[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
kira1414 wrote:

To roll 3R 2B 1G, I recommend using 2R 1B on Vorici. Ignore the calculator. Probability doesn't work according to what the calculator shows. ;)

Increased Area is great for mapping and Concentrated is for boss fights.

There are 3 possible gem colors for 6L and all of them have cleared Shaper with 3R 2B 1G giving the most damage output. You can certainly stay with any of the combo and go for 3R 2B 1G at a later time.

The build is strong enough to carry you to T16 even without Xoph's Blood (as long as you are on Avatar of Fire skill tree) but you will definitely want to upgrade to that as it will give you 15% more damage.

Looking at your profile, I can see that you are still using leveling gears, consider switching them to the recommended setup shown in the guide.

Check out flasks and FAQ sections too. Especially flasks. Having the correct flask setup allows you to have a smoother experience with the build.

Thanks for the reply!

In terms of general mapping, in the gems section he mentions that if you have a 6L, you can keep concentrated effect instead of increased AOE and you won't see much of a difference.

After some testing, I don't see much of increased AOE tbh, it could be a low gem level, but I'm thinking of keeping concentrated Effect. Thoughts on that? Thanks!
OK tried Argus at 80 and got wrecked. 5k life 7k armor. Might swap out my Wise Oak for a Lion's Roar to be more Tanky. Also can probably swap my Belt to an Armour one since Im Ele Weakness Resist capped anyways and not gonna run into any of that in the Lab. Or I might just skip him from now on till Im closer to 90.

Spoiler
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Sep 4, 2017, 4:24:19 PM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
OK tried Argus at 80 and got wrecked. 5k life 7k armor. Might swap out my Wise Oak for a Lion's Roar to be more Tanky. Also can probably swap my Belt to an Armour one since Im Ele Weakness Resist capped anyways and not gonna run into any of that in the Lab. Or I might just skip him from now on till Im closer to 90.

Spoiler

Lions Roar makes a huge difference on Argus, I would definitely use it for him. He spends whole fight being pushed around and almost never hits me.

Very cool build. Doing full key runs at 80 with fairly budget gear (no xoph's blood/5L) really enjoying this build as a break from my other builds.

Finally got 100 Xoph Shards and ran the breach. He literally dropped ZERO loot. No Blessing...not even the crappy bow or helm. I got nothing. Im pissed, gonna spend all my chaos now on Breach Stones just to see something drop.
IGN: DabrixRN
I have seen many posts suggesting increased aoe and concentrated effect gem make no difference, that is only partially true. In my opinion, it make no difference in the situation where you cant kill mob at the edge of ur spin. Imagine the case where you still 1 shot mob moment they come to your spinning range despite using increased aoe gem, this will largely increase clear speed. So decision which gem to use in particular map depending on your overall damage + map mods that influencing the outcome.
"
Kimba wrote:
Hey there!

I'm making this for a dedicated labrunner and was wondering what you would suggest for gems, chest and Path of Building?

Gems Weapon:
Ignite or Pure Damage version?

Gems Chest:
Melee Physical Damage or Elemental Focus? (or worth trying to go for both and skip Faster Attack?

Chest:
Bronn's, Belly or Carcass?

Path of Building:
Tank, Primeval Force (pure damage), Primeval Force (Ignite DOT)?

Anything else?

Thanks! :)

If you just want to use the build for Uber lab, then any setup above will work.

If you want to clear Shaper, pure damage using Bronn or Carcass will be better.

"
acceleeerate wrote:
Hi there quick question. I was wondering why do you have to have Vaal Lightning Trap in the build ?

You throw it under boss, shocking them and they will take increased damage.

"
adobogrizzly wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

In terms of general mapping, in the gems section he mentions that if you have a 6L, you can keep concentrated effect instead of increased AOE and you won't see much of a difference.

After some testing, I don't see much of increased AOE tbh, it could be a low gem level, but I'm thinking of keeping concentrated Effect. Thoughts on that? Thanks!

You can certainly keep Concentrated gem on. :)

"
Thomasmgp wrote:

Spoiler

What @Krodah said. Argus is Izaro's pet and he fears Lion's Roar. Couple with Basalt flask (or Taste of Hate) and he will be not much threat.

"
mlvnk83 wrote:
I have seen many posts suggesting increased aoe and concentrated effect gem make no difference, that is only partially true. In my opinion, it make no difference in the situation where you cant kill mob at the edge of ur spin. Imagine the case where you still 1 shot mob moment they come to your spinning range despite using increased aoe gem, this will largely increase clear speed. So decision which gem to use in particular map depending on your overall damage + map mods that influencing the outcome.

Valid points. Also boils down to personal preferences when it comes to gem swap.
I want to thank OP for the awesome build. I stop playing for 2 leagues and lost touch with the meta when i came back for the fall of oriath expansion. Started the game with a pathfinder doomfletch and then struggled killing boss in t11 map which made me realize this is not the build i want. Rerolled into a couple of builds end up not even completing the main story line. I saw my friend carried me in uber lab using ngamahu cyclone build which led me to this guide. Good Job.

Despite a late starter, below is my gear;

Spoiler

Running with 6.6K hp, primerval focus and direct damage based (as im focus on boss killing since map clearing dont matter be it ignite or not ignite i still kill mob in a single spin up to t16).
My set up - Gears and passive are tweaked based on my own preference taking into account cost efficiency factor and flellxible mapping (dont need spend chaos reroll map mods) in mind. (For instance how i chose 6L belly instead of bronn as i don't need the damage from bronn when im still 1 shotting using belly. Survival became more important plus easier to roll RRRBBG than brone)
Currently clear basically all kind of map mods (excluding no leech mod and ele reflect) up to t15. Im using this build and kill boss up to t15 deathless usually. Usually just roll alc/vaal map and go without much issues. (-max resist, -recovery, curses, twinned are all non issue)

I have got the major upgrade items covered and am aware some of my gears especially accessories are in dire need of upgrade. which kind of upgrade would be my next biggest upgrades. Trying to be cautious as am aware each upgrade could cost hundreds of chaos at this point.
Last edited by mlvnk83 on Sep 4, 2017, 11:33:37 PM
Just killed Shaper, for my first time on any character, at level 95 with mediocre gear. Died 3 times. First death was to eating some balls when moving to the boss after sitting with Zana in phase two. The second was to the miniboss before p3(I figured I could facetank the frostbolt thing, I was wrong, very easy with smart positioning). Third was a misclick on cyclone right before he died in p3. All deaths were very easily avoidable, and I doubt I would die as much, if at all, if I tried it again.

I definitely recommend picking up Iron Reflexs if your running Bronns, it was a noticeable survivability increase when i grabbed it.

Overall this is the most enjoyable build I have played.

Current gear, used to kill Shaper:
Spoiler

I also have a red dream which was night and day for survivability when farming xp(switched it out for a damage jewel for shaper). My next pickup will be a cyclone enchant hat, as I've had no luck with lab enchants. Working on crafting rings as well, but it is hard.

Last edited by Tancerjay on Sep 4, 2017, 11:31:24 PM
Just reached level 82 with this build and I'm having a blast! :)

I'm relatively new to this game so my game knowledge is not the best at the moment.

I was just wondering, according to my gear, what would be the next obvious upgrade for me? I can either go the rings path for more life, save a while for xophs or I was thinking of saving up for my next flask.

The FAQ says xophs > taste of hate > dying sun.

Right now I can afford dying sun, but its last on the list. Is this item worth buying now?

Thanks all for your help! :)

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info