[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Just took down shaper for this first time with this build. Level 92 with decent-ish gear. 5.8k life, 7200 armor. Died a couple of times (bad positioning with orbs, 3rd phase slam), but honestly, everything was avoidable and the fight was pretty easy overall. My cyclone dps was roughly 140k, molten burst 10k. I still haven't taken the time to update my flasks either (I've always been lazy with flasks for some reason :P). I even fought shaper with my ruby flask still on instead of a sapphire flask.

My gear:

Spoiler

I've bricked a lot of my gems, so there's still room for improvement there. I haven't been able to get cyclone enchant from lab yet, although the blood rage enchant isn't too bad (12% attack speed vs the 15% from cyclone enchant). I'd suggest buying that enchant if you can find it cheap, as it's still a pretty nice dps boost until you can get the cyclone enchant.

Oh, and as a sidenote, I got Starforge on my first shaper kill :D Now I'm debating on whether or not I want to switch the build up to use it or stay with Ngamahu's.

I've always played ranged classes for the most part, so thank you for sharing this build with us, I had a lot of fun playing it :)

"
roflstilskin wrote:
Just took down shaper for this first time with this build. Level 92 with decent-ish gear. 5.8k life, 7200 armor. Died a couple of times (bad positioning with orbs, 3rd phase slam), but honestly, everything was avoidable and the fight was pretty easy overall. My cyclone dps was roughly 140k, molten burst 10k. I still haven't taken the time to update my flasks either (I've always been lazy with flasks for some reason :P). I even fought shaper with my ruby flask still on instead of a sapphire flask.

My gear:

Spoiler

I've bricked a lot of my gems, so there's still room for improvement there. I haven't been able to get cyclone enchant from lab yet, although the blood rage enchant isn't too bad (12% attack speed vs the 15% from cyclone enchant). I'd suggest buying that enchant if you can find it cheap, as it's still a pretty nice dps boost until you can get the cyclone enchant.

Oh, and as a sidenote, I got Starforge on my first shaper kill :D Now I'm debating on whether or not I want to switch the build up to use it or stay with Ngamahu's.

I've always played ranged classes for the most part, so thank you for sharing this build with us, I had a lot of fun playing it :)

starforge is a lot more expensive to play, and given your flasks/gems/gear you won't be able to afford it to make it even close as good as ngamahus
IGN: Kitaen
Hey first of all i would like to thank you for the guide! great work!

But i have a question because im kinda new to the game.

Do you cast Bloodrage and ancestral warchief by yourself or does it get triggered? The same with the beartrap and enduring cry :) how do you proc them?

thx alot for your info.

best regards
Last edited by AngryBavarian on Sep 5, 2017, 3:04:25 PM
Would you recommend taking Iron Reflexes? I just wondered why all people have so much armour and I run around with 2k.
Shaper deathless undoable, infact, shaper is undoable if you didn't play vs shaper 50 times. Need all 5 HP flasks because there is no point in anything else, there is no mobs near shaper. Any gear you have his phase slam instantly kills you, i tested with 4 different 6links so far, nothing survives, have to go around kamehameha, can't insta-leech trough, yellow balls instant death can't leech trough... I have to say this build has been good trough most of the maps and guardians can even be tankfaced, unfortunately one of the worst builds for shaper I have ever played, you need all your gear to be movement based, defenses are negligible, attack is not important actually, don't even need cap resists, you die from anything in there. That's the cost of no vaal pact. I'm trying to figure out how to change skill tree so shaper is farmable, possibly deathless for new players. New players will not be able to do shaper in first 4-5 tries.
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
I want to thank OP for the awesome build. I stop playing for 2 leagues and lost touch with the meta when i came back for the fall of oriath expansion. Started the game with a pathfinder doomfletch and then struggled killing boss in t11 map which made me realize this is not the build i want. Rerolled into a couple of builds end up not even completing the main story line. I saw my friend carried me in uber lab using ngamahu cyclone build which led me to this guide. Good Job.

Despite a late starter, below is my gear;

Spoiler
Spoiler

Running with 6.6K hp, primerval focus and direct damage based (as im focus on boss killing since map clearing dont matter be it ignite or not ignite i still kill mob in a single spin up to t16).
My set up - Gears and passive are tweaked based on my own preference taking into account cost efficiency factor and flellxible mapping (dont need spend chaos reroll map mods) in mind. (For instance how i chose 6L belly instead of bronn as i don't need the damage from bronn when im still 1 shotting using belly. Survival became more important plus easier to roll RRRBBG than brone)
Currently clear basically all kind of map mods (excluding no leech mod and ele reflect) up to t15. Im using this build and kill boss up to t15 deathless usually. Usually just roll alc/vaal map and go without much issues. (-max resist, -recovery, curses, twinned are all non issue)

I have got the major upgrade items covered and am aware some of my gears especially accessories are in dire need of upgrade. which kind of upgrade would be my next biggest upgrades. Trying to be cautious as am aware each upgrade could cost hundreds of chaos at this point.

Your gears are pretty impressive even though you have a late start. Rings and jewels will probably be your next big upgrade. And of course, that helm enchant.

"
Tancerjay wrote:
Just killed Shaper, for my first time on any character, at level 95 with mediocre gear. Died 3 times. First death was to eating some balls when moving to the boss after sitting with Zana in phase two. The second was to the miniboss before p3(I figured I could facetank the frostbolt thing, I was wrong, very easy with smart positioning). Third was a misclick on cyclone right before he died in p3. All deaths were very easily avoidable, and I doubt I would die as much, if at all, if I tried it again.

