[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
mrpetrov wrote:
Just one observation here - a lot of people are focusing on maximizing your cyclone dps. Cyclone doesn't do most of your dps - molten burst does, so just keep that in mind. Especially when it comes to jewels for example.

I also get the feeling I'm the only one using a cospris will armour? Dual curses are very cool, enfeeble is like a 30% more EHP multiplier.
P.

yeah this is why i opted for increased attack speed in my 5l.

more attacks, more balls, more leech
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Just one observation here - a lot of people are focusing on maximizing your cyclone dps. Cyclone doesn't do most of your dps - molten burst does, so just keep that in mind. Especially when it comes to jewels for example.

I also get the feeling I'm the only one using a cospris will armour? Dual curses are very cool, enfeeble is like a 30% more EHP multiplier.
P.

The Cospri's looks interesting. I think I would need to change a round a couple of things to switch to that (not to mention needing a small fortune for 6L).

Edit: Also my molten burst is hitting for 9.9k per ball. :)
IGN: Sweethart
Last edited by haenic on Mar 13, 2017, 8:24:14 PM
So i did ask but u didn't answer xD I have like 100% fire pen with fire pen in 6L setup and flask, plus -42 fire res from flammability so will enemy's resistence turns to minus ?
"
haenic wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.

The Cospri's looks interesting. I think I would need to change a round a couple of things to switch to that (not to mention needing a small fortune for 6L).

Edit: Also my molten burst is hitting for 9.9k per ball. :)

How do you calculate your molten burst damage?

With Cospri's, you really need to take a different tree path, as you want to get the mana reservation nodes to run HoA+2xcurses+blasphemy (no room for enlighten). You can see my character PettyWapWap.

You need Devoto's Devotion, or a lot of Dex from elsewhere, to run Cospri's as you need the dex. You also get amazing Chaos resist from running Devoto's + Cospri's.

Anyway, I'd love others to try it - I run temp chains and enfeeble as my DPS using Elemental Overload is so high anyway I prefer the survivability boost (I'm not a great player - I tend to just jump into huge mob packs). You'll also see in my setup I run Enduring Cry self cast and Blood Rage too for the leech and IAS.

P.
"
haenic wrote:
Ok, I have some questions on where to go next. I finally got a Xoph's blood and my dps went from 36k to 56k (without totem down).

What am I doing with final setup..... I picked-up Vaal Lighting Trap to throw on bosses (shocked +50% damage), but if I do go with purity of fire, flam, and enlighten (only lvl 2 so i can't use this yet) i have another gem slot that can't go to war totem. Should I just throw in WED and have Totem, WED, Herald of Ash, and Vaal Lightning Trap in helm?

I cannot keep IAoE because it increases the cost of Herald of Ash.

Also, I noticed in several comments that you said Purity of Fire isn't needed any more. So what am I doing to max this build out? I'm 86 and I don't get Primeval Force until 90. Enlight 3(4 kek) is a long way away.

I guess my problem is that I'm just not sure what else to work on now. I crafted the gloves and belt is pretty awesome. Really only changes I can make are with gems or new chest (Cospri's). No rush, but i'm just theory crafting and want to optimize this now.

Gear (4th jewel isn't socketed yet, will be 90+):
Spoiler

- Find a better ring for the right ring slot.
- Get taste of hate for even more dmg/mitigation.
"
Ene wrote:
Hi

I just start leveling and want to play this build, can You post some gameplay videos?
Can you recommend handful leveling uniq items?
Would be cool if You can add some leveling gem setups too.

You can check out Phase 3 Uber Izaro, that's the video I made back in 2.5.

For leveling guide, you can check out this, this, and this.

In SSF, I was leveling with Molten Strike and switched to Earthquake + Ancestral Warchief at level 28 and eventually switched Earthquake for Cyclone as I progress.

"
ahould i be using the ignite tree if i dont have either of the rings?

primeval force is so good but i wonder if i should invest into life instead at the moment

im about to buy xophs blood

also is it advisable to have either the taming or emberwake without the other?

Yes certainly. Those 2 rings are not required to run ignite tree. And I would recommend to get Primeval Force. It is really good!

"
also, can u roll with a 5l with the EO tree?

could i just drop the AOE gem and go with crit strike?

Yes you can. I would drop AOE gem for Crit Strike too.

"
Cahelms wrote:
Hello quick question:

I was really interested in using Vaal Cyclone for general mapping ... especially for breaches.
Would this be viable with this build? If so, what would the optimal gem links be and what should be replaced?

Having trouble finding a good set up to test it with.

You don't really need Vaal Cyclone for breaches. The usual cyclone setup is sufficient to handle all breaches. But as to whether it is viable, it certainly will be. You can drop 1 of the damage gem in the 6L chest for Vaal Cyclone. You can also consider dropping the AOE gem and replace it with Vaal Cyclone.

