[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Just a small point on the tree - especially for those of you getting Primeval Force in the south east corner - if you are using Elemental Focus there is no point getting the "5% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite" as elemental focus doesn't allow you to apply status ailments. So better just to get the weapon elemental damage nodes leading up to Primeval Force.

P.
What would the recommended 5L setup be for Cyclone if you don't have Xoph's Blood, yet? It's pushing 5ex on Legacy right now, so might be a while until I have it.
Hey wanted to pop in and say this build is the funnest build i've played since i've been playing this game! Thanks so much for the hard work.

I was wondering if you have tried another fire pen gem in for the cyclone or is it benefiting from the fire pen in the ngamahu's flame?

I'm only running 5 slot ngamahu's flame, 5 link cyclone and 4 link for warchief and its already very strong and fun!

Thanks again!!!
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
"
old_nihilist wrote:
The last thing is 6l chest. Now it's 58k dmg. normal atziri is increadible easy! Sorry for my spam, It's just my second league, in the previous one I've been playing tri-curse witcher build and it was veeeeery slow gameplay... this one is just relief...

My gear now. around 6200 hp. [...]

The only one question is flasks... I really don't understand how you managed to play with only one life flask... regen is rather low and I have to hit the second flask to not be killed by izaro or traps. And Izaro still can oneshot me in the 3phase.... i would say it happens 50/50.. i dont understand how... sometimes i kill him very easy, sometimes I just get oneshot kill(((

I am not using Belly and my guy has 6.5K life. Once you gain more levels and with near min/max gears, you should easily have 7.5K life.

Some tips on handling Izaro traps:
- 3 Endurance charges and greatly reduce physical traps damage
- Running towards incoming trap (e.g. blades) greatly reduce incoming damage too
- With high movement speed, you can easily outrun the traps and again, take lesser incoming damage
- To handle traps, speed is key and this build has great movement speed
- I personally do not use Immortal Call but level 1 Cast When Damage Taken + level 3 Immortal Call does help in handling those spike grounds

But generally, once you are used to running Uber lab (I have did over hundreds of them since I started playing POE), you will be able to clear it with ease.

Taste of Hate is huge when it comes to mitigating incoming physical damage. It converts 20% of that to cold damage. With capped cold resist, this 20% is further reduced by 75% cold resistant.

But there is 1 phase in Izaro that I won't bother doing full key runs and that is Charge Disruptor. On days with Charge Disruptor, I will just take out Izaro in the shortest amount of time. He will usually only bring 2 to 3 charges to the next phases. With the charges stacked up on him, he will simply 1 shot you.

I would suggest you to get Lion's Roar + Taste of Hate + Dying Sun flasks (in displayed order) next and you should do very well in uber lab. :)

"
Kira, thanks for the great build mate; the Cyclone play style has always been a favorite of mine. I originally went EQ this season, but completely specc'd out to go with your build. Wasn't cheap, but was worth it. I felt somewhat gimped with EQ, and it wasn't satisfying to play.

Loving your build so far, but I could use your advice on where to go next. I was hoping you could check out my gear and gems and see what needs to be changed.

Just an FYI, I'm using a turquoise ammy for the int since I'm pretty damn low. Further, my gems aren't that leveled yet since I just specc'd out and bought the newer ones. I'm open to changing gems around as well. I didn't know whether I should go with a CWDT setup, use Hatred, etc..

I'm at about 17.3k (pretty low) damage in my hideout with Herald of Ash activated, along with 4.1k hp (pretty low again). Also, I have 4 skill points to utilize, but didn't know if I should go for endurance charges first, another jewel node, or some health nodes.

Any help would be great, thanks.

[...]

You can look at the bottom of this reply for non Xoph's Blood Cyclone gem setup. It should boost your cyclone damage.

Without Xoph's Blood, Hatred + Herald of Ash will give you more Cyclone damage but Molten Burst will suffer a damage lost from lacking Flammability curse. You will have to test that out to see whether Hatred + Ash perform better than Ash + Flammability.

CWDT (level 1) + Immortal call (level 3) is a good setup since it can help to block some damage. Test it out to see if you are running better with it or you actually do fine without it.

For the 4 skill points, I would go for Endurance charge + jewel node (you can get a jewel with +7% max life and more damage too).

"
Crysty1810 wrote:

How did u get to that kind of dmg, im lvl 82 and only 25k dmg on cyclone, and that is without fortify( i use added fire for more dmg), with fortify i get like 20k

Your gems are not max leveled and they do not have 20% quality. You will get more damage with 20% quality and level 20 / 21 gems. The damage difference from those gems are huge. You will also get more damage as you level up.

The following are screenshots of my standard guy (without helm enchantment). You can use it as a reference:

My Cyclone Damage on Standard
Spoiler
Increased Area of Effect Gem

Concentrated Gem

With Xoph's Blood Removed (Not wearing any amulet) - Approx. 30% damage lose

Note that Xoph's Blood provide approx. 30% more damage to Cyclone and Molten Burst so that is pretty huge on the amount of missing damage for players without the amulet.

