[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

im having a blast with the build, currently using the dot skill tree, i got all resist capped (except chaos resist) even without all items, so im using gangs momentum boots to get more chance to ignite (30% now) and 40% increased dmg against ignited enemies.

now i have a few questions:

- it is better use elemental focus on cyclone instead of inc. area of effect? thinking that im focusing on the dot (idk if the ignite dmg is better on cyclone or molten burst)

- what will be a good cwdt set up to use in this build instead of the ancestral warchief set up?

- if i want to use blood rage, should i drop blood magic gem and use it there?

** thanks for the effort creating this build / post / and time used for it ;)
"
Lunartuna wrote:
I crafted fire damage onto my rings instead of phys and surprisingly it gives slightly more tooltip dps(300)

I CANNOT BELIEVE i just made this belt with one essence of wrath...

on another note..

At 150k cyclone dps and no sibyls lament reflect mobs are best just avoided.
IF im quick on my pots i can make it through a low or medium life mob with dying sun and spamming instant health flask. if not spamming instant life or its a larger mob like a rock golem or bear i will pop like a balloon lol. there is just too much dps(nearly half a million cyclone/molten burst) and my life is instantly gone as if i was one shot by something that did 10k instant damage. even if 2-3 of the molten balls alone(ive now got them at 17k damage per) hit a large health pool reflect mob i pop like a balloon. Pretty much any mob with ele reflect and that explodes when they die will insta gib me too.

So there is defintely a point where you have to start being really careful with reflect even if you have a ruby up 100% of the time like i do. if i want to see lev 95 ill probably have to wear sibyls haha. too many surprise reflect mobs in breaches, double beyond, trapped in essence and strong boxes.

Other than that almost all bosses die in less than 3 seconds..

#MaxDPS

Very nice rings and belt!

First world problem you have over there with your DPS. If you are into levelling, you will have to wear Sibyl to survive the reflect. In fact I do prefer wearing that when I am running breach. It is just safer and you don't have to worry much on running into a reflect in the breach. :)

"
Akutsai wrote:
im having a blast with the build, currently using the dot skill tree, i got all resist capped (except chaos resist) even without all items, so im using gangs momentum boots to get more chance to ignite (30% now) and 40% increased dmg against ignited enemies.

now i have a few questions:

- it is better use elemental focus on cyclone instead of inc. area of effect? thinking that im focusing on the dot (idk if the ignite dmg is better on cyclone or molten burst)

- what will be a good cwdt set up to use in this build instead of the ancestral warchief set up?

- if i want to use blood rage, should i drop blood magic gem and use it there?

** thanks for the effort creating this build / post / and time used for it ;)

Instead of Elemental Focus, you can consider Concentrated gem. With 2.6 change to how AOE is handled, I am now running Concentrated gem instead of Increased Area of Effect. You won't feel much AOE difference and you hit way harder.

If you are going for CWDT setup, level 3 immortal call + level 1 CWDT + level 20 Increased Duration is a good setup.

As to Blood Rage, you can certainly drop Blood Magic gem. I don't run Blood Magic on my Leap Slam. :)
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Lunartuna wrote:
Spoiler
I crafted fire damage onto my rings instead of phys and surprisingly it gives slightly more tooltip dps(300)

I CANNOT BELIEVE i just made this belt with one essence of wrath...

on another note..

At 150k cyclone dps and no sibyls lament reflect mobs are best just avoided.
IF im quick on my pots i can make it through a low or medium life mob with dying sun and spamming instant health flask. if not spamming instant life or its a larger mob like a rock golem or bear i will pop like a balloon lol. there is just too much dps(nearly half a million cyclone/molten burst) and my life is instantly gone as if i was one shot by something that did 10k instant damage. even if 2-3 of the molten balls alone(ive now got them at 17k damage per) hit a large health pool reflect mob i pop like a balloon. Pretty much any mob with ele reflect and that explodes when they die will insta gib me too.

So there is defintely a point where you have to start being really careful with reflect even if you have a ruby up 100% of the time like i do. if i want to see lev 95 ill probably have to wear sibyls haha. too many surprise reflect mobs in breaches, double beyond, trapped in essence and strong boxes.

Other than that almost all bosses die in less than 3 seconds..

#MaxDPS
Spoiler

Very nice rings and belt!