"
haenic wrote:
Ok, I have some questions on where to go next. I finally got a Xoph's blood and my dps went from 36k to 56k (without totem down).

What am I doing with final setup..... I picked-up Vaal Lighting Trap to throw on bosses (shocked +50% damage), but if I do go with purity of fire, flam, and enlighten (only lvl 2 so i can't use this yet) i have another gem slot that can't go to war totem. Should I just throw in WED and have Totem, WED, Herald of Ash, and Vaal Lightning Trap in helm?

Also, I noticed in several comments that you said Purity of Fire isn't needed any more. So what am I doing to max this build out? I'm 86 and I don't get Primeval Force until 90. Enlight 3(4 kek) is a long way away.

I guess my problem is that I'm just not sure what else to work on now. I crafted the gloves and belt is pretty awesome. Really only changes I can make are with gems or new chest (Cospri's). No rush, but i'm just theory crafting and want to optimize this now.

Spoiler

Yes. You can adjust the gem setup for the helm to your liking. :)

With the introduction of Primeval Force, Purity of Fire is no longer required. A ruby flask will be sufficient to tank all single elemental reflect mob in any tier.

If your life pool is around 5.5K, you can certainly go for Primeval Force before getting the life nodes. I would certainly do that since Primeval Force is too good to ignore.

If your resist is capped, you can roll for more armour % on your gloves. That will help greatly. Really nice gloves for Elemental Overload tree.

Your jewels are damage based, you can consider having 7% life on each of them and that will give you 28% more life, which is huge.

Also, what @khoi14021993 said. You can replace your Granite flask for Lion's Roar and Basalt flask for Taste of Hate.

"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.

I will be updating the guide to include the setup for Cospri's Will soon. That should help. :)

"
huyakf1997 wrote:
So i did ask but u didn't answer xD I have like 100% fire pen with fire pen in 6L setup and flask, plus -42 fire res from flammability so will enemy's resistence turns to minus ?

Sorry about that. I probably missed that part. Do you mean having Fire Penetration in the 6L chest setup too? You can go for it but Faster Attack speed will be a better option since Molten Burst is a few fold of Cyclone damage.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
haenic wrote:

Spoiler

Yes. You can adjust the gem setup for the helm to your liking. :)

With the introduction of Primeval Force, Purity of Fire is no longer required. A ruby flask will be sufficient to tank all single elemental reflect mob in any tier.

If your life pool is around 5.5K, you can certainly go for Primeval Force before getting the life nodes. I would certainly do that since Primeval Force is too good to ignore.

If your resist is capped, you can roll for more armour % on your gloves. That will help greatly. Really nice gloves for Elemental Overload tree.

Your jewels are damage based, you can consider having 7% life on each of them and that will give you 28% more life, which is huge.

Also, what @khoi14021993 said. You can replace your Granite flask for Lion's Roar and Basalt flask for Taste of Hate.

I've tried Lion's Roar with this build, and from my experience the knock back makes your molten burst misses a lot, which is a huge detriment to our dmg, especially in breaches where you knock mobs off the expansion which makes you unable to hit them. After NOT using Lion's Roar anymore my breaching and bossing experience becomes much smoother.
Last edited by khoi14021993 on Mar 13, 2017, 11:57:58 PM
"
khoi14021993 wrote:

I've tried Lion's Roar with this build, and from my experience the knock back makes your molten burst misses a lot, which is a huge detriment to our dmg, especially in breaches where you knock mobs off the expansion which makes you unable to hit them. After NOT using Lion's Roar anymore my breaching and bossing experience becomes much smoother.

Yes the knock back is annoying but it is great vs bosses that don't get knocked back. The extra damage from it is much needed for those boss fights too.

You don't have to always activate Lion's Roar in all fights. As you play more with the flask, you will know when is a good time to hit it. :)

EDIT: Updated Alternate Skill Tree for Elemental Overload to include Cospri's Will setup.
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 14, 2017, 12:06:32 AM
just curious as to why you guys drop versatility when going for EO

by keeping it, i am at 80% chance to hit. ive been running my char without RT and i havent noticed a difference.
if i go with EO. I just wonder if 7% chance to crit is enough. but i guess ill have increased crit jewel in there so nevermind

I lose herbalism and RT but Ill be using starkonja. which increases my life to just under 7k with around 3.9k armor. using belly of the beast atm. until i can 6l carcass jack. I feel like belly can make up for my lack of levels at the moment (89)

could go for a beefy accuracy, crit chance and ias jewel

with around 10% chance to crit and 5 attacks per second, id be criting 50% per second.
Last edited by Planisphaerium on Mar 14, 2017, 12:48:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info