I definitely recommend picking up Iron Reflexs if your running Bronns, it was a noticeable survivability increase when i grabbed it.

I also have a red dream which was night and day for survivability when farming xp(switched it out for a damage jewel for shaper). My next pickup will be a cyclone enchant hat, as I've had no luck with lab enchants. Working on crafting rings as well, but it is hard.

Grats on your first Shaper kill!

On Iron Reflexes, I would say it is more effective when you are leveling but having evasion is better against Shaper fight. This is because Shaper's 1 shot attack will always kill you and there is no good amount of mitigation that can handle. Instead, having evasion allows you to have a chance to avoid an attack and taking 0 damage.

Yes. Red dream is great QoL jewel for leveling. I personally used it as well in the previous league. :)

"
adobogrizzly wrote:
Just reached level 82 with this build and I'm having a blast! :)

I'm relatively new to this game so my game knowledge is not the best at the moment.

I was just wondering, according to my gear, what would be the next obvious upgrade for me? I can either go the rings path for more life, save a while for xophs or I was thinking of saving up for my next flask.

The FAQ says xophs > taste of hate > dying sun.

Right now I can afford dying sun, but its last on the list. Is this item worth buying now?

Thanks all for your help! :)

Spoiler

I would definitely recommend to wait out and go for Xoph's Blood. Dying Sun's damage buff is only during flask effect so the gain is not as consistent as Xoph's Blood. Not to mention Xoph's Blood can provide up to 40% more damage.

"
roflstilskin wrote:

My gear:

Spoiler

Grats on your first Shaper kill too! And that Starforge drop.

"
AngryBavarian wrote:
Hey first of all i would like to thank you for the guide! great work!

But i have a question because im kinda new to the game.

Do you cast Bloodrage and ancestral warchief by yourself or does it get triggered? The same with the beartrap and enduring cry :) how do you proc them?

thx alot for your info.

best regards

Yes. You self-cast Blood Rage and Warchief. You can however link Blood Rage to Cast When Damage Taken to have it on auto cast (I do advise against this as you could land yourself in nasty situation especially in no regen + vulnerability maps).

"
coutoo wrote:
Would you recommend taking Iron Reflexes? I just wondered why all people have so much armour and I run around with 2k.

Check out the FAQ for the answer to that. :)

"
Rinzlow wrote:
Shaper deathless undoable, infact, shaper is undoable if you didn't play vs shaper 50 times. Need all 5 HP flasks because there is no point in anything else, there is no mobs near shaper. Any gear you have his phase slam instantly kills you, i tested with 4 different 6links so far, nothing survives, have to go around kamehameha, can't insta-leech trough, yellow balls instant death can't leech trough... I have to say this build has been good trough most of the maps and guardians can even be tankfaced, unfortunately one of the worst builds for shaper I have ever played, you need all your gear to be movement based, defenses are negligible, attack is not important actually, don't even need cap resists, you die from anything in there. That's the cost of no vaal pact. I'm trying to figure out how to change skill tree so shaper is farmable, possibly deathless for new players. New players will not be able to do shaper in first 4-5 tries.

It is definitely very do-able without Vaal Pact. If you look a few posts just above you, you will see a few players killing Shaper for the very first time. In fact, if you scroll through the recent posts, you will see quite a number of such Shaper kill recount.

The key in killing Shaper is not having insane amount of toughness but instead you want insane amount of damage. The flasks play an important part in buffing the damage too.

Without enough damage, you will find yourself in a situation whereby the whole room is filled with degen vortexes and you will eventually die in that phase.

With enough damage, he won't have time to plant much vortexes on the ground (if any at all).

You also don't face tank his attacks. Instead you just have to cyclone around his back since he only launch his attacks in front of him, making them very easy to avoid.

You will definitely want to have resist capped because his damage are physical and all elemental based. Especially cold damage, which penetrates your cold resistance.

I would recommend you to read up Shaper on the wiki.

For his Slam attack, it is like you said, you need great movement speed for it, which is why Bronn's Lithe is a great Shaper kill chest. Otherwise you will have to link Faster Attack gem to leap slam.

Maybe other players who have killed Shaper could chip in with their views too. :)
I CAN KILL SHAPER ! Easy peezy, I can't do it deathless tho, one strategy i am 100% sure works with this build is you only attack during kamehameha and yellow balls. I have survived his vaal teleport slam once, but I'm really trying to do this deathless farming for service, much like uberlab full party service. So far, damage and defense are irrelevant, you have to have all your 3 pieces, brohn, devoto and 30 movement speed boots to beat shaper, you can't leech the damage, flasks are 99% empty.

"

Shaper dead 3 mins ago, I died once, prematurely exited Zana red buble and hit the purple bomb.

little minor improvements to damage to keep the core of the build.

I don't have any build suggestions but I'm working on it, to make deathless shaper runs other than pure knowledge of fight and relaying on your skills. Unfortunately the builds that can facetank shaper are really bad in mapping and teamplay.
Last edited by Rinzlow on Sep 5, 2017, 10:53:53 PM
and I should of recorded this last fight in particular, what you said, the room was 80% filled with vortexes in one of his phase because I wanted to see what happens, and it didn't change anything, you can sit inside 3 stacked vortex and leech back your life from shaper himself but you will have to turn off bloodrage during red buble phase, you can stand inside 2 stacked vortexes and wont die from DOT
VS

it's not instant, not bad either
Would molten strike deal more dps than cyclone on single target?
Last edited by tier5 on Sep 6, 2017, 2:31:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info