factor to me. It's a game by "Grinding Gear Games", you know?
Man, I have to give my 2 cents here as well. so so excited about this change!!

I've been playing SSF for many years now with my own set of rules:

- selling dropped items to others for currency is OK
- trading one kind of currency for another is also OK

I understand that regulating something like that (e.g. being able to receive only currency in trades) might be hard or impossible to implement. even without it I will definitely play the new league! I agree with others that managing with what you have is the challenge, so I'm OK with the current drop rates and the fact that I might never get certain items.

If possible, I would also vote for "no vendor gems" for this new league since finding the gems that I need for my build was part of the excitement before the gem patch came out.

All in all, great addition to the game! Can't wait!!

Is there an official release date out for 2.6.0? And also, do we get act 5 with it?
As I understand, 2.6.0 is a stopgap league which will afford the developers more time to get act 5 ready for release with 3.0

I'm also on board with the idea of no gems from vendors in SSF. I'm still in the habit of grabbing any gems that drop in case they might be useful. It would further slow the progress, but that's part of the SSF deal, and it makes gem drops and quest rewards more significant.
The more I think of it, droprates on low- and mid-tier divination cards that drop in specific zones should be increased to make it doable to farm. Especially the ones dropping in zones in general progression as these areas are usually not played through more than once so cards would not flood the market in regular leagues. And of course the price per card/item are so low anyways that farming them would not impact the economy either. Like Rise of the Phoenix is now a 1C shield, wasent insanely expencive when it was popular either, but droprates for the card is just insanely low. You wouldnt see the shield in less than 500 full clears or something? So why does the divination card exist at all? No reason to not up the droprate, and as a bonus we can get a rewarding SSF-farming experience, and have some build diversity in SSF. Thats my only request for SSF. Droprates on currency, masters, socketing and linking are fine at the moment.

And btw thanks for putting in that reduced trap cooldown supportgem I requested, I dont play every league so I didnt see it before now, youre the best! <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info