Problems with Spells that don't get mentioned.

"
Andrius319 wrote:
before stuff snowballs..

( max mana * 1.75 / 100) + flat regen * total mana regen = mana per second
it's->
( max mana * 1.75 / 100 + flat regen ) * total mana regen = mana per second

and second thing to consider is spell echo. With it calculated mana consumption is halved.

Other than that, people saying that spell casting should be with cooldowns doesn't reflect the reality. I have yet to see player playing by that style (i'm sure there is some of them, but its minority). Most common option is warlords mark, other options are often bad, because often they are inconvenient.

And other thing, that 5% left free mana after reservation, believe me, i have char with around 40%-45% free mana and it struggles at fighting guardians. Well i suppose all other easier content is ok, but on prolonged fight things changes (running out of pots/vaal clarities).

All in all, i think state isn't that bad for the most part, but i guess there could be more tools or they could change clarity, make it reserve more and vastly increase regeneration on it.
Same, this is why im completely annoyed with people saying this, i have nearly 500 mana open and only like 65% of my pool is reserved on mana or something. No one is doing that crap, they know better.

People are completely dismissing red maps with hard mods., Bursting in telegraphic end game fights, yeah, obviously. Not casting in extra damage + hastened maps with decently hard mods, it doesnt work that way unless youre degen based or totem based as i mentioned before. Thats why throwing things on totems is extremely popular right now, it "solves" the mana per cast issue.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
kompaniet wrote:
this one helps too

sorry, but how does Atziri flask help with mana leech?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Ive talked about this a few times before but i really feel the need to reiterate some of the glaring issues with spells currently.

First off, theres the 6L mana cost. Its absurd and even with investment into mana it becomes impossible to sustain. There simply isnt any amount of regeneration that can let you cast a 120+ mana cost multiple times per second. Too much investment when the regeneration rates are abysmal for the investment. They tried to bandaid fix it with the eleron mod but frankly it doesnt work and getting elreon jewelry that has substantial stats is neigh impossible.

Here is video with only PoH and only three pieces of mana regen jewelry spamming 116 mana cost on 30 echo with a maraduer who get no mana bonuses.

No mana regen on tree, no mana jewels, no reduction gems, .
https://youtu.be/CS1bP8Ec40E

As I said it's easy and what you say is totally untrue. Not sure if trolling. I never had mana problems when costs were way higher than now let alone now.

If you don't invest anything in mana and are all DPS all the time sure you wont spam and have to rely on mana leech which is broken IMO. Shouldn't even be in game for casters. If you wanna spam should invest in all things mana (regen, reduction, volume, clarity) not one thing, leech. Feels like cheating.

OFC ez leech is there so I use it like everyone else but that doesnt mean you have to.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 13, 2017, 12:48:35 AM
"
Most common option is warlords mark, other options are often bad, because often they are inconvenient.

a gem. inconvenient -> bad. well.. if you want uber dps you should expect that there is some cost involved. inconvenience is not really a big cost. if you want easy mana sustain - play melee.. (yeah right)

if a caster has 42mana/sec without clarity then i can imagine he is playing Shadow, took the shadow start 2passive notable and got some mana from int. hardly an investment. i cannot imagine a Templar or Witch with mana problems (Shadow.. well because most casters use the same tree anyway - difference is 5 starting nodes)

100% mana regen is an impressive number but in reality one can get ~80-90% from one Paua ring or even more from new base amulet. i know i know 'BAD BASE'. maybe time to change your perspective? it is not a bad base. it is a base for casters. as long as you treat mana related rolls as a waste - youll face mana problems

note: previously mana regen/management was an issue because we had 'less mana regen' maps. these mods were very common and easily FORCED casters to a) rerol b) use mana leech. these mods are gone

note2: mana flasks are there for people who reach such insane mana throughput that they can no longer balance it.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Ive talked about this a few times before but i really feel the need to reiterate some of the glaring issues with spells currently.

First off, theres the 6L mana cost. Its absurd and even with investment into mana it becomes impossible to sustain. There simply isnt any amount of regeneration that can let you cast a 120+ mana cost multiple times per second. Too much investment when the regeneration rates are abysmal for the investment. They tried to bandaid fix it with the eleron mod but frankly it doesnt work and getting elreon jewelry that has substantial stats is neigh impossible.

Here is video with only PoH and only three pieces of mana regen jewelry spamming 116 mana cost on 30 echo with a maraduer who get no mana bonuses.

No mana regen on tree, no mana jewels, no reduction gems.
https://youtu.be/CS1bP8Ec40E

As I said it's easy and what you say is totally untrue. Not sure if trolling. I never had mana problems when costs were way higher than now let alone now.

If you don't invest anything in mana and are all DPS all the time sure you wont spam and have to rely on mana leech which is broken IMO. Shouldn't even be in game for casters. If you wanna spam should invest in all things mana (regen, reduction, volume, clarity) not one thing, leech. Feels like cheating.
Uhhh

You realize youre wearing a PLEDGE OF HANDS, right ? 100% increased maximum mana, you essentially double your mana pool while wearing it. Youre the one providing misinformation here, you arent "just wearing 3 pieces of jewelry" with mana regen.

