[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

I remember someone was asking if Hrimnor's Resolve is a good helm for the build.

I finally get to test it and I would say the anti freeze and anti chill does not work from the Molten Burst proc from Cyclone. You need to use a fire skill manually (or via CWDT gem) in order to get the benefit.

Binding Molten Shell with CWDT will be able to trigger it but it is not reliable.

Using skills like Molten Strike will proc it all the time (most reliable).

TLDR: If you do not use any of the above mechanism to proc fire skill, you will only benefit from the fire damage.
Been playing this build in ssf hc, and it's been a breeze atleast in low tier maps. Ele reflect hasn't been a big problem yet, since everything melts so fast :)

Yesterday I found the last uber lab trial and I'm pretty happy about it! The problem is, I have never done uber lab before on any build, so I would like to get some tips first.

A couple of questions:
Are the traps equal to trials traps, or are they harder in uber lab?
Can you just face tank Izaro in every phase? Merciless lab I pretty much just face-tanked him all the time.
Should I change the gem / flask setup somehow to uber lab?

I'm level 83, 6300 life, 4200 unbuffed armor, max res. My damage is good, but not equal to all the fancy (breach) unique gears. I have taken endless hunger, brutal fervour and bane of legends as ascendancy points. I didn't go for Primeval Force, but took life nodes instead, since I've seen people having good success that way too. I am using enfeeble instead of flammability, with blasphemy.

Any tips are welcome! Really enjoying this build and I hope I can enjoy it a lot longer, and won't die to some stupid mistake :) This build really makes you want to go fast, hopefully not "too fast" :D
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Apr 5, 2017, 7:33:54 AM
"
Steamr0ller wrote:
Been playing this build in ssf hc, and it's been a breeze atleast in low tier maps. Ele reflect hasn't been a big problem yet, since everything melts so fast :)

Yesterday I found the last uber lab trial and I'm pretty happy about it! The problem is, I have never done uber lab before on any build, so I would like to get some tips first.

A couple of questions:
Are the traps equal to trials traps, or are they harder in uber lab?
Can you just face tank Izaro in every phase? Merciless lab I pretty much just face-tanked him all the time.
Should I change the gem / flask setup somehow to uber lab?

I'm level 83, 6300 life, 4200 unbuffed armor, max res. My damage is good, but not equal to all the fancy (breach) unique gears. I have taken endless hunger, brutal fervour and bane of legends as ascendancy points. I didn't go for Primeval Force, but took life nodes instead, since I've seen people having good success that way too. I am using enfeeble instead of flammability, with blasphemy.

Any tips are welcome! Really enjoying this build and I hope I can enjoy it a lot longer, and won't die to some stupid mistake :) This build really makes you want to go fast, hopefully not "too fast" :D

I recommend you to read up experience shared by other players using this build.

You can take a look at HC game play experience shared by @zelihood.

Also, do take a look at @Bymen's HC experience. His HC character managed to reach level 96 using the build before dying to elemental reflect in a less life recovery T15 map.

For hardcore, you will want to focus on getting more toughness from the tree so that you can survive the ordeal.

Traps in Uber lab does appear to do more damage but with Endless Hunger, you should be able to tank through them. If you have just killed a bunch of mob, you can easily run through traps and won't take much damage because the leech is still in effect.

If you are unfamiliar with Uber Izaro, I suggest you to skip Argus (I find him hitting harder than Izaro, likely because you have to fight him in full health, whereas Izaro is split into 3 phases) unless you have 5 endurance charges and running 7000 health.

Also, for each phase, take out his helper. This will make phase 3 a lot easier.

Must have flasks for Uber Izaro: Granite (Lion's Roar) and Basalt (Taste of Hate). Always cast Enduring Cry and pop the flasks right before engaging him.

Also, Quick Silver flask is great to run through traps.

If you are uncertain, take 2 life flasks (1 with anti bleed) to handle the traps.