You can look at the bottom of this reply for non Xoph's Blood Cyclone gem setup. It should boost your cyclone damage.

"
mrpetrov wrote:
Just a small point on the tree - especially for those of you getting Primeval Force in the south east corner - if you are using Elemental Focus there is no point getting the "5% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite" as elemental focus doesn't allow you to apply status ailments. So better just to get the weapon elemental damage nodes leading up to Primeval Force.

P.

Oh yes! Thank you for highlighting this! Totally forgot that Elemental Focus has a penalty. I have updated the skill tree accordingly.

I will also include an alternate setup that will utilize ignite damage into the guide soon.

"
dbush2765 wrote:
What would the recommended 5L setup be for Cyclone if you don't have Xoph's Blood, yet? It's pushing 5ex on Legacy right now, so might be a while until I have it.

Very good question. The following will be the 5L setup for Cyclone without Xoph's Blood:

5L Cyclone Without Xoph's Blood

"
Lunartuna wrote:
Hey wanted to pop in and say this build is the funnest build i've played since i've been playing this game! Thanks so much for the hard work.

I was wondering if you have tried another fire pen gem in for the cyclone or is it benefiting from the fire pen in the ngamahu's flame?

I'm only running 5 slot ngamahu's flame, 5 link cyclone and 4 link for warchief and its already very strong and fun!

Thanks again!!!

Glad you are enjoying the build. :)

Cyclone is not benefiting from Fire Penetration gem in Ngamahu's Flame. You will need to socket Fire Penetration into Cyclone setup in order for it to benefit from the gem. You raise a good suggestion with Fire Penetration gem + Cyclone. That's something worth pondering.
Thanks to @mrpetrov, he reminded me of the goal that I have forgotten when I was creating this build, and that was to make full use of ignite DOT.

As such, I have updated the guide under gems setup for various configuration. I have also made the gems section much easier to read.

The guide now also include gem setup for players who have not obtained Xoph's Blood and just playing the build with Ngamahu's Flame.

For your convenience, you can take a look here:

Gems Setup
Spoiler

Gems Setup For Ngamahu's Flame (Do not require 6L)
Spoiler
"
*** Skill Tree - Tank Ignite DOT Version

or
"
*** Skill Tree - Pure Damage Version (Squishier)

Thanks to @redviles input.

or
"
*** Skill Tree - More Ignite Damage Over Time Version (Squishier) ***

Gems Setup For Carcass Jack
Spoiler

With Xoph's Blood
Spoiler
6L Setup For Carcass Jack

or
"

Thanks to @Lemmji input.

5L Setup For Carcass Jack

or
"

Thanks to @Lemmji input.

Without Xoph's Blood
Spoiler
6L Setup For Carcass Jack

5L Setup For Carcass Jack

For 5L & 6L Carcass gem setup, you can swap "Increased Area of Effect" to "Concentrated Effect" during boss fights. In fact you can even keep concentrated in the 6L and you won't feel much difference in AOE radius.

Gems 4L Setup For Gloves / Helm / Boots
Spoiler
4L Setup (Gloves / Helm / Boots)

or
"

Thanks to @redviles input.
+
(
"

or
"

At least Enlighten 3 (you will need to pop mana flask more frequently) is needed for the following 4L, Enlighten 4 is preferred so you will have almost zero mana issues during mapping:

Purity of Fire setup is to better handle single elemental reflect mob at higher map tier when Ruby flask alone is not sufficient to tank through. With Purity of Fire + Ruby, single elemental reflect is no longer an issue.
)

For folks who can't afford Xoph's Blood at this moment, you can go for this amulet:

It will boost your damage.
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 9, 2017, 1:27:36 AM
Kira, thanks for the quick reply. With your advice, I got my tooltip DPS up to 31k almost. Look forward to doing Atziri finally.
Thanks to the OP for updating the gem setup.

How do you feel about using Added Fire and the 15% ignite chance from the tree versus just going Elemental Focus? Can you tell a difference on bosses? Also, can you ignite if you cant' crit?

P.
"
kira1414 wrote:

I am not using Belly and my guy has 6.5K life. Once you gain more levels and with near min/max gears, you should easily have 7.5K life.

may be is it just because of I took hatchet master ? It really boosts dmg, should I respec this and hit life passives ?

"
I would suggest you to get Lion's Roar + Taste of Hate + Dying Sun flasks (in displayed order) next and you should do very well in uber lab. :)

Im not aa exalt factory ))) It seems that I have to kill shaper to get dying sun, because it is incredible costly now. The same price like 6l belly. And actually I think that I gonna change belly to carcass. more damage - more fun )
Last edited by old_nihilist on Mar 9, 2017, 3:19:43 AM
amazing build, i'm happy.
Accidentally received 4r 1g 1b in carcas jack. i use added fire, ele focus, cyclone, forty, mele phys and wed this bad setup or viable? or i need rerol colour for focus + conc/inc.area?
i'm Try~~~~Good build!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info