Things you arent mentioning whatsoever either, stat balancing. Youre going to wear 3 pieces of gear with 50% + Mana regen over 40%+ Resistances ? You cant afford to do that in many builds which is why people dont. Flat mana isnt an option either because thats a massive sum of EHP from life or energy shield.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Things you arent mentioning whatsoever either, stat balancing. Youre going to wear 3 pieces of gear with 50% + Mana regen over 40%+ Resistances ? You cant afford to do that in many builds which is why people dont. Flat mana isnt an option either because thats a massive sum of EHP from life or energy shield.

so mana isnt an option but you want lots of it? how is that? maybe.. maybe it is a soft cap on your dps? so you have to drop one or another. it is almost as if this game demanded choices from the players.. almost.

maybe show us gear and tree in question?
I can do same thing with a 6L and just take soul siphon and deep thoughts let alone if I decide to really invest in mana, mana regen, and reduction. Anyway You are flat wrong saying it cant be done. I proved it not even trying just 4 pcs of mana compliment.

Stat balancing?

mana regen is a suffex that lets you can have two more resits. can have over 100 resits on each ring.

Mana is prefix like life and ES. Can have them on there too.

There is no stat conflicts stacking mana on jeweley with survival stats.
Git R Dun!
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

so mana isnt an option but you want lots of it? how is that? maybe.. maybe it is a soft cap on your dps? so you have to drop one or another. it is almost as if this game demanded choices from the players.. almost.

Im not having mana issues my build because leeching exists.

Im playing low life, capping for red tier elemental weakness + curses. That means you need 169% elemental resistances to hard cap your resists in maps to play them safely. You skip out on 3 pieces of gear with Mana regeneration and you no longer have that ability, severely restricting your map mod pool.

Ive already linked my gear.

Spoiler

I swapped out of lightning BECAUSE the damage was too inconsistent, that was one of my points in the original post. Lack of consistency and low damage rolls removes your ability to sustain.

Spoiler
I have plenty of other jewelry sitting around too

My mana regen with this build is 87 per second, its plenty enough to keep me casting right now even when not leeching, though i dont fully sustain it. My setup will change from faster casting to empower once its leveled up, which its like, just over half way.

My point being of this whole mana argument is the efficiency of mana is just bad. Theyve improved it but its still bad.

Spoiler
Build is a fairly generic low life build, theres nothing wrong with it.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAVCBx4NfA3RDkgPqxEPES8RUBGWFX4WQBZvFr8XLxpIGyUbyB0UIG4i9CSLJKomlSoLKjgqUysKLJwspjQKNbk26TdmPV9BlklRSbFLrkyzUDBSU1VLVa5V1lxrXIpd8l8qX2ph4mNDZOdmnmwLbRlwUnRVe9d88H5Zf8aApIRIhMWFfYnTjDaOZI9Gj_qQ1pEHknSTJ5Uul5WX9Juhm7WhL6crrJius7JwtAy1SLb6uZO7_L6KwwnDOsNtxvfK08_d0B_Q0ND118_ZW9te34rjauOE6QLquutj6_XviO_r8NXxivId9Cj3pvfX-Tf60g==

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jan 13, 2017, 1:16:20 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I can do same thing with a 6L and just take soul siphon and deep thoughts let alone if I decide to really invest in mana, mana regen, and reduction. Anyway You are flat wrong saying it cant be done. I proved it not even trying just 4 pcs of mana compliment.

Stat balancing?

mana regen is a suffex that lets you can have two more resits. can have over 100 resits on each ring.

Mana is prefix like life and ES. Can have them on there too.

There is no stat conflicts stacking mana on jeweley with survival stats.
How do you get "it doesnt conflict" ? Theres many builds using multiple uniques just to function, of course it conflicts. Are you going to play low life on a rare chest piece ? No.

If you take off one resistence off each piece of my gear it would bring me below the elemental weakness+curse cap thresoldhold in red tier maps. 50%+ Mana regen rolls over less damage, youd have to be insane to think that itd be worth it.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Im not having mana issues my build because leeching exists.

Im playing low life, capping for red tier elemental weakness + curses. That means you need 169% elemental resistances to hard cap your resists in maps to play them safely. You skip out on 3 pieces of gear with Mana regeneration and you no longer have that ability, severely restricting your map mod pool.

Ive already linked my gear.

Spoiler

I swapped out of lightning BECAUSE the damage was too inconsistent, that was one of my points in the original post. Lack of consistency and low damage rolls removes your ability to sustain.

Spoiler
I have plenty of other jewelry sitting around too

My mana regen with this build is 87 per second, its plenty enough to keep me casting right now even when not leeching, though i dont fully sustain it. My setup will chance from faster casting to empower once its leveled up, which its like, just over half way.

My point being of this whole mana argument is the efficiency of mana is just bad. Theyve improved it but its still bad.

Spoiler
Build is a fairly generic low life build, theres nothing wrong with it.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAVCBx4NfA3RDkgPqxEPES8RUBGWFX4WQBZvFr8XLxpIGyUbyB0UIG4i9CSLJKomlSoLKjgqUysKLJwspjQKNbk26TdmPV9BlklRSbFLrkyzUDBSU1VLVa5V1lxrXIpd8l8qX2ph4mNDZOdmnmwLbRlwUnRVe9d88H5Zf8aApIRIhMWFfYnTjDaOZI9Gj_qQ1pEHknSTJ5Uul5WX9Juhm7WhL6crrJius7JwtAy1SLb6uZO7_L6KwwnDOsNtxvfK08_d0B_Q0ND118_ZW9te34rjauOE6QLquutj6_XviO_r8NXxivId9Cj3pvfX-Tf60g==

You going max DPS like I said in first post with two VB. A Shield can have regen and resits you're looking for. Off-load some resits onto a shield and your boots you're still at 169% and with 3pcs of regen. But you dont want to. It's your choice not fault with mana.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info