And of course, the hardcore players will be able to provide even better advice than me. :)
how can i improve my gear and am i using right gems in chest and axe?
I'm trying to use Path of Building to run some calcs/tree options. Could anyone with experience help me understand how Molten Strike is calculated in? First off, is the displayed "Average DPS" on a per-projectile basis, or total? Further, is there a way to see my total effective DPS (Cyclone + Molten Burst + Glove Enchant), or should I just add the values listed? That is to say, does the Molten Burst DPS already account for some range of procs-per-minute?

For example, if I spin for ten seconds on a single target (using basic numbers):

Cyclone = 50,000 dps
*5,000 dmg/hit
*5.00 attack rate (5 hits/sec)
*x2 multiplier

Molten Burst = 70,000 dps
*10,000 dmg/hit
*20% chance per melee hit to proc, capped by a 0.15 sec ICD
**One melee hit from Cyclone every 0.2 sec
**Averages to one proc per second
*7 projectiles

Total DPS = 120,000

Do I have this right?
Thank you kira1414 for the tips! Second life flask was good for sure, not for the traps so much, but at the Izaro :P Don't even wanna know how low I got two times. He sure hits like a truck even when you have 6400hp and flasks on, damn! I think you can practice the timing for the hard hits, but this was my first uber lab.

Traps were easier than I thought and otherwise it was just face-tanking. This build sure can farm uber lab, but I think I won't be doing that again any time soon :P

But completing once is enough for me, wooop!!
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Apr 5, 2017, 2:40:27 PM

Hey, so I got a Kaom's Heart from Cadiro Perandus, and I'm actually using it for this build. I think its great for the life (went from 5.5k life to 6.8k life) and the fire dmg (20-40% fire dmg). Though we get no 6-Link, I have been using a 4-Link setup for Cyclone. It is a dmg decrease for Cyclone, but an increase for Molten Burst (sitting on 8.7k avg dmg instead of 8.3k)

Spoiler
Theres this 4-Link setup -
"

or if you want to keep the dmg for cyclone, just simply put fortify in with leapslam -
"

I think its good budget wise (at least 70c atm), as 6-link carcass jack can be expensive.
(EDIT: Using Pure Dmg Tree)
(another EDIT: just now realizing how cheap cyclone gets lol)
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
Last edited by mattislouie on Apr 5, 2017, 6:25:05 PM
"
Farex91 wrote:
how can i improve my gear and am i using right gems in chest and axe?

The gems on the chest and axe works for ignite skill tree. Your gears are really good.

You can work on replacing your Ruby flask with Dying Sun. Wise Oak's flask is another flask you can use.

"
swilstastic wrote:
I'm trying to use Path of Building to run some calcs/tree options. Could anyone with experience help me understand how Molten Strike is calculated in? First off, is the displayed "Average DPS" on a per-projectile basis, or total? Further, is there a way to see my total effective DPS (Cyclone + Molten Burst + Glove Enchant), or should I just add the values listed? That is to say, does the Molten Burst DPS already account for some range of procs-per-minute?

For example, if I spin for ten seconds on a single target (using basic numbers):

Cyclone = 50,000 dps
*5,000 dmg/hit
*5.00 attack rate (5 hits/sec)
*x2 multiplier

Molten Burst = 70,000 dps
*10,000 dmg/hit
*20% chance per melee hit to proc, capped by a 0.15 sec ICD
**One melee hit from Cyclone every 0.2 sec
**Averages to one proc per second
*7 projectiles

Total DPS = 120,000

Do I have this right?

From wiki:
"
Cyclone spins at the player's attack speed and deals area of effect damage twice per spin. When dual wielding, each weapon hits once per spin.

Movement: Cyclone moves to a targeted location at the player's movement speed. It cannot target an enemy. Clicking further away means the character will go further, but as soon as Cyclone starts, the character can't be controlled and will continue spinning until the final destination. Therefore, high movement speed will allow the player to start another Cyclone in a different direction sooner. However, high attack speed and low movement speed allows for more hits on a stationary enemy.

