Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

is this their attempt at an april fool's joke again just like with providing proper trading tools?! what's next, you actually give us a reason to play on after hitting level 85!??!

but shared challenges already turn this into a joke LOL. you had one job, ggg, to make completing challenges mean something. and you failed epically.

"No one knows if you completed the challenges in an SSF league or not, but this is important so that the SSF mode doesn't feel mandatory"

that makes no sense!!! it's the same damn set of challenges, you just need to colour the number red in the regular league and e.g. yellow in the ssf league, and give the mtx received an asterisk or whatever, it won't de"value" the regular league mtx but still give some reward to people clear the challenges fair and square, ssf

btw, I never would consider partying up, because I don't like the idea. and I would never trade, because I'm sure as hell not using that stone-age chat-spamming manual trading system.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jan 25, 2017, 4:28:46 AM
Would also love to see a mode for people who wants to play with friends but without any trading.

Ex: Items that drop while playing with a friend can be traded between them for one hour before it gets bound to one of them.

Also as someone mentioned a guild selffound would be tons of fun and something new and unique. You make a character for a specific guild and it will be forever bound to the guild. Leaderboards between guidlds etc etc
I stopped playing this game because of trading. I wanted to play it solo self found, but the drop rates are ridiculously terrible, balanced around trading. If you're going to make a self found league, it would be nice to actually make it viable as well. Increase the drop rates. No point in making a self found league with the same shitty rates. We don't play self found for the bragging rights lol. "Bragging rights". Seriously? We play self found because we actually like playing the fucking game not trade simulator. If the drop rates are not increased, SSF will still be not viable. There's that sweet spot between unfair and too easy. It's called the "rewarding" spot. Currently it's on the "unfair" spot.

I would gladly return to this game if drop rates are increased for a SSF league. If they are not, no point.

Also, you should definitely allow party. SSF is about not trading. Playing with friends should still be an option, just disable trading between friends. I enjoyed playing with my friends, I just didn't enjoy trading. One thing has nothing to do with the other.
Last edited by poeFan2 on Jan 25, 2017, 1:23:30 PM
"
wooli wrote:

You CAN opt out of hardcore into software... you just die. You can't opt out of software into hardcore, just as you won't be able to go from tradable to SSF.

Ok, sorry, I think I did not make this clear enough what I was talking about. I am talking about the temp leagues. For example if I die in Breach HC I do not go to Breach SC, instead my character will be send to the regular league, which is for me like "game over" for this character, as I am not interested in this league. This is why I say I can not go from HC to SC.
For those who are saying that the SSF leagues need to have drop rates adjusted, I don't necessarily disagree. However, as long as characters can move to the regular leagues, this can not be allowed to happen. Too many people will use the inflated drop rates in SSF, transfer their characters and trade up a storm.

If the system is to stay as outlined, drop rates need to stay the same. If drop rates increase, items need to become BOA or characters can not be allowed to transfer to regular leagues. Both of these are not appealing to me.

The proposed plan for SSF is fine as it is.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
They said you can opt out at any time which means that the drop rates will be the same as standard. And assuming you cant opt back in again on the same character I dont see any issues at all with it.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
poeFan2 wrote:
I stopped playing this game because of trading. I wanted to play it solo self found, but the drop rates are ridiculously terrible, balanced around trading. If you're going to make a self found league, it would be nice to actually make it viable as well. Increase the drop rates. No point in making a self found league with the same shitty rates. We don't play self found for the bragging rights lol. "Bragging rights". Seriously? We play self found because we actually like playing the fucking game not trade simulator. If the drop rates are not increased, SSF will still be not viable. There's that sweet spot between unfair and too easy. It's called the "rewarding" spot. Currently it's on the "unfair" spot.

I would gladly return to this game if drop rates are increased for a SSF league. If they are not, no point.

Also, you should definitely allow party. SSF is about not trading. Playing with friends should still be an option, just disable trading between friends. I enjoyed playing with my friends, I just didn't enjoy trading. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

NO PARTIES. that's even more important than the no trading factor! partying makes the levelling much faster, and therefore has no place in SOLO SELF FOUND
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jan 27, 2017, 8:20:31 AM
"
poeFan2 wrote:

I also support the idea of increasing loot quality or drop rates for SSF league. Some items may never drop and is obtainable through super good luck.

For example prior to this league,
I vaal-ed almost 30++ drillnecks and farm the drillneck cards like a madman at act 1 "the climb" and also bought the cards. All the vaal-ed attempts failed and I almost ragequit this game.

I realized that my RNG was super shitty and I gave up and bought one instead for 15ex.

What I am trying to say is that even if you put in the hard work and farm whole day for weeks or months, you may never get the item that you wanted.

SSF league limits your loot opportunities by removing trade completely and if item quality and drop rates still remains the same, certain items are simply unobtainable.

Maybe if you spend 1 or 2 years self-finding that items or collect the cards, it may be obtainable.
But that's simply a torture and not enjoyable at all.

What's so interesting to me about all of this is that the SSF leagues are so sought after precisely because playing in parties is so bad.

The monster health scaling is terrible and the graphics performance gets dumpstered in parties.

So congrats on building in support for the kind of game people prefer to play because you can't make the game enjoyable enough in parties.

:-(

Last edited by Verminoth on Jan 27, 2017, 11:56:10 AM
Real problem would be - splitting players and community even more! I see no point to do so, as its not helping anyone.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info