[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

hello sir love the build ^_^ just one question is there any other alternative for the dying sun flask and taste of hate flask? coz i realy cant afford it right now
"
eVulsheep wrote:
Hm... So I tried The Shaper for the first time ever in PoE (first time playing PoE) using Carnage Heart. I wasted a portal or two on the first phase and then down to 1 portal when I got to the third one. I would probably have succeeded if I knew I had to rush between the phases to not have to do double the work, I was actually alt-tabbed reading the wiki while he was regenerating...

Been there. Done that. ;)

And congrats on the Shaper kill!

"
Ph34rm3 wrote:
Hi ,

Yes my cyclone is arround 100k . i am quite happy right now but i wish there were 1 more flask slot for speed , cause i can't leave my hybrid flask because of mana problem

Since you are using Writhing Jar, you can switch your life flask for quick silver flask with anti-freeze instead.

"
matkouton wrote:
It turns out with jewel Red dream, I can remove gem Enduring Cry from my outfit, and replace it with Fortify? Since it essentially becomes useless.

Yes. That is right. With Red Dream, you can drop Enduring Cry.

Fortify is meant to be linked to either Cyclone or Leap Slam. Linking to Leap Slam will require you to monitor the fortify buff and keep it active whereas linking it to Cyclone, you have permanent fortify.

"
negativ4000 wrote:
Spoiler

Wow i did it :) Now i know how to link items.

So i'm still not sure why i can't kill shaper. Seems i'm retarded:(

@soulesschild has pretty much nailed it. You will want concentrated gem for Shaper instead of increased area.

You are definitely ready for Shaper. I suppose you just have to get used to his mechanics. Keep the vortexes at the edge of the screen as much as possible as they are the main cause of Shaper failure. You can watch some of the Shaper videos in the guide for reference.

Also, Brine King pantheon is great vs Shaper.

"
negativ4000 wrote:
https://youtu.be/9kKHNtK0cz4
Imho looks cool. I'm still not sure why no one using vaal haste on maps.

Besides Vaal Lightning Trap, Vaal Haste is definitely an option. :)

"
retiredgoat wrote:
So I just got the helm with 40% cyclone damage, but it only adds 2k to my dps, really doesn't seem worth the 9ex I paid for it. Am I missing something?

What else should I do to improve? I have been able to clear everything up until t16 and am having trouble leveling past 87.
I've never found Vaal Lightning trap useful, is there anything else I could switch it for?

Spoiler

Fully buffed, Cyclone enchantment gives at least 20K more damage to the build.

However, it is not required for the build. More of an end game goal when you have all your gears maxed out.

Vaal Lightning Trap is used mainly on boss fight. Otherwise you don't really use it.

Besides what @eVulsheep said, consider running Enfeeble instead of Flammability.

Switching Overflowing Chalice to a Granite flask with anti-curse will generally be better for the build.

"
doChl wrote:
hey whats the difference between this and the scion version? and which do u prefer?

Ah. I see you posted this in Scion thread but mentioned Shadow. Guess you meant Slayer.

Slayer and Scion have different play style. Slayer requires you to know when to evade in order to survive whereas Scion requires you to be in combat in order to survive.

The difference is due to Slayer rely on Endless Hunger while Scion rely on Vaal Pact.

Personally, I prefer Slayer because of life regen. With Vaal Pact, you no longer have life regen so in terms of Uber Lab running, Slayer is definitely smoother than Scion as Slayer pretty much skip through most traps.

"
Phosphenez wrote:
Went for Shaper since maps are so cheap on league atm, deathless run, hardest part was probably killing the boss from in-between phases lmao

Spoiler

Setup used:

Also using weapon swap to leap around faster whenever needed. Brightbeak + 3 green socket Prismatic Eclipse

Cyclone effective dps is around 150k, and 30k per meatball (only 'Enemy covered in ash', no flasks etc)

Grats on the Shaper kill!

I never really get myself around to using weapon switch for mobility in intense fight. Hands too slow for that. ;)

"
icextacy wrote:
hello sir love the build ^_^ just one question is there any other alternative for the dying sun flask and taste of hate flask? coz i realy cant afford it right now

You can find the budget flask setup in the guide. :)
My current Ngamahu axe is about 416 DPS

Is it necessary to buy a perfect one with 420+ dps ?

230% phys and 12% attack speed

Just basically want to know what the END END game gearing would be
"
Valant wrote:
My current Ngamahu axe is about 416 DPS

Is it necessary to buy a perfect one with 420+ dps ?

230% phys and 12% attack speed

Just basically want to know what the END END game gearing would be

I would say 10%+ attack speed with 220%+ axe with corrupted + weapon range

Bronn's corrupted with +1 skill gem

+1 curse corrupted Xophs

All 21/20 gems except Faster Attacks with a 20/23

Opal rings with Ele, fire damage %, life, accuracy (so you can go EO)

rustic belt with ele dmg, life, +300 armor/flask stuff, tri res

Titan gloves with IAS roll from essence with life + tri res , increased armor with fury enchant

Titan Boots with armor, life, tri res, MS, 10% ele pen enchant

Devoto's with 15% cyclone or 40 cyclone dmg. I think IAS wins out slightly in PoB for me

Jewels with 7% life, 16% physical damage, increased attack speed, and AOE dmg or projectile dmg

Basically you'd want GG gear to go EO as fully optimized Kira has shown from other posters that the potential is slightly higher but the gear cost is exponentially more expensive (need huge accuracy rolls on already rare opal rings with other GG mods)
Last edited by soulesschild on Sep 28, 2017, 2:15:18 AM

So What should be my next upgrades to be able to try shaper/atziri?
appart +40% cyclone dmg which is way too expensive!

And after getting Constitution and the 2 sockets in the tree the rest of 5-6 talents where should be placed?
"
Gorrilas wrote:

So What should be my next upgrades to be able to try shaper/atziri?
appart +40% cyclone dmg which is way too expensive!

And after getting Constitution and the 2 sockets in the tree the rest of 5-6 talents where should be placed?

This is a perfect uber farmer, just buy twice entchaned and do shrines for twice blessed, you have than 3 trys to entchant, so no need to buy a helmet with cyclone AS/dmg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://pastebin.com/Gz7exN9Y

is 350k++(with everything up) the highest the build can go against shaper/guardians? seems a bit lackluster compared to some of the builds out there(edit:in terms of cost of upgrades).
Last edited by davincinator on Sep 28, 2017, 6:26:22 AM
"
davincinator wrote:

https://pastebin.com/Gz7exN9Y

is 350k++(with everything up) the highest the build can go against shaper/guardians? seems a bit lackluster compared to some of the builds out there(edit:in terms of cost of upgrades).

You can raise ur dps to 500k+ with EO.

I have actually after killed recently 400k dps (354k without) and deal on shaper 212k.
You need to activate shaper on PoB as boss to see ur real dmg vs him. I think it's familair with mine.
Hey there! First of all, thanks a lot for this guide! I'm having lots of fun with it and I found great infos throughout this thread!

So I've been leveling and gathering some stuff and while I know some of my gear is kinda crappy (gloves and ring mostly) and that I still need some chroma to correctly colour my Bronn's, I was wondering what I should really focus on now.

I've hit 5k HP, while it could definitely be better,it's at least decent for leveling to 90 I guess.

So what should I buy in priority? Xoph's Blood? 6L bronn's? Some nice gloves or rings?

Thanks again!

Is there any other variante insteat of vaal trap? I never use this and so there's a gem free.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info