Deciphering the first paragraph,

Cyclone damage = Damage x Attack Speed x 2

For Cyclone with 2H weapon, taking
"
Total Combined Damage: 4000 to 6000,
average damage = ( 6000 + 4000 ) / 2 = 5000
With Attacks Per Second = 5
Damage Per Second = 5000 x 5 x 2 ( 2 hits per spin ) = 50000

For Molten Burst (assuming 100% proc)
"
Damage per use = 8000
APS = 2.82
Projectiles = 7
Damage Per Second = 8000 x 2.82 x 7 = 157920

The above is not taking buff (aura, flasks) and curse. The actual damage will be much higher. For example, Flammability + Fire Penetration will further buff the damage.

Total Fire Penetration for Cyclone with Xoph's Blood:
"
20 (Ngamahu's Flame) + 10 (Xoph's Blood) + 13 (Primeval Force) = 43%

Total Fire Penetration for Cyclone without Xoph's Blood:
"
20 (Ngamahu's Flame) + 13 (Primeval Force) = 33%

Total Fire Penetration for Molten Burst with Xoph's Blood:
"
20 (Ngamahu's Flame) + 37 (Fire Penetration) + 10 (Xoph's Blood) + 13 (Primeval Force) = 80%

Total Fire Penetration for Molten Burst without Xoph's Blood:
"
20 (Ngamahu's Flame) + 37 (Fire Penetration) + 13 (Primeval Force) = 70%

From wiki list on monster resistance, if a monster have 85 fire resist, with Flammability + Fire Penetration, the monster resistance will be:

Cyclone Damage with Xoph's Blood
"
Monster resistance = 85 - 44 - 43 = -2%
Cyclone DPS = 50000

Damage dealt = 50000 x 1.02 = 51000

Molten Burst Damage with Xoph's Blood
"
Monster resistance = 85 - 44 (level 20 Flammability) - 80 = -39%

Monster will take 139% more damage from fire for Molten Burst.

Damage dealt = 8000 x 2.82 x 7 x 1.39 = 219508

Total Damage with Xoph's Blood
"
51000 + 219508 = 270508

NOTE: Above calculation is based on monster with highest fire resistance and only taking fire penetration + flammability into consideration. Other source of buff are not used in the calculation.

"
Steamr0ller wrote:
Thank you kira1414 for the tips! Second life flask was good for sure, not for the traps so much, but at the Izaro :P Don't even wanna know how low I got two times. He sure hits like a truck even when you have 6400hp and flasks on, damn! I think you can practice the timing for the hard hits, but this was my first uber lab.

Traps were easier than I thought and otherwise it was just face-tanking. This build sure can farm uber lab, but I think I won't be doing that again any time soon :P

But completing once is enough for me, wooop!!

Grats on clearing Uber lab in HC! Work on your toughness and if possible, get Taste of Hate flask. A must have for handling incoming physical damage. It also provide huge buff to your cold resistance, and more damage too.

"
mattislouie wrote:

Hey, so I got a Kaom's Heart from Cadiro Perandus, and I'm actually using it for this build. I think its great for the life (went from 5.5k life to 6.8k life) and the fire dmg (20-40% fire dmg). Though we get no 6-Link, I have been using a 4-Link setup for Cyclone. It is a dmg decrease for Cyclone, but an increase for Molten Burst (sitting on 8.7k avg dmg instead of 8.3k)

Spoiler
Theres this 4-Link setup -
"

or if you want to keep the dmg for cyclone, just simply put fortify in with leapslam -
"

I think its good budget wise (at least 70c atm), as 6-link carcass jack can be expensive.
(EDIT: Using Pure Dmg Tree)
(another EDIT: just now realizing how cheap cyclone gets lol)

Kaom's Heart is an okay chest but personally I feel too much is sacrificed. A 5L Belly will be better in my view. :)
"
kira1414 wrote:
Kaom's Heart is an okay chest but personally I feel too much is sacrificed. A 5L Belly will be better in my view. :)

Yeah, didnt think about belly though. I actually got lucky with fusing my carcass-

don't have to go through the misery of no 5/6 Link now. :)
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
Is this build uber atziri viable/shaper viable? Been reading with slayer its not as good against bosses compared to beserker/raider due to no vaal pact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info