First world problem you have over there with your DPS. If you are into levelling, you will have to wear Sibyl to survive the reflect. In fact I do prefer wearing that when I am running breach. It is just safer and you don't have to worry much on running into a reflect in the breach. :)

Oh yeah first world problems for sure, at that amount of DPS I don't think any build survives unless they are completely reflect immune.

I'm very happy with the DPS!

Another option is to drop HoA and use purity of fire for the Journey to lev 95. This would get my dps a little more manageable and put max fire res at 86% when ruby is up. That way I wouldn't have to mess around with changing a ring out which one provides essential INT and the other Res. if I put on sibyls I have to switch some other gear or gems to make up for it, which I don't like doing because I have my cold/light resists matched and fire res highest for wise oaks.

The crazy thing is I'm at 6500 life and could drop some constitution nodes and put it into more dps while staying at 6k life. This would probably put me at 190k tooltip(and probably over 500,000dps calculated with 9 projectiles) all buffed up.

I might do this and then try to get some clips of me dropping the guardians as fast as I can make there life go down.
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Apr 24, 2017, 8:44:04 PM
"
Lunartuna wrote:
Another option is to drop HoA and use purity of fire for the Journey to lev 95. This would get my dps a little more manageable and put max fire res at 86% when ruby is up. That way I wouldn't have to mess around with changing a ring out which one provides essential INT and the other Res. if I put on sibyls I have to switch some other gear or gems to make up for it, which I don't like doing because I have my cold/light resists matched and fire res highest for wise oaks.

The crazy thing is I'm at 6500 life and could drop some constitution nodes and put it into more dps while staying at 6k life. This would probably put me at 190k tooltip(and probably over 500,000dps calculated with 9 projectiles) all buffed up.

I might do this and then try to get some clips of me dropping the guardians as fast as I can make there life go down.

Thats what I do if I know of reflect mobs, I drop Xoph and HoA, and use reflect ring. The problem is when you hit something like a golem that hasnt piece together and it was a rare reflect and you die or you pop an essence mob and it has reflect or you speed thru a corridor and you hit a reflect, at 450k+ Cyclone dps nothing is really going to save you if you havent pre-prepped basically cause you burn thru maps/mobs very fast. I lost 20% the other night just off of dumb random reflect encounters...
Can i run with Belly of the Beast instead of Carcass?
Well.. here's about as much DPS as i can squeeze out while maintaining 6k life and nice defensive stats while potted!

Spoiler

Pretty awesome!

Here's the skill tree

Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/bhQI

Gear/gem setup and Jewels

Spoiler

twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Apr 24, 2017, 8:58:30 PM
Hey anyone playing this build in HC? How is it in higher tier maps? Looking for a melee build that's fun and viable, but then again, melee.
Last edited by honerpro on Apr 24, 2017, 7:31:30 PM
"
ToJestNapad_ wrote:
Can i run with Belly of the Beast instead of Carcass?

Certainly. :)

"
Lunartuna wrote:
Well.. here's about as much DPS as i can squeeze out while maintaining 6k life and nice defensive stats while potted!

Spoiler

Pretty awesome!

Here's the skill tree

Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/bhQI

Gear/gem setup and Jewels

Spoiler

Besides gaining more level, you can push your DPS further by obtaining Taste of Hate flask. :)

"
honerpro wrote:
Hey anyone playing this build in HC? How is it in higher tier maps? Looking for a melee build that's fun and viable, but then again, melee.

You can take a look at the hardcore section in the guide. You can find other hardcore players sharing their experience with the build.
Level 87 at the moment.

Flask Setup "Uberlab". I'm bad with the traps, so I need life flasks.

Movement & fusing project (if its ever gets 6S...)

Tree

Actual sitting at 70k effective deeps with Cyclone and 13.5k per molten burst. Cyclone has 48% fire pen without Xoph's and Molten burst is at 84%. There is not much which stays for long.

At this point shaped strands are easy, only Beyond can kill me.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Hey man I really enjoy playing your build but I feel like I've hit a wall.

I'm currently at 5.410k life on level 87 and everytime I try to go clear uberlab I die either to traps (Ok that might be me sucking hard) or to itzaro and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, do I not have enough life? Is my gear crap? Please help, I really want to keep pushing this guy to the max.

I also randomly die during mapping btw :/

Here's my current gear:
Spoiler

What do I need to immediately improve?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info